Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dark Streets: A Dark Dawn  (Read 4627 times)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Streets: A Dark Dawn
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 03:36:25 pm »

He takes the seat with a quick thanks and continues his pitch. "Well, I currently own a blacksmith and I need a regular supply of iron, however I have always found markets to be too... fickle for my tastes. My offer is to buy your iron at a stable but discounted price in exchange for my group's services."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »

Services? Hm. Favors or protection for the mine sound nice.

She seems to think over it for a second. "Very well. I've been to the market today, and most sellers go for 300c. Perhaps 150c per unit? A 50% discount is much more than most sellers will give you."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »

"That's perfect." He fills in the information into the contract. "And as for the duration of the contract?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

"Hm. I do not know. Any ideas?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 04:03:31 pm »

"Well, a month would be ample time to see if you are satisfied with our service. We could discuss further arrangements after."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

"A month it is then." Katherine says, looking over the contract.
Sigtext!

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 04:25:51 pm »

"Excellent." He fills in the remaining information and hands the contract to her.

Spoiler: The Contract (click to show/hide)

"All that's left is your signature or seal."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »

"Hm. Seeing as it's not in the contract, I assume that this does not bind me to sell exclusively to you, correct?"
Sigtext!

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 04:29:20 pm »

"No, just that that's the price that's agreed per unit."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 04:31:17 pm »

"Right then. I see no issue with this contract."

Katherine puts her signature on the contract. "A pleasure doing business."
Sigtext!

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 04:44:05 pm »

"The pleasure was all mine. I'll send you a signed copy later today. The contract is effective immediately so whenever you want our services, feel free to come by or send a letter. Or you could just advise me now, since I'm here."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »

"Nothing at the moment, thank you."
Sigtext!

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 04:48:54 pm »

He excuses himself and returns to his home.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 09:19:38 pm »

Adiual

* Put an ad out to recruit an elven spell caster of any discipline with the Create Small Construct spell
 * Offer 50c to Gonil Godspeed for a large load of loose cobblestone from his mining refuse pile.  Doesn't need to be quarried, smoothed blocks. Randomly shaped head-sized stones is fine.
 * My wizard is to engage in spell research, spell selection contingent upon your response to my PM about spells

* Price check for the following:
  * Construction mortar
  * Employment of an unremarkable but pretty human peasant girl who knows nothing about elves or magic
  * Setting up a low quality clothing store in town that doesn't need to make a profit
  * Setting up a goat ranch in some nook of the orchard, also that doesn't need to make a profit, it just needs to make goats

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 11:56:39 pm »

A letter arrives at the estate of Gonil Godsborn, from Lady Aduial

Godil takes the dispatch on the way out of his door. He frowns in consternation, before penning a short reply and leaving for the chums.
He also pens a quick order to the foreman of the mines, to attempt to squeeze a little stone out of it. He then hails a carriage and heads for the chums. Hopefully some fool thieves will provide adequate fodder for Godil to get some training on.
Of course, if their ill-gotten gains are to be liberated in the name of Vortas The Light Which Banishes, then as an upstanding clergyman it would be his solemn duty.

A reply quickly arrives to Lady Aduial

:
Stone, yes. But we are an iron mine.
For quarried stone with which you'd build a keep, we cannot supply yet.
I will task miners to begin cutting away excess stone with more care,
but if it impacts upon our earnings of iron, you shall have to pay the excess.
In the meantime you are welcome to buy our pile of rocky refuse for cheap.
Mayhaps you have some spell with which to bind it together.
Yrs. Godil Godsborn

You wander around the Chums hoping to get mugged. You get eyed a few times, but it seems dwarven town and the Chums have had a few skirmishes before. No group is stupid enough to attempt to mug you. After doing this for a few days someone finally bites and attempts to attack you from behind. You clobber him and he is immediately still and dead. (Decreased relationships with general Chum Populace)

Alex would look at the buildings, the dock. He would inhale the smell of the sea water and the open air. He knew that while he would need to get more money than from his lumber mill, he would need more of his bonded to be with him. He would Send out his warrior with 250 coin to the East, to collect more werepyers.

Your warrior returns after a week. He found no WPs but did find a young were who aspires to become one. He thought he would bring him to you and see what you thought.

Us lunatics would scour southern Blackwater, looking for more of our kind. We'd also begin to sell out cuts of "special meat" to the public. Besides, you are what you eat, right? Begin by sending a sample to the Dwarven District.
To the Orc Lunatic
"eh there! *Smiles a wide, toothy grin* How was work? It's nice being free, dontya think? Love the fresh air, and food is literally everywhere! This is gonna be great, friend, ya know?!"

The sample to the dwarven district is returned and reeks of dwarf piss. It seems the Chums and the dwarves don't have the best relations. (Decreased relations with dwarven town)

Alexander is in the Church of the Sun, current only the green light given from the moon illuminates the church, kneeling as he prays "Denjali, bless this holy man as he is about to tread in dark waters, may your light pierce the darkness.  May it be my guide revealing the creatures of sin so that I may strike it with righteous fury! Blessed is Humanity, those whom stand in Denjali radiance!" Alexander exclaims now raises to face the others who are hidden in the darkness. "The purification begins!"  Alexander raises "Now go forth! With Denjali blessing!"the others leave without a trace. ((Going to Pm their action))

You assassin ventures out to find out whatever he can about this town. He reports to you his findings in secret.

Victor arrives at his rather spartan home in Blackwater's central district and, with the help of his warrior, removes the heavier parts of his armor and rests for a couple of hours.
His thoughts drift to the sights he saw as he entered the city. There is a lot of gold to be made here, that's plain to see, but he also had an odd feeling at the same time. As if the city was off somehow. It wasn't a completely bad feeling, however, as it added to the lucrative and dark allure of the city that drew him to it in the first place. Before he got too into his thoughts he realized that he had to start looking for work. He pulls out some parchment and with a careful hand begins to write out some simple posters advertising his small mercenary group.

Spoiler: The Poster (click to show/hide)

He stamps the bottoms of the parchments with the eagle sigil, and hands them to his warrior. After Victor puts his plate armor back on, he commands the warrior to post the advertisements around the district, while Victor himself goes to visit his blacksmith. He tells the master smith to put aside some of his best one-handed swords for personal use. He returns to his home to await for either news or clients and spends most of his time training or sparring with his warrior.   

Your man places the posters around central Blackwater. He finds he gets lost when he tries to enter north Blackwater for some reason. Its the strangest thing.

Katherine has her wizard cast Mage Light in the mine, as opposed to using possibly dangerous fire. She does not yet have anything else to do, other than sell the ore that comes.

Magelight eliminates the risk of fires in the mines and provides better illumination.

You strike up a contract.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/i]

Avery looks out one of the windows in his shop, the people passing by. He wondered if any of them needed justice. He turned back to the two pentagrams chalked up on the floor, the candles made of rare materials. He stepped into the larger pentagram and began lighting the candles. And when he was done  He began to chant the holy words, summoning the servant of Vashna. Magical lights danced to the beat of the chant, the energy in the room electrifying, he felt every hair raise, every nerve stand at alert, the candles flickered and turned to a sickly green, and a mist filled the room, he raised the amulet, anchoring Vashna's servant to this plane, and waited for the mist to clear.

A cold being appears. It seems to be an ice imp. It is trapped within the pentagrams and is ready to strike up a deal. (PM me if you want the deal to be secret)

Adiual

* Put an ad out to recruit an elven spell caster of any discipline with the Create Small Construct spell
 * Offer 50c to Gonil Godspeed for a large load of loose cobblestone from his mining refuse pile.  Doesn't need to be quarried, smoothed blocks. Randomly shaped head-sized stones is fine.
 * My wizard is to engage in spell research, spell selection contingent upon your response to my PM about spells

* Price check for the following:
  * Construction mortar
  * Employment of an unremarkable but pretty human peasant girl who knows nothing about elves or magic
  * Setting up a low quality clothing store in town that doesn't need to make a profit
  * Setting up a goat ranch in some nook of the orchard, also that doesn't need to make a profit, it just needs to make goats

You place an add, make an offer on stone, and your wizard begins spell research on [spell to be decided upon retroactively]. What a busy week.

The employment of a muggle (its just easier to call them that, thanks JRK) would likely run 10-15c a week depending on hours worked and jobs done and such.
A clothing store would likely cost about 1000c for the building and a few hundred coin for the starting supplies. A goat ranch can be build for the cost of 100c and 50c per goat. Mortar would be included in building costs and doesn't have to be bought separately.

With that the first week draws to a close. Your are beginning to settle into you new homes and are preparing to take over this town thinking you are going to like it here.

Week 2
There is a cold breeze in the air. The town is calm and still. Its eerie. This down is dangerous and dark, but this week it seems still and grey. You cant tell if this is a good sign, or a very very bad one.

(Still doing income math, everyone should be in the low hundreds though).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5