Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Under the Alien Stars-Burned World  (Read 11648 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Under the Alien Stars-Target Located
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2015, 09:31:41 pm »

"Ah, seeing you fine Specimens always calms me down...Truly, even in dark times like this you are my Lights! Hector might even help me avoid situations like this in the future, if he would just let my Study him more..."
No. You know I am not of the studying.

"Perhaps the Other Specimen originated on his planet as well? Yes, that would be logical..."
If you are implying myself, I can be of assuring you unless this species can understand my native tongue, it is not of sharing roots with mine.

Hector pulls Nick aside and speaks out loud... in a screaching ultrasonic pitch that most of the ship's inhabitants can't hear, a series of grunts and pops. Once he finishes, he speaks in a more normalized tone. "<The doctor wants to know if we are related.> I am He-he-hector, it is a-a-a pleasure to meet ano-no-nother race with mandibles. I am of wondering if you are accepting of thought-talk.""
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2015, 09:56:35 pm »

"I was actually implying the Target Specimen. The one we came here to capture. Your biological systems are obviously originated in a different planet than this one, from what I can tell."

Nick then briefly shows the Noble Xenos the sketch of the Dragon thing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:58:50 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2015, 08:44:05 am »

I am He-he-hector, it is a-a-a pleasure to meet ano-no-nother race with mandibles. I am of wondering if you are accepting of thought-talk.""[/color]
  "-a chirrp that seems to be in an inquisitive tone of which the translator does not pick up- Well, I like to believe that I am of the more thoughtful of my species yes.  As for the mandibles, do you not sing as well with them?  Are our type how would you say... of a linage that is not common?"  You notice that it seems as though his thoughts and mind are too different from your own to allow you to communicate with him telepathically, it feels almost as though trying to shout against an orchestra in hopes that the players would hear you.

"I was actually implying the Target Specimen. The one we came here to capture. Your biological systems are obviously originated in a different planet than this one, from what I can tell."

Nick then briefly shows the Noble Xenos the sketch of the Dragon thing.
  He-Who-Touches-Clouds examines your sketches with a slight clicking sound as he looks over the various diagrams, "The internal art, have you met the horror before and become acquainted with it's innards?  As for our relation, the horrors and the crystals as legends go arrived at the same time that the clouds did.  According to our ancient stories there was a time when only those who burrowed deep beneath the earth survived as all would perish at the surface. Than one cycle it all changed as the surface darkened and cooled.  Once our people could look upwards without being blinded we saw the brilliant shining crystals glinting near the clouds as the horrors danced among them.  In turn we learned to sing so that the horrors would not strike us, and from them we were taught how to dance beneath the clouds." he recites this lore with a sort of glazed expression to his face, as though it was more a real memory as opposed to a story one would tell a child.  From your close perspective to him, it almost seems as though the crystalline dust lining his gossamer wings dances to the tale whilst an undercurrent to his own voice gives it a musical twist.

((for moving on to the planet, simply vote as to when you'd like to change scenery, I am always tentative about forcing a movement on parties.  Also, flying dice can arrive immediately from one of the cryopods, assume yours was simply malfunctioning and took a longer time to thaw you out.))
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2015, 12:05:08 pm »

Action: Meanwhile, Camilla makes sure to run some basic diagnostics to make sure the little fellow did bring any hostile pathogens or radiation aboard.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2015, 02:41:40 pm »

"No, m-my people do not have a u-use for the singing, we are warriors. I wo-would speak to you through thoughts alo-lo-lone, far more co-comfortable for me, bu-but I am not knowing of your language and yo-your mind is too busy for me."

Hector thumps the handle of his axe on the floor.

I am impatient for the going, he remarks to the team, And while this new species is interesting, it is only a matter of time before they consider us criminals too.
The Cyan Menace

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »

"Criminals? I doubt they know the word. We're certainly not committing any crimes against them-if anything, we removing a potential threat. This species is our key to finding the Crystal Dragon. We have to negotiate with them if we want to find some who will help us catch a specimen." Camilla remarked.

She paused from waving various instruments over He-Who-Touches-Clouds and spoke to him.

"Indeed, we would like to enlist your peoples help and we will gladly pay for it. We have much to barter-advanced technology, information, star charts..." Camilla said enticingly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2015, 02:54:33 pm »

"Not yet, thought I would love to become acquainted with this Specimen's insides! An interesting story that probably has a lot of truth in it...It is wonderful that your Species was able to pass down history from so long ago! It would be great to...pick your brain some more later. This is an interesting place we have found ourselves in!"

Nick then turns from Specimen A to Hector.

"Are you having trouble communicating with them? Hmmm...If you let me, I bet I could install a translator into your brain. Might be a bit bulky. And I will have to cut some things out. Nothing important. And I would have a look at everything while I am in there...."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2015, 03:01:18 pm »

No, vocalizing to the ship systems is not big problem, can vocalize to our guest.

Hector tilts his axe in Nick's direction.

Whole brain is important, doctor. Would not like you to cut anything out.
The Cyan Menace

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2015, 03:06:01 pm »

"Well we won't know that until I run some tests...Can I just run some tests?"

Nick then pulls out an older-looking sketch of Hector, writing the words "Whole brain may or may not be important" as a note.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:16 pm »

Resun turned on his mic, chipping in. "I'm gonna agree with Hector, I'm up for going down whenever."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:59 pm »

"Been ready for a while..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2015, 09:57:13 am »

Action: Meanwhile, Camilla makes sure to run some basic diagnostics to make sure the little fellow did bring any hostile pathogens or radiation aboard.
+
"Criminals? I doubt they know the word. We're certainly not committing any crimes against them-if anything, we removing a potential threat. This species is our key to finding the Crystal Dragon. We have to negotiate with them if we want to find some who will help us catch a specimen." Camilla remarked.

She paused from waving various instruments over He-Who-Touches-Clouds and spoke to him.

"Indeed, we would like to enlist your peoples help and we will gladly pay for it. We have much to barter-advanced technology, information, star charts..." Camilla said enticingly.

Your scanners start beeping slowly to show that there is a mild level of radiation coming from his body though no more so than you would expect from someone who has been in the vacuum of space for any length of time. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Swapping modes on the scanner, you start looking for any microbial or dust contaminants only to have the scanner screen go blank.  It seems that his exo-suit at the least is beyond sterile, it is self cleaning to the point of preventing any ambient space dust from settling on it.  This is when you notice that his singing, even when it's to the point of inaudible still continues to cause his carapace to vibrate at a high frequency seemingly preventing anything but the crystalline dust from settling on it.
     He-Who-Touches-Clouds watches you with fascination as you scan him from head to toe.  For a moment he doesn't even register what you are offering for trade before responding with, "We don't normally require any sort of trade, I would not have mentioned the smaller ones had I not been willing to attempt the song of capture.  However maybe as gift you could give us written view of the workings of metal nest?  If not, than trade perhaps for what the obsessed one's desires are?  Will have to ask father if he would mind sharing his worldly body though if gifts in turn are large enough he would not mind."
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2015, 10:22:36 am »

"The first one is a good trade." Camilla says, agreeably enough. "I'm not sure who you mean by 'Obsessed One', though...

Anyway, the scan shows you are probably cleaner than any of us. It should be safe to remove our helmets."
She says, doing just that, before going to a nearby console. Camilla wanted to hear the beautiful music more clearly, as well.

Action: Camilla obtains a printout of the ship's schematics and various important components to trade, for his help capturing the crystal dragon. Ready for the next scene!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2015, 03:23:59 pm »

Am positive he-who-touches-clouds means He-who-cuts-heads-open, the doctor Nick, Hector says to Camilla.

Then he turns to Nick and thinks at him, Each cut in me with your scalpel is a cut in you with my axe.
The Cyan Menace

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

Am positive he-who-touches-clouds means He-who-cuts-heads-open, the doctor Nick, Hector says to Camilla.

Then he turns to Nick and thinks at him, Each cut in me with your scalpel is a cut in you with my axe.

"Those conditions are acceptable to me. Thank you for finally letting me get a look inside your head Hector! Would you like to go first, or second?"

"We don't normally require any sort of trade, I would not have mentioned the smaller ones had I not been willing to attempt the song of capture.  However maybe as gift you could give us written view of the workings of metal nest?  If not, than trade perhaps for what the obsessed one's desires are?  Will have to ask father if he would mind sharing his worldly body though if gifts in turn are large enough he would not mind."

((That is so sad  :'())

"Oh, don't worry, that guy obsessed with killing aliens won't bother anyone anymore. I think something...malfunctioned with his stasis. He won't be getting up any time soon...Anyway, Old Nick would love to see Specimen such as yourself join us in the Stars! I should be able to rework some of the designs to fit your species better...Assuming I can get a few corpses from the early failed tests..."

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12