Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]  (Read 8590 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

(This is just to write the stone bugs in, normal update tomorrow)

Stone Bugs: Your species has inhabited the central caverns for millenia, and at some spots the population is so dense that entire walls are covered with them. Lately, your prey has been growing bigger and bigger, feeding on the population of Ironside Krill above the caves. Your species has not grown with them, so whilst there is more and bigger prey, they are having trouble consuming them.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2015, 04:09:06 pm »

Stonebugs

Everything was evolving faster then the stonebugs could handle, getting bigger and bigger. But they had a plan. Large groups of stone bugs start dive bombing prey at fast speeds using their water thrusters. They are using their dive bombing techniques to separate prey from their body parts, making them easier to eat.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2015, 05:05:00 pm »

-wingeds-
nothing of note
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2015, 06:36:18 pm »

In the dim light of the undersea, shifting silver masses above brilliant coral flitted about, casually being devoured here and there.  Every now and again, tiny iron balls, no bigger than a ball bearing, would seem to spontaneously form in mid-water and then crash into the coral, scattering some, but not all of the predators.  Then, as a particularly large filter feeder moved in to consume the silvery swarms, a cascade of balls formed above it, but this time linked by thin, silvery wire.  The weighted net fell...

Krill: As the shrapnel cascade starts to form, condense 'wires' of linked Krill between them, essentially turning the falling shrapnel into a weighted iron net.  Drive large predators down into the razor-sharp coral.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2015, 06:46:41 pm »

((Is the coral sharp, though?))

((Moreover, couldn't they just eat the wires? Or the balls, for that matter, once they figured it out/adapted?))

((this would really just exasperate the speed problem))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

((Lots of corals are sharp. The predators could eat them, if there wasn't like 3 billion of them driving them down onto knives.))
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2015, 06:56:43 pm »

I'm just saying: turn mouth up; enjoy free meal.

Plus, with how much they've been getting eaten, how many of them are there, really?

Plus, wires are by nature almost entirely surface area. They don't have much weight to them. Underwater, that's a bit of an issue.

How strong are the links between the krill anyway? If they're getting dragged down with any speed, I would think they would be broken on impacting anything decently dense. Like a fish. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2015, 07:09:25 pm »

(I was imagining more like bolas or a ball and chain. And since they're dense enough to shatter stone already I was thinking that nets wouldn't be much if a stretch. I guess it all depends on numbers. With enough krill, they could just latch on and force something bigger down. It's just a numbers game at this point.))
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »

((It's not just density, it's size. The larger the ball the faster it's going to go, since the speed is dependent on volume, but water resistance is dependent on area.))

((If it's literally just 'try to have more mass than the predator who's probably designed to go quickly underwater, and can eat you in the meantime', you're gonna have a difficult time of it.

Besides the predators with shells who won't be bothered by the coral))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2015, 08:42:52 pm »

Quitions
Start forming packs that go out to hunt Inatati,and move them out of our territory.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2015, 11:13:22 am »

Seadain:

Population growth grew rapidly with the development of glands. However, besides the small colonies of Seadain living externally of hosts, most within hosts (even shared hosts) lived separately. That was time to change.

The Seadain will now live in a local area within a host capable of supporting more than one. They are still mindful of their feeding however to not cause damage. Typically this area is near the nervous system (if present), where the secretion of chemicals will be more efficient and quickly received.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2015, 11:33:28 am »

Hosts were travelling, moving and climbing on the edges of the trench. While the cold currently posed no danger, it would only be a matter of time before hosts carried their second skins to less hospitable climates.

Mard colonies will begin acting as a layer of insulation, trapping hosts' body heat and keeping out the cold. This should provide increased cold resistance to both the Mard colonies and their hosts.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2015, 07:17:36 am »

Bumpty
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2015, 06:57:06 pm »

Spoiler: The Bosi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:16:29 pm by Ama »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2015, 07:05:15 pm »

I'm not sure giants should start in the reefs. Reefs are kinda delicate and have a tenancy to be sharp.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11