Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159344 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1921 Design
« Reply #960 on: July 31, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »

I count three each. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 31, 2015, 01:34:00 pm »

There are two ways to wage war. Focus on our strong sides or mitigate weaknesses. I prefer the first one. Oh, ninjad by the GM :( Good rolls, please.

3.5>3 here...

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 31, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »

I think he's including Andres' vote for the poriginal model, and since the AL is the exact same thing, just with aluminum armor.. :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 31, 2015, 01:48:03 pm »

I think he's including Andres' vote for the poriginal model, and since the AL is the exact same thing, just with aluminum armor.. :P
Yeah, that's the idea, I don't think I saw Andres decrying the AL version anywhere.

AS-MV21:The MV21 is an armoured car build specifically for Jungle use. It runs on a petrol engine and has hydropneumatic suspension for increased speed, better terrain traversal, and a more stable shooting platform. It has an man-operated turret where a belt-fed AC18 with AP rounds can be mounted, though a 1910 can be mounted there instead. The passenger side has a 1910 mounted on it. The armour in the front should be enough to stop 7.76mm AP rounds, the armour on the sides should be enough to stop .30 cal rounds, and the armour in the rear should be enough to stop .35 cal pistol rounds.

AS-MV21-AL:Same as above, but made out of aluminum and with full aluminum armor, thick enough to stop .60cal bullets.

AS-MV21-AL: This is an armoured car, designed to be maneuverable in tight quarters and offroad. The frame, armor and engine block are all built from aluminium for reduced weight. It sits on four big tires, the rear ones shrouded by armor, on hydropneumatic suspension. It is powered by a V-6 motor, which gets it up to 70 KPH on a good road. Its shape is tight and rectangular around the crew cabin, which holds only a driver and gunner, to minimize the quantity of armor needed. The engine is in the rear, and includes the lightest (thin) armor in the slats over the radiator. The front armor is medium and most of the armor is light. A belt-fed AS-AC18 gun fires from the top of car, with the gunner's hatch open. The gunner hatch acts as armor to each side when open, but the gunner is still somewhat exposed compared to a tank turret. The car costs 4 ore and 2 oil.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 31, 2015, 01:51:49 pm »

Huh, doesn't sound like there's too much wrong with that! Sure, the gunner's a little exposed, but I can't complain with that roll :P

Now for revision: I say we either strengthen our motorbikes with aluminum, or we make one last revision to our airplanes to tide them over until next turn, when we design a much, much better plane.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 31, 2015, 01:52:11 pm »

If we go blitzkrieg, then I suggest to emulate Gudarian's concept of light and heavy vehicles ( It was Panzer I + Panzer II at first. PZ II and PZ III later, IRL, but we start earlier and ours are even lighter)

Revise motorbike, reinforce its frame, improve all terrain mobility, create four versions of sidecar - 20mm armed anti-tank (20 mm autocannon), anti-air (AS-10, possibly paired), artillery support (mortar) and one for bringing supplies
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 31, 2015, 01:53:33 pm »

If we go blitzkrieg, then I suggest to emulate Gudarian's concept of light and heavy vehicles ( It was Panzer I + Panzer II at first. PZ II and PZ III later, IRL, but we start earlier and ours are even lighter)

Revise motorbike, reinforce its frame, improve all terrain mobility, create four versions of sidecar - 20mm armed anti-tank (20 mm autocannon), anti-air (AS-10, possibly paired), artillery support (mortar) and one for bringing supplies

Oh hey, that sounds pretyt cool. +1 from me!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 31, 2015, 01:55:04 pm »

+1 to motorbike revise.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 31, 2015, 02:06:20 pm »

ISn't that too ambitious?

Also, where do we use the Expense Credit?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2015, 02:08:16 pm »

ISn't that too ambitious?

Also, where do we use the Expense Credit?

Cranking out as many armored cars, of course!

And hey, after that insane roll with the armored car, I think we can take a little risk :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 31, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

+1 motorbikes

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 31, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »

AS-M17A: Using experience from previous structural disasters, the M17 motorcycle is easily redesigned to stop falling apart. The 20mm Autocannon is deemed a bit too large to easily operate in a sidecar, as is the idea for a twin AS-1910 setup. A variant with the AS-1910 capable of aiming at air targets is built, however.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 31, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »

With our 3 ore the car is expensive, right?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 31, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »

With our 3 ore the car is expensive, right?
It is. Note however, that making it inexpensive won't do us any good.

It doesn't matter how many different types you have, as you'll still only be making a total number of guns enough to equip everyone.
So, making our vehicle inexpensive will merely allow it to replace our massive Steam tanks and motorcycles. It won't mean we'll suddenly have more of them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 31, 2015, 02:20:06 pm »

Uh, yes it does?

Alternatively, cheap SMG to push back in the jungles?

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 217