Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159277 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1921 Design
« Reply #975 on: July 31, 2015, 02:20:31 pm »

Also, should we spy on the Brits? It seems a bit risky...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 31, 2015, 02:23:38 pm »

Yeah, for numbers we have motorbikes.

Let Andres' dream come true (for one turn)

Spend Expense on the SMG

Funny how game mechanics will make those SMGs disappear next turn
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 31, 2015, 02:24:55 pm »

Yeah, for numbers we have motorbikes.

Let Andres' dream come true (for one turn)

Spend Expense on the SMG

Actually, I'm wondering if we can save the credit...or does it go away if we don't spend it this turn?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 31, 2015, 02:27:47 pm »

True enough, saving it can help us in the future when we'll have something very expensive to use.

Save credit if we can, if not then give a SMG to every damned soldier
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 31, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

You won't have enough ammo, cleaning/maintenance/replacement parts, and of course some guns are lost in battle. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 31, 2015, 02:30:07 pm »

True enough, saving it can help us in the future when we'll have something very expensive to use.

Save credit if we can, if not then give a SMG to every damned soldier
+1. Also, Recall our T15s to the rear lines. They're not much more useful than semi-mobile artillery now, so no use throwing them into the fight. In fact, I'd just go ahead and obsolete them...
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 31, 2015, 02:32:34 pm »

Why obsolete them? They fill a niche as mobile artillery that the armored car doesn't fill just yet.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 31, 2015, 02:33:41 pm »

Fine, keep them around, but they are rear line tanks.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 31, 2015, 02:38:13 pm »

It sounds like they are effectively our only way to make progress against trenches, that seems like a bad idea to me.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 31, 2015, 02:39:48 pm »

It sounds like they are effectively our only way to make progress against trenches, that seems like a bad idea to me.

Unless something bad happens and we get pushed out of the desert completely, we're not going to be dealing with threnches for the foreseeable future :P

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 31, 2015, 02:46:53 pm »

Good point, I suppose.  Still, I'm somewhat concerned our armored cars wont be adequate to assail fortified positions in general, even if trenches aren't really doable in the current theatres.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 31, 2015, 02:47:58 pm »

Our armored car is actually significantly faster and stronger than the tank, and the armament, which worse, doesn't matter as our autocannon can kill anything they put against it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:19 pm »

Good point, I suppose.  Still, I'm somewhat concerned our armored cars wont be adequate to assail fortified positions in general, even if trenches aren't really doable in the current theatres.

Not much we can do about that at the moment, since the t15s are slow as balls and armored with wet paper-getting them close enough to bombard a fortified position would be quite the feat.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:37 pm »

haven't had time to write anything big or good, but I wrote something about the latest espionage incident that tries to paint them in a bad light and references the league of nations.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

of course, if we get caught spying on them it would be embarassing. What do you think? I'll see what else I can write... I was thinking about something in the style of a scientific publication arguing on the inferiority of Moskurg race ( we are in the '20s, time of scientific racism and eugenics!) but it would take a lot of time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:17:25 pm by andrea »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 31, 2015, 02:52:15 pm »

I would like a AA gun to keep them out of the plains and mountains, alternatively we could go for a two seater biplane, with low cal machine guns in front, and an auto-cannon for the observer?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 217