Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: On a Role to Die (A game of Death and Destruction)  (Read 8517 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On a Role to Die (A game of Death and Destruction)
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 04:54:14 pm »

I think this is the decoded message:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first word could be testing or setting, I'm not really sure.  I didn't figure out the pattern, I just tried unscrambling each word manually.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 05:08:12 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gateinestv mero itno efendsivse via andbithw etwonkr hmmun ash. raicualrpy itno pwmd pacciyt.

(IN MY OWN ENCRIPTION, SUCKERS!!!!))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 05:09:05 pm »

(I think your right.)

Prepare meaningful defenses
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2015, 05:20:58 pm »

The first word could be testing or setting, I'm not really sure.  I didn't figure out the pattern, I just tried unscrambling each word manually.

Congrats you solved the message. Just to show you the encrypting I did here is an example of a word with the steps I took.

Testing-> Tnstieg -> Snttieg -> Snttgei

Now back to the turn:
For an unknown reason you decided to land in a forest. You decide to play as Alphonso.

You are Alphonso:
You decide that you want to become combat ready so you craft a small fishing spear. (Because that is clearly a meaningful defense)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2015, 05:25:34 pm »

look for a place I can steal a fighter jet.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »

Congrats you solved the message. Just to show you the encrypting I did here is an example of a word with the steps I took.

Now back to the turn:
For an unknown reason you decided to land in a forest. You decide to play as Alphonso.

You are Alphonso:
You decide that you want to become combat ready so you craft a small fishing spear. (Because that is clearly a meaningful defense)

((What of my secret action?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 06:23:01 pm »

Now back to the turn:

You are Alphonso:

((What of my secret action?))

I am a GM who is decent at creating his own encryptions but horrible at de-crypting any encryptions when I don't have the key told to me for the given encrypted message.
Here is what I've decrypted so far from your message:

Investigate more into defensives via bandwith network hmman (human + mispelling ?) has. Raicualrpy into pwmd pacciyt.
The players can't do this action until I fully decrypt the rest of the message.

Until I do that I will go with other responses:
You decide your fishing spear isn't O.P. enough.
look for a place I can steal a fighter jet.
(Not that you know how to fly one)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:28:01 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2015, 06:44:00 pm »

Pudgey can teach me!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: On a Role to Die: The Madness Continues Edition
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »

Pudgey can teach me!
Seems Legit...

You stumble across a secret army base. (It has an airfield by the way)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2015, 07:12:35 pm »

Go to it, and attempting to channel my inner conman, tell them that I am a government agent, and that plan-36572 "Nuclear war and alien invasion at the same time" and that they are to report to Seattle, and according to the plan all aircraft are to be left behind.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2015, 07:16:17 pm »

Go to it, and attempting to channel my inner conman, tell them that I am a government agent, and that plan-36572 "Nuclear war and alien invasion at the same time" and that they are to report to Seattle, and according to the plan all aircraft are to be left behind.

You roll a 5. It worked. I can't believe it worked. It shouldn't have worked. How...?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2015, 07:18:07 pm »

Maybe it was too absurd to be false?

Nunzillor

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 12:05:57 am »

Pudgey: Using experience from WW2, teach Alphonso how to fly a fighter jet.  Then, find one with bird-controls, take off, and do some awesome aerial tricks.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 05:50:16 am »

Maybe it was too absurd to be false?
Good point.

Pudgey: Using experience from WW2, teach Alphonso how to fly a fighter jet.  Then, find one with bird-controls, take off, and do some awesome aerial tricks.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 06:15:15 am »

After pudgy teaches me how to fly, I shall take, one at a time, the planes back to our base location. I shall then begin building a runway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6