Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159321 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1921 Design
« Reply #945 on: July 31, 2015, 10:35:00 am »

Yes, but Quantity has it's limits.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 31, 2015, 10:38:43 am »

Since I'm not sure which to choose, let me propose this:

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tahu16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 31, 2015, 10:40:04 am »

Here is my proposal:

Spoiler: AS-T21 light tank (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:42:29 am by tahu16 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 31, 2015, 10:43:04 am »

Since I'm not sure which to choose, let me propose this:

That's similar to my idea, but I though of going for two MGs centerline mounted to an interruptor gear, as well as two wing-mounted AC18s. Might hurt agility a bit, but can't argue with the firepower-and in any case, monoplanes tend to be much faster than biplanes, so if nothing else we can use boom-and-zoom tactics(use our speed to outclimb them then dive on them)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 31, 2015, 10:45:40 am »

I will support the aluminum based armored car as well, if it turns out expensive due to ore need, we can redesign the truck we have to be aluminum and carry construction equipment for a logistics bonus.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 31, 2015, 10:49:28 am »

They only have wood-and-canvas plane so far. We have enough firepower to rip them to shred.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 31, 2015, 10:52:25 am »

If no towed AA\AT gun, then....

I prefer quality to quantity, we can always revise vehicle to dumb it down. I see potential  airmobile vehicle here in future. Finally we get even more aluminium experience before doing full aluminium monoplane. 

But I really like Sheb's offer because our alluminum industry gives us huge advantage in the skies and focusing on it will let us win everything but jungles

+ to AS-F1921 Air Superiority Fighter. 

+1 to using aluminium armored car if armored car will win
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 31, 2015, 11:02:01 am »

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:04:54 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 31, 2015, 11:03:31 am »

To clarify, I don't vote for armored car, i vote to be a tiebrieker should opinion divide between alluminium and normal armored car.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 31, 2015, 11:04:39 am »

To clarify, I don't vote for armored car, i vote to be a tiebrieker should opinion divide between alluminium and normal armored car.
Ah

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1920 Production
« Reply #955 on: July 31, 2015, 11:29:10 am »

Oy, whoever compiled the suggestions, you missed these
Some ideas for next turn because I may have no internet for two days

Designs

Spoiler: AS-LMG-21 (click to show/hide)
Goal: Start pushing in mountains, get lighter machinegun to supplement 20mm in airforce

Spoiler: AS-AAAT-21-80 (click to show/hide)
Goal = yet another defensive weapon to hold plains

Spoiler: A22 (click to show/hide)
To use Expense for (should we win) and bomb their resources out of them
And this. Which is the main reason why I am iffed by people suggesting extra, near identical, armored cars.
And, beating the rush to submit near identical vehicular designs, the
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 31, 2015, 01:23:55 pm »

I asked the GM about the costs of RHA. He confirmed my idea that RHA wouldn't inherently cost more ore, although it may make the design complex.

I think I am going to vote for the air superiority fighter. we seem to have the opportunity to win in the sky, and we should do so. If we keep air superiority, we might be able to disrupt their armor and supply lines ( our ground attack aircraft can destroy them easily)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 31, 2015, 01:26:52 pm »

I asked the GM about the costs of RHA. He confirmed my idea that RHA wouldn't inherently cost more ore, although it may make the design complex.

I think I am going to vote for the air superiority fighter. we seem to have the opportunity to win in the sky, and we should do so. If we keep air superiority, we might be able to disrupt their armor and supply lines ( our ground attack aircraft can destroy them easily)

We don't need a fighter this turn, we have the skies for now. What we really need is a ground vehicle that doesn't suck(and believe be, our current "tank" sucks balls)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 31, 2015, 01:29:07 pm »

I disagree, with their trains under attack they're bound to do something about our air. AA artillery maybe, or just revise their (superior) plane to be cheaper.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 31, 2015, 01:29:52 pm »

It looks like votes are (marginally) in favor of the AS-MV21-AL. I'm posting it now because if the popular vote changes while I'm writing I'll cry. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 217