Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is enough to kill a character in my game?

An entire magazine of AR bullets emptied into your chest.
The above, but with a shotgun blast to the back of the head
The above, but also with a bullet to the face.
Neither.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Roll to Assassinate -- The Infiltration 4/6  (Read 17012 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Assassinate -- A cheeky/edgy game where you kill various peeps. 3/6
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2015, 11:12:00 am »

((It's hard to see the white flowers on it though, thanks to all the blood.))

Steve's smile disappears once he notices that the lobo-guard drooled on his shirt. "You've made a grave mistake, my friend."

Insert his face into a wall. Violently.

After that, he turns to his comrades with the grin returned to his face. "Judging from what's happening outside, it seems like we need to hurry up." He then walks over to the last survivor and asks him a question while casually wiping the blood off his kukri on the guard's shirt. "Way to go upstairs. Where?"

If I've gotten directions from the guard, then move towards there. Once I've encountered a door, ready my shotgun and wait for the others. If I didn't get an answer or if it feels like I've been lied to - point at my kukri and then ask the question again. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to take care of him on the way out. I'll leave the exact method to you, SaberTooth.

[99]You cough a little bit as you grab the face of the lobotomized guard. He doesn't resist. You then push him a bit closer to the wall, and he trips a little bit when you do it, but just manages to stay upright. He looks clueless when you retract your arm and slam the back of his head against the wall behind him. You wonder what will give in first, the wall or his skull. Your doubts are immediately wiped when you see blood on the wall, where you slammed him. This fuels your thirst for blood as you repeatedly bash the wall with his occiput against the hard wood and plaster, leaving an increasingly terrifying mark on the wall. This reminds you of the Rorschach test and the ink stains on paper shown to patients. Now that you think about it, you never attempted it. Maybe that's for the better, because if you did THEY would probably place you on some watchlist or whatever.

Oh look, we strayed a bit too far from our original subject. Where were we? Oh right, the murdering of Brainless McGee. When you come back to your senses you realize you're just slapping a piece of meat against a few boards. Now that he is dead, this has begun to be tedious rather than satisfying. Oh well, there is one still alive.

The Slovak pushes his interogatee towards you, and you quickly pick up on the vibe he does it with. Question time is over, now it's the time for your kind of action. The stumbling man is turned backwards to you, so you kick him in the back of his knee to make him fall on his knees. He does so, and you quickly step closer to him and raise your machete up into the air. He starts shrieking something, something probably about mercy and letting him go. That amuses you, so instead of doing this clean, you decide to make it hurt. You grab at his hair and pull upwards a bit and then chop into the side of his head, fracturing the skull and the maninges and spilling lots of blood on the floor. After the slice you did, his shrieks turned into screeches and he tries to pull free in vain. You then repeat the process, leaving only a bit of skin attaching the top of his head to the rest of his body. Following your cruel plan, you then rip the scalp off his head and thrust your hand into the exposed cortex.

This feels so good.

After you recollect your thoughts you grab your shotgun and head to the place where Avery went earlier. When you're right abotu to turn a corner, you hear him talking with the guards, something about a birthday, a party and bumfucking. An entirely normal conversation. You grab your shotgun and prepare to fight.

By the way, you said I had a rifle, but I have an FN Five Seven. Next I'll ask the guard the name of the "bigwig" (he could be thinking of someone else) and the circumstances under which it would be at least marginally acceptable to even go near there. Stab knife into his arm if he hesitates for too long.

[23]"The bigwig, huh!? WHO DO YOU THINK HE IS!?" - "His Majest... the king! The King! Please, no..."

Any other question you could have wanted to asked him is now unimportant, as after seeing and hearing one of his fellows being liquidated turns him into a whispering mess. Instead of answering your questions, he just cries and pleads for his life. What a fucking goit. With a certain sense of retribution, you push him towards your local psychopathic murderer, Steve. He is more than happy to brutally scalp him.

Fuck it, let's get deep into this bitch.

You step out of the room before you see Steve pleasure himself and instead head towards the bowels of the palace. You quickly realize that Avery went this way, and the fact is that you can hear him speaking with the guards behind this corner. You draw your Nine-Seven (See? I can get it right.) and prepare for action.

Yas.

"Backflips man. I found a new reason to live. Talk about life, those explosions aren't reassuring."

Folow Steve.

You consider continuing your impressive acroabatic feat, but instead to do the practical thing and follow Steve after he has his sort of fun and then step with him into the mansion, contemplating on your miserable existence before you encountered backflips. What is life without the sommersault? Nothing, I tell you.

Unfortunately, your thoughts are interrupted when you cut the corner and see Avery talk to some guards. It doesn't seem to work, as the guards have their guns trained on him. You quickly back up and prepare your silenced Glock 18. This will be fun.

Waitlist, por favor. If this is active still. What would 'mechanics' be for skills? Actually, a brief meta of how all the skills work would be nice.
I'll probably insert both you and Yoink soon. Half my players are not responding, so as soon as you make a sheet, you're in.

The peeps who haven't posted: This is the last chance. Either you post, or you're out so that this can go forward. Sorry if this hampers your stuff or whatever.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Hawk132/Steve (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Andres/Jack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: conein/Marco (click to show/hide)

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Assassinate -- A cheeky/edgy game where you kill various peeps. 6/6
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2015, 11:32:46 am »

((Did I mention that I love how ridiculously brutal all the deaths in this game are?))

Do the following after Tomasque attempts the thing he's trying to do (and fails to kill all the guards).

"Bumfucking!? I have something perfect for that!"

The perfect thing being my shotgun. Shoot at the guards (and possibly 'accidentally' hit Avery with one of the blasts, if you'd like an IC reason for him leaving the game, should Hiddenleafguy not show up.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:09:12 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:30 pm »

Sneak up behind them. If they see me, persuade them that I was trying to do a surprise birthday party. If they don't believe me... SHOOT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2015, 05:54:55 am »

Sneak up behind them. If they see me, persuade them that I was trying to do a surprise birthday party. If they don't believe me... SHOOT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!
You can't sneak behind them, because the only way in is through a corridor, leading to the main hall. The guards are near the door, aiming their guns at hiddenleafguy who opened the door.

And Hawk is going full shotgun mode on everyone in his cone of fire.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Assassinate -- A cheeky/edgy game where you kill various peeps. 5/6
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2015, 05:16:29 pm »

andres is confirmed out, I PM'd him and he said he has no time.
hiddenleafguy wasn't on in, like, two weeks so that he is out, unfortunately.
Playergamer hasn't yet responded to my PM. I'll edit his response in.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2015, 10:23:06 am »

Hmm... is there anything of interest down here? I guess I won't participate in the firefight, so I might as well find more guards to interrogate. (Please make a map so I'm sure I'm not brutally misjudging the size of the floor we're on.)
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »

Oh shit! They want a map! Evasive manouvers, evasive manouvers!

Will edit it in. Also, Playergamer is confirmed out.

Yoink hasn't responded. Lermfish, make that sheet.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:44:39 pm by SaberToothTiger »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2015, 04:42:35 pm »

Map done. Is very swanky.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2015, 06:56:34 pm »

"Alright!"

Shoot my pewpew and then do the best frontflip ever.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

"Don't shoot. I'll diffuse the situation."

walk up to the guards.

"You know him too? Well if we both friends with him, I guess that makes us friends as well."

Hold my hand out to shake. If he does, twist his arm and stab the other guard, then stab the one who's arm I twisted. If he doesn't shake, then excuse myself and walk past the guards, turning around and striking once they turn their backs on me.
Money!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Assassinate -- A cheeky/edgy game where you kill various peeps. 4/6
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2015, 02:01:27 pm »

((Did I mention that I love how ridiculously brutal all the deaths in this game are?))

Do the following after Tomasque attempts the thing he's trying to do (and fails to kill all the guards).

"Bumfucking!? I have something perfect for that!"

The perfect thing being my shotgun. Shoot at the guards (and possibly 'accidentally' hit Avery with one of the blasts, if you'd like an IC reason for him leaving the game, should Hiddenleafguy not show up.)
[82] You rush in and shoot that fucker Velaffe in the back of the head. Twelve lead pellets were not enough to kill that french bastard face, though they were enough to completely mangle his face and make him unrecognizable. But something else draws your attention. The Slovak was currently dealing with the guards hand-to-hand style. He performs two impressive aikido moves and he shows that he definitely has some knife skills. You can't help but think how exciting would it be to fight and see who is better on the field of blood and honor. With your eyes glowing with joy and rage, you enter the main hall.

"Alright!"

Shoot my pewpew and then do the best frontflip ever.
[66] You rush in and charge forward, but when you get there, Kosmeyiik has already dealt with the opposition with some amazing moves. You note to self to learn some martial art to fit your acrobatic style. Unhappy, you attempt a frontflip. While it is not as amazing as your previous backflip, you still feel a bit happier. You enter the main hall, and just to make sure, finish off the gasping man on the ground in front of you with a swift bullet. With silent surprise, you realize that mangled person was, in fact, your late companion Avery Lafitte. You shed a tear of sadness and nick his wallet. It is empty and thus you are sad again.

"Don't shoot. I'll diffuse the situation."

walk up to the guards.

"You know him too? Well if we both friends with him, I guess that makes us friends as well."

Hold my hand out to shake. If he does, twist his arm and stab the other guard, then stab the one who's arm I twisted. If he doesn't shake, then excuse myself and walk past the guards, turning around and striking once they turn their backs on me.

[84] You swagger up to the hold up and show the guards your best car salesman smile, exposing your snow white teeth grown on carpathian goat cheese and other such delicacies. Your confident step throws the wiser of the guard off-balance and you extend your hand to the dumber of the guards. He, perhaps out of his naïve, trusting view of the people around him, extends his own and grabs your palm.

Sucker.

You grab his wrist with your other hand and step sideways behind him, then continue the move. Your and his hand create a majestic bow as you apply the Kote Gaeshi and painfully force him on his back on the floor. Then, unlike in the original Aikido technique, you pull out your knife at stab it into the throat of the man. Any hopes he could have had of returning to Nebraska, rising his children and holding birthday parties with old friends from school are taken from him, just like his ability to speak or breathe. You wonder whether will be bleed out or drown in his own blood faster.

The successfully performed Ai Hanmi Katate Dori Kote Gaeshi fills your heart with happiness, but this is not yet time for rest as the more conscious of the guards fires his gun into the chest of Avery and, seeing he won't have time to turn and shoot you, he instead drops his rifle and goes for a straight, right hand punch.

You quickly move in and intercept his hand and pull him towards yourself whilst stepping to the side. He is unable to stop or slow down, and he is forced to follow you and and do a semi circle before you let him go and instead simply raise your arm into his chin. He is stopped dead in his tracks and he falls. His back slams into the ground. He clearly never took classess in a dojo, as he had no idea how to take a fall and instead of a graceful fall he scored a painful hit. You don't waste time and stab him once in the armpit, once in the abdomen, right under the bulletproof vest and then you finally finish your myriad of death by thrusting your butterfly knife into his neck, slicing the artery and mortally wounding him. He is dead before you gracefully get up and wipe your bloodied weapon on Velaffe's shirt.

You can clearly see just how impressed your mates are, though Steve's masterful brawling style is just as effective, if less showy.

Suddenly, from around the corner a guard you have not noticed before rushes forward and aims his gun at you. You scramble for your weapon, already knowing that you are too late, that you won't get to it before he ends your life.

Then he falls on his left knee, his right one being shattered by a roundhouse kick. A well kept, woman's hand then jabs him in the throat, completely and utterly destroying the larynx and the upper trachea. You immediately feel a reserved respect for the woman that steps forward afterwards.

Lermfish:
[99] Well done, you think to yourself, after you sneak into the palace through one of the back windows and strangle a few guards on the way to the staircase. Soon you will get Johann, the heir apparent to the throne of the micronation of Gawalen. You got intel that a team was already on-site, but they were ordered to kill the King and not his son. Just as well, you think, as you enter the main hall and see a guard aiming his gun at a man, probably one of the operatives. You think quick, and sprint towards him, and when you get close you perform a roundhouse kick to his exposed, right knee. Your heavy boot strikes with great force and the joint simply gives in and shatters, forcing the man to his left knee and causing him to drop his rifle. You then curl your hand into a fist and slam it into the throat of the man. Effective and efficient, just as are you.

Playergamer:
The op continues. You scout out the area with your rifle, looking for any dangers to report to the team. You concentrate hard, and that is why at first you didn't hear the steps behind you, the steps of an experienced operative. When you finally realize what's up, you let go of the rifle and reach for the pistol, trying to outrace the man, trying to prevent the unevitable...

Hiddenleafguy:
Your attempt at persuasion failed, you hoped your friends would save your fat from the fire, and in fact the Slovak does come in and takes out Bob the Idiot. You exhale with relief, but that moment was a moment you should have spent on action. You couldn't know that Steve, the bloodthirsty one, would shoot you in the back of the head. You couldn't know the merc would unload his M4 into your chest. You couldn't have known that Marco would finish you off with a bullet to the forehead. You couldn't have known. You expire, not knowing what is happening to you, feeling no pain, your troubles finally over.
You expire doing what you did best.
You die, your death caused by your first fast talking mistake.
You die a happy man.

Andres:
You didn't mean to shoot the kid. You really didn't. What man would shoot an unarmed child? What man could do that to an innocent being, one incapable of sin?
You look at your hands, stained with the life force of guilt free men that didn't do anything wrong. Why did they deserve to die? They only did whatever good people did.
Perhaps the only one that deserves death is you.
The bullet, fired by the last living policeman of the group, strikes you in the middle of the chest, killing your body instantly.
Your mind notes the final act of justice and extinguishes.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Hawk132/Steve (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: conein/Marco (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:25:33 am by SaberToothTiger »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »

((So I checked my status and noticed that I'm carrying that scalp around. Cracked me up.))

Steve takes a look at the corpses to examine the team's handiwork. His eyes stop at whatever is left of Avery's face. "Whoops, looks like I accidentally engaged in good ol' friendly fire! ... oh well. So, anyone noticed any stairs?"

Look for them stairs. Go up them stairs. Stealthily, if that's still an option. Shoot fools. Or stab them, if I'm being sneaky.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Assassinate -- The Infiltration 4/6
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2015, 10:04:41 am »

Advance ahead of all the others in a manner that would seems like a routine guard patrol.
Money!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »

Marco's eyes are filled with sadness and rage as another possible money source reveals itself to be useless.

After that, Marco wonders what the time is. But he doesnt really care and tries to scout the place for possible advancement.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2015, 05:28:51 pm »

Lermfish. Post your action, please.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16