Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Under the Alien Stars-Burned World  (Read 11650 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Under the Alien Stars-Target Located
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2015, 03:46:52 pm »

Then he turns to Nick and thinks at him, Each cut in me with your scalpel is a cut in you with my axe.

"Those conditions are acceptable to me. Thank you for finally letting me get a look inside your head Hector! Would you like to go first, or second?"
"That was not acceptance, was threat on maniac life. Will not be touching my head unless wants to be bisected," Hector growls, whilst grunts and snaps just within hearing range punctuate his threat. I am clear now, yes?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2015, 03:50:51 pm »

Then he turns to Nick and thinks at him, Each cut in me with your scalpel is a cut in you with my axe.

"Those conditions are acceptable to me. Thank you for finally letting me get a look inside your head Hector! Would you like to go first, or second?"
"That was not acceptance, was threat on maniac life. Will not be touching my head unless wants to be bisected," Hector growls, whilst grunts and snaps just within hearing range punctuate his threat. I am clear now, yes?

"So...I can look inside your head right? Still acceptable."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2015, 05:05:30 pm »

*Nick Begins dissecting thread slowly*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2015, 09:18:17 am »

Am positive he-who-touches-clouds means He-who-cuts-heads-open, the doctor Nick, Hector says to Camilla.

Camilla frowns, a dramatic look on her face.

"I'm not sure. He phrased them as things we could offer in trade. What would the 'Obsessed one' have to offer him? I think there is a misunderstanding."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2015, 10:30:57 am »

Am positive he-who-touches-clouds means He-who-cuts-heads-open, the doctor Nick, Hector says to Camilla.

Camilla frowns, a dramatic look on her face.

"I'm not sure. He phrased them as things we could offer in trade. What would the 'Obsessed one' have to offer him? I think there is a misunderstanding."

"Who knows what he kept in that locked room? It must be valuable, whatever it is."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2015, 06:45:33 pm »

And who is knowing why you try to cut me open? Or are trying to open that door? Doctor, you are Obsessed One, I insist.

Hector thinks to Camilla again. You know, I am not knowing what Nick would do for their people. Perhaps we could give them Nick for the Song he is offering of.
The Cyan Menace

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2015, 08:57:17 am »

The Burned World
   He graciously accepts the trade, and than begins leading you down towards the swirling mass of oranges and reds of the planet's atmosphere.  The ship beeps a few times tentatively warning of re-entry, as Mac finishes packing the solars back away to protect them.  Within a few minutes you are hovering above the clouds of the planets atmosphere, the rippling mass rolls like a sea across the planets sky just below you.  Like great leviathans you can see movement inside the clouds, the crystalline dragons occasionally cresting the clouds though they pay you little attention.  Waiting till the air below you is clear, the ship angles downwards and plunges into the swirling vortex. 
   The ships systems go berserk as peels of lightening ripple and wash over it's metal skin nearly blinding you with their fury.  Great beasts begin to converge on your position as you pick up speed in an attempt to get out of the electrical storm.  With glowing hot armor, screeching warning sirens and a shaking that threatens to tear your teeth from your very skulls you pass through the clouds.  Sudden silence takes hold, interrupted only by the creaking of your cooling metal as the view of the alien world rises in the distance.
   As far as your eyes and scanners can reach the landscape is a desolate blackened place, illuminated only by flashes of lightening from the storms overhead.  Great glowing fungii that grow in fractal patterns float along on lazy air currents high above the burned worlds surface.  The surface itself is pocketed with craters of all sizes and inside the largest of them you can see what looks like small domes, among which tiny figures move.
   From He-Who-Touches-Clouds directions you come to hover over the large crater, and once there a few of the figures detach themselves from the quickly forming mod to float up towards your vessel.  They are similar to him in shape, though frequently far smaller in stature and as varied as possible in coloration.  He leaves through the airlock to converse with his fellows, the songs of which overwhelm the translator preventing you from listening in and their combined speech can be more felt than heard as myriads of harmonized notes rain over the ship.  After some time he returns to lead you down to land on a flat mesa at the edge of the crater, while the city grows quiet as they watch you touch down.

At this closer location, you can see that the domes are molded from a clay like substance and range in size from tiny room-sized balls filled with hundreds of minuscule holes up to 500 feet or taller imposing structures who's doorways range from human sized down to the mouse like holes on the smaller balls.  The structures material is grayish in nature, though most are painted in swirling patterns of different colors.  While their inhabitants include the four-armed winged creatures like He-Who-Touches-Clouds, heavy carapace beetle-ish beings that move about on eight legs and the smallest ones being tiny worm creatures with many segmented shells and hundreds of tiny legs on all sides of their bodies.  The only uniting factor between all of them is the presence of the crystal dust floating about their bodies though their usages of it vary; Whilst the winged ones use it to fly, the beetle creatures use it to manipulate objects in place of any actual arms and the worm beings appear to focus it into a sharp drilling edge allowing them to swim through the solid rocks at an incredible speed.

He-Who-Touches-Clouds returns to you through the airlock, and with a sweeping motion of his four arms says "Welcome to my homeland, The great hive of the Midlands.  I have told my people that you are most honored guests and while each and every one of them would like to meet with you, I requested their patience.  The obsessed one, who wishes to look inside everyone's heads may come with me to the statue gardens now if he likes, Father already agreed to what he would like and is interested himself in watching your examinations. Otherwise, do you have time to stay and if so how may I accommodate you?  If the cycles are lacking for your peoples we shall proceed to the hunt immediately however."
Nom nom nom

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Under the Alien Stars-Burned World
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2015, 12:07:25 pm »

Nick will be having a field day with this, Hector thinks to Resun. I am interested in finding out of the technology here, and saving of what is unused. Are you of joining me?

"I w-would be of seeing y-y-your machines for stu-study, and gathering flora of planet," he speaks, pointing around him and then at the fungi above.
The Cyan Menace

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »

Nick will be having a field day with this, Hector thinks to Resun. I am interested in finding out of the technology here, and saving of what is unused. Are you of joining me?

"I w-would be of seeing y-y-your machines for stu-study, and gathering flora of planet," he speaks, pointing around him and then at the fungi above.
"Sure, looks pretty interesting." Resun nodded, afterwards looking around with a appreciative whistle.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:41 am »

"Sure, looks pretty interesting." Resun nodded, afterwards looking around with a appreciative whistle.
   He-Who-Touches-Clouds designates one of the worm-like beings to be your guide, it introduces itself as 'Gravel-Maker' and moves off swimming through the ground, cresting above the dirt like a dolphin to guide your way.   Once inside the town itself, you can see people 'painting' various patterns in a metallic like substance on their carapaces and homes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which Resun slowly begins to recognize as circuitry on a city-wide scale.  You are blessed with watching it work first hand, as the energy storms overhead build to a crescendo and sent a bolt of rippling plasma crashing into one of the dome-houses.  The circuitry glows brightly and dissipates the extreme power throughout the city and it's residents.  Even inside your vac-suit you can feel your hair stand on end, though it ripples away slowly.
Nom nom nom

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2015, 10:20:47 am »

Resun watched with awe. After a moment of silence, he spoke up. "..Wow."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2015, 11:43:47 am »

Is impressive display. But what is purpose? Hector asks Resun. He hasn't quite realized what it is.
The Cyan Menace

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2015, 09:46:12 pm »

He pointed to the aliens painting the metallic substance on their homes. He spoke to Hector, "It's circuitry. It captures the power and distributes it, powering their homes.. It's.." He chuckled, smiling and shaking his head. "Ingenious, honestly." He watched the aliens paint the metallic substance for a moment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2015, 10:28:17 pm »

((Sorry it took so long to post! I was waiting to be in a pycho mood before writing something like this up  :P.))

"This civilization is heavenly! The Greatest cities of our race pale in comparison to this interesting wonderland these Specimens have put together! Look at the biodiversity! We could be here a thousand years and still find a new species every day! And they are intelligent and WILLING!I GET TO GO INSIDE ONE! I am the first being in existence to pick open the best kept secrets of this planet! Think of what I could learn! THE APPLICATIONS! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!"

In a fit of excitement, Nick throws a group of mostly-blank papers into the air as if they where confetti, reaching his arms out to the sky as if he wished to touch the clouds himself, while skipping in place and giggling like a school girl. A school girl who just revealed her plans for world domination to a captured spy. Almost as soon as they hit the ground, he bends down to their level, pulling out a single pen in each hand. He begins frantically applying them, starting sketches of almost random pieces of anatomy with both, before switching over to notes with one, leaving one drawing half finished as he immediately began a new one. In moments, the page is half-covered with even sketchier sketches and much-sloppier than usual notes, all the while the giggling continues. 

After this brief bout of mania,he reclaims his notes neatly as if nothing had happens.

"Lets meet this Specimen! Your Father sounds like a wonderful man. I can't wait to become antiquated with him! I really can't! PLEASE TAKE ME TOO HIM NOW!"

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]