Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1972 Design  (Read 9271 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1970
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 12:16:34 am »

Also, what are the stages? Do we have design, revision, and production stages as in the other game?
Didn't you read the OP? It's the same as in the other Arms Race game. That was your design, now its your revision phase.
the thread title not changing confused me.

Ah, I say we go and revise our fighter so it does not fall to bits at high speed.
+1 from me.
+1 since we might as well
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 02:12:13 am »

I'm just going to note the game will probably flow a lot better if you remember to change the title to show what phase it currently is for both nations.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 03:30:48 am »

A bit torn between fixing the fighter, fixing the anti-radar missile, or fixing the satellite so that we can conquer SPESS.

Revision : Modify our Model B satellite to store it's film in a small canister, which will be launched back to earth and descend by parachute, where it will be caught by 3 men and a trampoline.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1970 Revision
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 06:56:33 am »

I am changing my vote to the satellite.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 05:48:02 pm »

A bit torn between fixing the fighter, fixing the anti-radar missile, or fixing the satellite so that we can conquer SPESS.

Revision : Modify our Model B satellite to store it's film in a small canister, which will be launched back to earth and descend by parachute, where it will be caught by 3 men and a trampoline.
This has my vote.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1970 Revision
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 07:17:37 pm »

Revision: Type B Military Satellite

Trial runs for the specialized reentry vehicle that the film rides in are promising. Canisters can theoretically survive reentry, and the automatic parachutes being tested have all worked as advertised. Unfortunately, there's no way to control where the canister goes. While command and control can always know for certain where the film will be when its chute deploys, there's no way to predict where the canister will float, making it difficult to recover. Because of this, the Type B is still not considered ready for deployment.

Quote from: Doctor Formido (Extradited)
We're really quite confident that the canisters descend at a rate that doesn't necessitate any further slowing of the vehicle. Please don't make us do this.

Numerous leg, back, and arm injuries occurred to testing personnel ordered to hold a trampoline beneath heavy canisters descending at 29km/h that were thrown from low-flying planes. One man was killed outright when he lost his footing and fell during repositioning of the trampoline, and was crushed beneath it when the canister landed on target.

---

Factories are too busy producing tinned fruit for any to be allocated toward military expenditure this year.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellar Arms Race, USAA: 1971 Design
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 10:24:45 pm »

* Aseaheru gives pointed looks to the three of you who voted for sats instead of working on our aircraft.

So, I think we need to either deal with them in atmo or get a new gun for vacuum...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 10:52:58 pm »

I say we design a ship with a swivel gun. For space, I mean.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 11:43:11 pm »

Oh hey, we have orbital pods even though they aren't on our list, I thought we'd have to invent those. Or if we don't we have some other vehicle for cosmonaut to go into space with. Anyway, I think we should either invent our own radar guided missile, or come up with a radar jammer module to jam their missiles.

Edit : After further thought, I vote to design our own medium ranged Radar Guided Missiles.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:42:50 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 12:49:36 am »

We also have spacesuits, although those arent listed.

And thats what I blame the fiasco on the moon on. If I had known that we where gonna fight in space this turn I probably had suggested a weapon for fighting in space.
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 02:20:59 am »

I think we should forget about the Moon for the moment, and focus on denying the enemy acces to their own airspace.

Type 30 Attack helicopter

An advanced helicopter covered in radar absorbant coating and other systems to prevent a proper lock-on. Has a payload of at least 4 ARM's, and some additionall weaponry. In addition, can also be used to recover spysat canisters in midflight.

Their missiles rely on lock-on by radar. Take out the radar, and their defense is useless.[/s]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:45:20 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 09:13:36 pm »

Perhaps, but I would like to wait until we know exactly what we have and dont have before going again.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:11 pm »

Supporting attack heli.

Its as good of an idea as any.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »

Helicopters don't have the range to participate in this conflict. Right now there's no ground conflict in either of your countries, most of the fighting is happening elsewhere, and the airspace being fought over is that directly over either of your countries (where rockets are launched from). Thus, the only way to get an attack helicopter over the enemy's land is by deploying one via a carrier (the countries don't border one another on land nor do they have allies in that position). Not only would it require an all out war involving both navies in order to insert these choppers—something neither side's leaders are willing to do—a helicopter simply wouldn't survive over the unsecured territory of a modern country. Imagine a squadron of hostile attack choppers flying over an American city in the 70s. Radars would pick it up in an instant and jets or ground forces armed with AAA and guided missiles would quickly organize and destroy them.

I wouldn't be saying this unless I thought your design would be completely useless. I don't want you to waste your turn when I'm completely certain of the outcome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »

With stealth tech? Range is a good point though...

Ah, our sats are still oddly useless, correct?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11