Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 55886 times)

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage RTD [Mission I!]
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2015, 07:11:09 pm »

((If we look at the damage our team can do, we'd be lucky to kill one guard a round (with 3/4ths of our attacks hitting the same guy). On one hand, I don't want to die...

On the other, there's a long list of people behind us. Why not add five HP to the leader so that it makes sense again? :p))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2015, 08:51:16 pm »

((This plan was too deranged to fail. I also cannot stop laughing.))

"Stand aside you fools!" Vissilik crows, casting aside his Nazi dramatically like a cloak and aiming his sword at the commander. "I am here... FOR YOUR HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!"

Challenge the one in charge to a duel for command of the ship!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2015, 10:18:15 pm »

((I vote to lowering the stormtrooper's health to a more reasonable amount.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:33 pm »

((I vote to lowering the stormtrooper's health to a more reasonable amount.))
Compromise: raise the leader's health to 15, but lower the grunts' health to 5.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »

((Adjust them all randomly!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:55 pm »

((Adjust them all randomly!))
Random.org rolled five ones, I swear!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2015, 05:11:44 pm »

All good suggestions, but I have a bit of bad news. I've sort of... gone and broken my elbow. Updates will be delayed as trying to write on a keyboard with one hand is infuriating. I'll see what I can do (maybe write the posts on phone), but this is a touch problematic.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2015, 05:13:07 pm »

All good suggestions, but I have a bit of bad news. I've sort of... gone and broken my elbow. Updates will be delayed as trying to write on a keyboard with one hand is infuriating. I'll see what I can do (maybe write the posts on phone), but this is a touch problematic.

((Use your nose to compensate.

Also, ouch. Hope you get well soon.))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »

((I have a suggestion for healing, go to hoth and tell them that a wampa hit you! Also heal quickly so we don't riot, or use voice to text!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2015, 05:37:24 pm »

((Wow. Well. Good luck with that, and as "oops can't update the game three updates in" reasons go, this one's pretty good.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »

((I hope that this saddest of faces communicates my feelings properly. :c

I hope it's not severe. Don't stress yourself out on our behalf!))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2015, 07:53:39 am »

Thanks, y'all. This update brought to you by all the speed and patience of an elderly tortoise.
---

Speaks and Evil Roy
"Well done taking the fight to them, London!  Perhaps you should work on your axe-swinging skills, however!  Not that I am proficient in this regard, either!"

Well, let's start working on shooting the Nazis.  Let's aim for the one with the medals first; he looks important.
Evil Roy expresses admiration at the funny shapes in the blood. Most impressive!

Shoot the Stormtrooper Leader with a stunning bolt.

[3] Speaks sees the unfolding fracas and turns to help the human and the robot. He aims down at the most important-looking Nazi. The saurian hero fires - [Dodge 5] and as usual, misses. A few hours on the shooting range before the mission wouldn't have hurt. [3+1=4][Dodge 3+1=4] The close-quarters laser SMG buckles wildly in the leader's counter-volley and the scorching bolts fly past him to wreck the remains of a dinner table.

Next up is Evil Roy. [1] Perhaps wary of shooting so close to allies, or possessed by some undescribable need, Evil Roy fails to use his chance [4+1=5] before the Nazi spits energized death his way as well. [Dodge 1+1=2] Quantity triumphs over quality and several lucky shots from the Nazi's volley impact upon his form. [Damage 4] The growing pain is quite unpleasant.

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Crit and London
Crit doesn't want to die, so um, Display a picture of Adolf Hitler's face on my screen and run past the stormtroopers. Those Nazis wouldn't shoot at their own dear Fuehrer, would they?

Slash the last nazi as I run past because Crit has to contribute to the fight and help his friends.

No time for memories, no time for pain! Let loose a feral berserker scream and RIP AND TEAR!

Crit comes up with a bold gambit and brings up a picture of the Führer on his monitor. [1] Unfortunately, the image of this false leader does not fool the Nazis for a second - in fact, it only seems to enrage them. [3+1=4,2,2,1,3] Most are so consumed by rage they fail to attack, but the Nazi leader spins around from facing the other heroes and screams his outrage.

'Schweinehund!' the man curses and [Dodge 2-1+1=2] unloads a volley into Crit. [Damage 4] Damage reports pile up once more. On the leader's heels is another trooper who [Dodge 1-1+1=1] plants the barrel of his gun right against Crit's shell before pulling the trigger. [Damage 4*2=8] This is proving a little alarming, to tell the truth. There are now entirely unintended holes in him.

[5] Well aware of that old maxim about discretion, better parts and valor, Crit runs for it. [Dodge 5] He slashes wildly with the sabre at the Nazi in his way and at least succeeds in getting him out of the way. [6][Dodge 4-1+1] Scattered shots fly at his fleeing back in return, but they slam into the doors and then he's out in the corridor. Paths to 'Security', 'Medical' and 'Bridge' open before him.

Left behind him, London remains in her rage-fueled struggle with the Stormtroopers. [5-1+1=5] Another warcry erupts from her throat and the mighty axe swings [Dodge 3-1=2] to chop into a Nazi back. [Damage 6] The trooper plops down with a severed spine and sure doesn't get back up again. [3,4,6,1] Showing more competence than usual, the Nazi troopers surge to avenge their comrade. [Dodge 5+1-1=5] The first, an ugly brute with a broken nose that reminds London of a fourth-grade bully, misses his chance as London bats his tiny coward's weapon aside and [6-1+1=6] [Dodge 5] sends him rolling away to avoid Grímnir's Hold.

[Dodge 5+1-1=5] The second comes at her from the side, his burst slamming into the floor as [4-1+1=4] [Dodge 3] London springs clear and spins around to chop into the thug's arm.
[Damage 6/2=3] London doesn't stop moving, [Dodge 2+1-1=2] [Shield Use 1] but now her luck runs out. A wild burst of fire catches her in the side and sends her sprawling. [Damage 4] The pain, however, is nothing compared to the burning fire of vengeance.

[+1 to CR against this bastard, Stormtrooper 4, until drugs run out.]

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Vissilik
"Stand aside you fools!" Vissilik crows, casting aside his Nazi dramatically like a cloak and aiming his sword at the commander. "I am here... FOR YOUR HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!"

Challenge the one in charge to a duel for command of the ship!

Far away, Vissilik knows just what to do. It is a matter of honor and stylish headgear.

Stunned silence follows, [6] Then the Captain stands up, looking down on his challenger with all the haughty pride a spawn of German aristocracy can muster.

'Very well, you monstrous creature! I ACCEPT!'

The Captain hobbles down from his throne, his rotund bulk heaving left and right. He adjusts his monocle and holds out a hand. A scurrying servant soon brings an ornate dueling sword in a golden case and hands it to him. He lumbers forward, ready. The duel may commence!

---
Spoiler: Vissilik (click to show/hide)
---

Irony, what the hell, I don't remember generating you a 'Lucky' piece of gear.

Some combat explanations - the Nazis are attacking so many times because every time someone attempts to attack you, you get a counter-attack against them. London also benefited from this. The Nazis also got a round of free attacks on Crit for his critfail.

This took a loooot of time and copypasting single symbols it's difficult to make with just one hand, yeah.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:08:49 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2015, 08:23:27 am »

Evil Roy is about to launch into a soliloquy on the terrible way these Nazi gentlemen are shooting him, him! Him who has not even shot them once!

Instead, though, he moves to shoot them. Maybe. If he can be arsed.

Shoot n' stun Nazi Stormtrooper Leader!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2015, 08:51:48 am »

Not working, as usual.  A new tack is required, surely.

Is there a chandelier or some other ornate ceiling ornament to shoot down on top of the enemies?  A steam pipe to shoot out?  Some other source of environmental damage?  Failing that, shoot a goon, I suppose.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »

Ugh, remove the picture of that awful person from my screen. Show a turtle instead, much nicer.
Run to the medical wing, that should have some things to repair my squishy friends. Try to repair myself with glue on the way there.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31