Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1972 Design  (Read 9260 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1972 Design
« on: August 02, 2015, 04:20:42 pm »

Welcome to Caterynagrad, engineers! My name is Master, and this lab belongs to me! This lab bears the name of the Boss. When he personally entrusted it to me, he made it clear that it's more than a lab... It's a symbol! It is also my house! As such, you will respect this design floor, you will respect this equipment! Most importantly, you will make the former Premier proud, by designing for me the most formidable weapons ever known to man! Get me? Hail Amerika! Now, get to work!

The OOC thread for this game is here, and you should probably read it. The basic rules are that each year you get to design a weapon or piece of equipment, then you may revise that design or an existing one, and then everything goes into production and you get to find out if your weapons are doing better than the Amerikan ones.

Here is the current state of the USAA's army:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why are you reading when you should be WORKING? Hail Amerika!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:51:30 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1970
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 05:03:07 pm »

Type 600 ARM

A simple, air to surface anti Radiation missile. Locks on to enemy radiation emmisions, such as radar or jamming equipment, and destroys them.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:17:09 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:51 pm »

Type 600 ARM

A simple, air to surface anti Radiation missile. Locks on to enemy radiation emissions, such as radar or jamming equipment, and destroys them.
Sounds good to me! +1.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 08:29:26 pm »

*Hiddenleafguy jumps in through a window! He looks a bit older then when you last saw him, but he is younger then he should be. He looks pretty cool when he lands on his feet, barely.* Never fear! Leafguy is here! Yay for communism comrades.... I mean great yes, yay capitalism ya'll.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »

Type 600 ARM

A simple, air to surface anti Radiation missile. Locks on to enemy radiation emissions, such as radar or jamming equipment, and destroys them.
Sounds good to me! +1.
+1

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 08:43:24 pm »

I agree, plus one to you!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:59 pm »

Lets teach those fools to use radar even as they develop flares to fool our missiles! +1!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:56:37 pm »

Yay for communism comrades.... I mean great yes, yay capitalism ya'll.
The USAA are Leninist, which means they reject capitalism. The Confederates are capitalists.

---

Weapon: Type 600 ARM

The weapon is bulky because of the radar-detecting system included in the body of the missile, which also reduces its range very badly. Pilots are very apprehensive about using it because of how low they'll need to fly in order to deploy it. The Type 20 Interceptor has to be modified with a central mount in order to carry this missile, because it weighs just as much as two MRAAMS. The missile is far too slow to be used in air-to-air engagements, and only anti-ground warheads are developed for it. [1 Chemical, 1 Ore, Inexpensive]

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:02:29 pm »

Also, how do space stations and moonbases work? Generally they aren't mass produced like other craft and weapons... do we have to design each of them separately  if we want a spacedock or something?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 10:10:14 pm »

Also, what are the satages? Do we have design, revision, and production stages as in the other game?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 11:07:56 pm »

I say, for our revision, we make the radar for our rocket lighter, thus making the rocket more appealing for air to air.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 11:13:22 pm »

Also, what are the stages? Do we have design, revision, and production stages as in the other game?
Didn't you read the OP? It's the same as in the other Arms Race game. That was your design, now its your revision phase.

Also, how do space stations and moonbases work? Generally they aren't mass produced like other craft and weapons... do we have to design each of them separately  if we want a spacedock or something?
You could go either way. Its possible to mass produce buildings that can then be pushed out into space. Or you can do something big and one-of-a-kind like the ISS which would be a National Effort (National Efforts might work differently in this game; I think maybe there will be a cool down duration of a year or more depending on how expensive the design in question is).

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 11:19:14 pm »

Revise the Type 600 to be lighter, and have a greater effective range.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 11:21:15 pm »

Also, what are the stages? Do we have design, revision, and production stages as in the other game?
Didn't you read the OP? It's the same as in the other Arms Race game. That was your design, now its your revision phase.
the thread title not changing confused me.

Ah, I say we go and revise our fighter so it does not fall to bits at high speed.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 11:39:53 pm »

the thread title not changing confused me.

Ah, I say we go and revise our fighter so it does not fall to bits at high speed.
+1 from me.
Forenia Forever!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11