Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159161 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1921 Design
« Reply #1035 on: July 31, 2015, 07:53:59 pm »

I think that would be a revision, since thats what building roads/railroads are.

Also, dident Sensei say that we can still use boats for logistics in the plains, and that we just cant base ships there?

Yeah, but unless you can convince him that that's somehow a revision, we'll have to design a boat :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 31, 2015, 07:55:27 pm »

Like I said, unless something new got thrown at us I think it may be time for a boat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 31, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »

Hey guys! Poking in since I'm writing at least part of the report now. You're SAVING your expense credit, right? I meant to say, yeah you can do that.

Building a bay is not a revision project, it is a terraforming project. You are unlikely to successfully research terraforming equipment before about year 2100 or so. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 31, 2015, 08:06:47 pm »

Nope, I believe that the consensus is that we will use it for cheap smg's.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 31, 2015, 08:10:50 pm »

So, I was thinking should nothing go wrong with whatever we design, we should definitely focus on logistics in some fashion. I say we revise our train network to push further into the plains.
Actually, we're trying to push further into the Desert. We have 100% full control of the Plains and we're now on our way to Moskurg proper.

Begin production of AS-MV19-ALs, AS-M17As, and anti-aircraft 1910s.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT:
Nope, I believe that the consensus is that we will use it for cheap smg's.
The consensus has indeed switched back to using the Expense credit for cheap SMGs.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:10:54 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 01, 2015, 12:56:25 am »

We could make some dedicated construction vehicles to help turn out more ore from the plains and support more expensive designs and less expensive armored cars.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 01, 2015, 01:00:37 am »

Faster trains means that troops, food, and ammo gets to the front lines more quickly. This could be rather important considering we're close to attacking Moskurg in their home turf. They'll be fighting far away from home.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 01, 2015, 01:11:22 am »

We really should have made those armored cars inexpensive as a stop gap until we get more ore.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 01, 2015, 01:14:50 am »

Hey guys! Poking in since I'm writing at least part of the report now. You're SAVING your expense credit, right? I meant to say, yeah you can do that.

We got tired of -  "SMG is wunderwaffe make it cheap" thing every damned turn and decided to give Andres what he wants, even if saving credit could be rather useful for future very expensive\national effort things.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 01, 2015, 03:27:39 am »

I am going to not have a computer for most of the day.
Maybe somebody else could write something about our great qualities that make us suited to the league?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 01, 2015, 04:02:12 am »

no time to write properly but... we are going to host a small fair of arstotkan science, culture and industry. In the opening ceremony there will be plane acrobatics, motorbike shows  and a showcase of the new vehicle. ( plus a normal parade)

Inside much space will be dedicated to our industrial achievements ( for exampple a room with the details of our SMG, the first ever fielded in large numbers, and trains and mining equipment, things like that) and to our department of mineralogy. Being a nation with abundant mineral resources, we have a stirking collections of minerals of all kinds, including some big and exceptionally beautiful geodes. talk about possible exchange with their own museums.

Now I must leave compputer. if you approve, post in the main thread, posssibly after streamlining a bit. emphasis on minerals and I suggest on our aluminium industry ( a full aluminium armored vehicle is no small feat I think)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1922 Design
« Reply #1046 on: August 01, 2015, 04:13:59 am »

I think were mistaken about what expensive means. Not Expensive doesnt always mean every soldiers has one, it means we have as many as we could possibly need. So for something like a heavy tank, it'd be enough to equip all our armored corps, but not to give each soldiers one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 01, 2015, 04:22:34 am »

An American company is looking for a weapon suitable for civilian big game hunting in South America and Africa. Must be powerful, man-portable, accurate and have the option for single or semiautomatic fire. They are offering one Expense Credit. See what I did there? I got you all hooked on expense credits, and now only one of you gets one.

This thing is pretty much made for the Moskburgians. I don't think there's any point in trying to get it.

An Experimental Allied U-Boat has sunk near Forenia, as an espionage action you might attempt to investigate it for a Design Credit. Sharks are a hazard. Having a domestically made watercraft will grant a bonus.

This is bad. It's a major advantage for the Moskurgians, with their 2 spies.

Spoiler: AS-1922-CC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:32:02 am by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 01, 2015, 04:28:22 am »

An American company is looking for a weapon suitable for civilian big game hunting in South America and Africa. Must be powerful, man-portable, accurate and have the option for single or semiautomatic fire. They are offering one Expense Credit. See what I did there? I got you all hooked on expense credits, and now only one of you gets one.

This thing is pretty much made for the Moskburgians. I don't think there's any point in trying to get it.

An Experimental Allied U-Boat has sunk near Forenia, as an espionage action you might attempt to investigate it for a Design Credit. Sharks are a hazard. Having a domestically made watercraft will grant a bonus.

This is bad. It's a major advantage for the Moskurgians, with their 2 spies.

Didn't they loose a spy?

Also, I think we settled the question of cheap SMGs. Brumbleys outrange oyr SMgs, and without our motorcycle support we'd have not made any real headway in the jungle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:31:26 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 01, 2015, 04:28:45 am »

It comes back.

Don't forget our armor support. The enemy has no armour piercing shells, so I'm pretty sure it can dodge frontal glancing shots.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:32:51 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 217