Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dark Streets: A Dark Dawn  (Read 4629 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Dark Streets: A Dark Dawn
« on: July 25, 2015, 12:45:32 am »

The sun sets over the port of Blackwater and a new age begins. A single green moon illuminates the docks tonight. Its eerie glow illuminates the creatures which stalk these dark streets. Many a new face has arrived in Blackwater recently. The tides of power are shifting and many a beast noticed it. They all know what this means. The waters will run red and the streets will darken. The monsters lurk in the dark. Perhaps some will rise, perhaps some will fall, to Blackwater, its nothing but the tide.

The city itself is split up into cardinal directions.

North Blackwater houses dwarven town and the mining district. Many a shop can be found here as well. It is the most heavily warded area of Blackwater. As a result, most monsterous residences are here as well.

West Blackwater contains the druid parks and the magus academy. The higher end wizardry shops can all be found here. Mostly elves and sorcerers live here.

South Blackwater is known as the the chum slums. This area is run down, and lawless. The prison can be found here as can Hell's Hole. Rumor has it that a thieves guild operates out of this quarter.

East Blackwater is the docks. The entire quadrant is either floating or suspended above the water. This area is devoted to seamanship of all sorts.

Central Blackwater is the human district. It is actually quite large, and houses at least half of the non-magical residents of Blackwater. Still, many a monster live among the humans.

Two other areas of note are the dark forest. It houses a great many wild monsters that shouldn't be tampered with. It is to the northwest.
And the dead sea. A particular rock pass that raises ghosts of all sorts. It can be seen from the docks.

Alex Raman
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alexander the Black Son

Aduial

Katherine

Man-Shark

Avery

Gonil Godsborn

Victor Silverio

In addition to your holdings, every player has 500c (coin).

There is one law of the land, don't let humans know you exist. Beyond that, there is no law. Will you rise and fall like the tide? Will the seas run red? Will the sky fill with smoke? Will the walls ooze green slime? Only time will tell.

OOC:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:38:26 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Streets: A Dark Dawn
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:30:25 am »

A letter arrives at the estate of Gonil Godsborn, from Lady Aduial

: "Hello, friend dwarf! I am Aduial of the Moriquendi. I see that you have an iron mine. I have no interest in iron, but I do have a use for large quantities of stone. Which, as owner of an iron mine that presumably requires tunnels, I'm guessing you probably have a whole lot of, in massive, ponderous piles of the stuff that you have little use for. I would be interested in the purchase and transport of some of your stone from your stone piles to my holdings in the west. Perhaps enough to build a small keep."

"Unfortunately, with the market not having yet been opened, at the moment I have no idea what anything is worth so it's a bit difficult to come up with an equitable offer. However, I am interested. Would you be interested in sending me some stone?"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:58:11 am »

A letter arrives at the estate of Gonil Godsborn, from Lady Aduial

Godil takes the dispatch on the way out of his door. He frowns in consternation, before penning a short reply and leaving for the chums.
He also pens a quick order to the foreman of the mines, to attempt to squeeze a little stone out of it. He then hails a carriage and heads for the chums. Hopefully some fool thieves will provide adequate fodder for Godil to get some training on.
Of course, if their ill-gotten gains are to be liberated in the name of Vortas The Light Which Banishes, then as an upstanding clergyman it would be his solemn duty.

A reply quickly arrives to Lady Aduial

:
Stone, yes. But we are an iron mine.
For quarried stone with which you'd build a keep, we cannot supply yet.
I will task miners to begin cutting away excess stone with more care,
but if it impacts upon our earnings of iron, you shall have to pay the excess.
In the meantime you are welcome to buy our pile of rocky refuse for cheap.
Mayhaps you have some spell with which to bind it together.
Yrs. Godil Godsborn
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:00:48 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 07:23:26 am »

((PTW, Action once spell list is PMed and Market is up))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 07:32:22 am »

Alex would look at the buildings, the dock. He would inhale the smell of the sea water and the open air. He knew that while he would need to get more money than from his lumber mill, he would need more of his bonded to be with him. He would Send out his warrior with 250 coin to the East, to collect more werepyers.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 08:43:07 am »

Us lunatics would scour southern Blackwater, looking for more of our kind. We'd also begin to sell out cuts of "special meat" to the public. Besides, you are what you eat, right? Begin by sending a sample to the Dwarven District.
To the Orc Lunatic
"eh there! *Smiles a wide, toothy grin* How was work? It's nice being free, dontya think? Love the fresh air, and food is literally everywhere! This is gonna be great, friend, ya know?!"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:08:45 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 04:28:11 pm »

Alexander is in the Church of the Sun, current only the green light given from the moon illuminates the church, kneeling as he prays "Denjali, bless this holy man as he is about to tread in dark waters, may your light pierce the darkness.  May it be my guide revealing the creatures of sin so that I may strike it with righteous fury! Blessed is Humanity, those whom stand in Denjali radiance!" Alexander exclaims now raises to face the others who are hidden in the darkness. "The purification begins!"  Alexander raises "Now go forth! With Denjali blessing!"the others leave without a trace. ((Going to Pm their action))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:29:05 am by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »

After a temporary disturbance caused by an escaped gribbleback dragon, the market has mostly reopened.

(All prices will change every few weeks due to game mechanics. They may also change abruptly if there is a balance issue.)

Raw Materials: (units are not a set size, but are about a truckload. There will likely be some fanangling here.)
Iron Ore- 300c
Stone- 100c
Wood- 100-200c (depends on type)

Spell reagents:
Minor:5-25c
Lesser: 25-50c
Common: 50-100c
Uncommon: 100-175c
Rare: 175-250c
Special: Varies
(Reagents are only required on some spells. Normal power spells likely cost no reagents, but high power spells may. Powerful spells most likely will.)

Blacksmith:
1 handed weapon: 50-75c
2 handed weapong: 75-150c
Chain armor: 125-200c
Plate armor: 150-350c
Crossbow Bolts- 2-3c
(Prices vary based on size needed)

Food:
Food comes out of your net income automatically. Blood too.

Leatherworker/bowman:
Bow/ crossbow: 50-150c (size and material may change costs)
Arrows: 2-3c
Leather armor: 50-125c

Units: (may be slight variations depending on the race employed)
Warrior: 375c
Wizard: 500c
Druid: 450c
Sorcerer: 550c

Other units don't really advertise on the main market. You'll have to look for those.

Real estate:
All 1000+ (I'm going to observe the first couple rounds of buying and selling before I price these.)

Specific services can also be bought. Placing an add (its a free action) is the best way to locate a specific spell or action or whatever. But, once again, you're going to have to do some digging to find some unit types. 

Special services may occasionally appear on the market. As will discounts or sales. In addition, animals of all sorts (mundane and magical) can also be bought. Place an add for these.

If there is something not covered here, let me know and I will price it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:41:29 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 03:21:17 am »

Victor arrives at his rather spartan home in Blackwater's central district and, with the help of his warrior, removes the heavier parts of his armor and rests for a couple of hours.
His thoughts drift to the sights he saw as he entered the city. There is a lot of gold to be made here, that's plain to see, but he also had an odd feeling at the same time. As if the city was off somehow. It wasn't a completely bad feeling, however, as it added to the lucrative and dark allure of the city that drew him to it in the first place. Before he got too into his thoughts he realized that he had to start looking for work. He pulls out some parchment and with a careful hand begins to write out some simple posters advertising his small mercenary group.

Spoiler: The Poster (click to show/hide)

He stamps the bottoms of the parchments with the eagle sigil, and hands them to his warrior. After Victor puts his plate armor back on, he commands the warrior to post the advertisements around the district, while Victor himself goes to visit his blacksmith. He tells the master smith to put aside some of his best one-handed swords for personal use. He returns to his home to await for either news or clients and spends most of his time training or sparring with his warrior.     
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:35:31 am by armach »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 07:55:30 am »

Katherine has her wizard cast Mage Light in the mine, as opposed to using possibly dangerous fire. She does not yet have anything else to do, other than sell the ore that comes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 09:43:28 am »

Avery looks out one of the windows in his shop, the people passing by. He wondered if any of them needed justice. He turned back to the two pentagrams chalked up on the floor, the candles made of rare materials. He stepped into the larger pentagram and began lighting the candles. And when he was done  He began to chant the holy words, summoning the servant of Vashna. Magical lights danced to the beat of the chant, the energy in the room electrifying, he felt every hair raise, every nerve stand at alert, the candles flickered and turned to a sickly green, and a mist filled the room, he raised the amulet, anchoring Vashna's servant to this plane, and waited for the mist to clear.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 03:14:05 pm »

Victor searches through a business directory in search for a iron supplier who could keep his blacksmith stocked with raw material. It wasn't too hard of a search as he found a suitable candidate rather quickly, a woman by the name of Katherine Dalius. He writes up a simple and flexible contract and places it in a secure pocket. He informs his warrior that he will be heading out for a while and that he's in charge until he gets back. Victor makes his way to Dalius' home and knocks on her door.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 03:15:17 pm »

She answers it very quickly. "Yes?"
Sigtext!

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 03:26:05 pm »

"I'm Victor Silverio, captain of a local mercenary group named Black Talon. I'm aware that you own an iron mine in the northern district, I'm here to offer you a business contract. Would you be interested?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

Mercenary group. Bad for peace... but I need connections, before anything.

"Come inside." she says, leading him to the dining room. "What do you have in mind?" she says, sitting down and motioning for him to do the same.
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5