Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 158985 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1916 Design
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2015, 08:08:52 am »

Conditional votes like that are rather gamey :)

I vote for ASMC-16 9mm submachinegun
We got the magazine tech, lets use it.

I think it is better to focus on our strengths. So far we have - small arms\artillery\steam engine.

Should we get no obvious faults in the SMG we need to  use revision to make 80mm guns more powerful to boost our tanks, even if it will leave a problem of armoured cars in jungles unsolved.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2015, 08:10:16 am »

We never did get around to designing a rifle grenade, did we?

Voting for the SMG
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2015, 08:19:46 am »

Point being, they probably have engines. Honestly, I dunno why you started talking about going after cars with planes.

As for going after cars with aircraft, you can go after them, its just a tad iffy sometimes. Also, where are you getting this "Cant field enough planes to deal with their numbers of cars" from. Depending on their tactics it all depends.
Ah, I thought when you mentioned "cars going around" you were talking about the armoured cars going around in the jungle. The planes would be Expensive (if not Very Expensive) from the complexity alone and the Oil requirement would increase its Expensiveness to Very Expensive (assuming it wasn't already). Moskurg's cars are Expensive at most.

We never did get around to designing a rifle grenade, did we?
We went with a tank instead. ;)

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: It looks like the tank's experience in the field completely got us the Vehicle Armour and Treads technology. Huzzah!

Phone High Command and recommend trading some designs to the Europeans for weapon designs and funding (to be used to fund more research facilities, preferably.) Designs the weapons research team recommends to trade away are: AS-T15, AS-1911 8cm Mortar, AS-1910 Mag, and AS-1911 8cm Mortar. Recommended designs to get are hand grenades, rifle grenades, shotguns, and sniper rifles. Utmost caution must be taken to ensure Moskurg does not pretend to be the Europeans or steals our designs when we're transferring them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:27:50 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2015, 08:23:13 am »

We had plans for some before then. I think they where passed over for a carbine?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2015, 08:29:05 am »

We had plans for some before then. I think they where passed over for a carbine?
I think we passed over a grenade launcher for it, but the rifle grenade was new. Standalone, hand-held grenade launchers weren't used until the 60's in any case.

(I edited my last post with something important if you want to read it.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2015, 09:06:32 am »

Present our 1910 variants to Antegria.

Three reasons for this. First of all, the trade deal lasts until 1920 which is 2 years after WWI originally ended. A bad standing with the Allies wouldn't be that relevant then. Second, it's better for us to have that Oil than Moskurg, even if we don't plan to use it. Third, giving the Central Powers a boost means Germany won't lose as hard, meaning they won't get destroyed in the peace that comes afterwards, meaning Hitler won't get as much support as he did IRL.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2015, 10:48:50 am »

Phone High Command and recommend trading some designs to the Europeans for weapon designs and funding (to be used to fund more research facilities, preferably.) Designs the weapons research team recommends to trade away are: AS-T15, AS-1911 8cm Mortar, AS-1910 Mag, and AS-1911 8cm Mortar. Recommended designs to get are hand grenades, rifle grenades, shotguns, and sniper rifles. Utmost caution must be taken to ensure Moskurg does not pretend to be the Europeans or steals our designs when we're transferring them.
+1

I vote for ASMC-16 9mm submachinegun
+1

Recuit glorious Arstotzkan women to from mighty Valkyrie battalion.
we must show the twisted degenerate Moskurgs the beauty of Arstotzka's fierce and noble women.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2015, 11:18:44 am »

Votes :

Accept the oil for Machine gun deal, by offering the AS-1910 and it's variant. To be honest, if the Moskurgians decide to bid we will probably loose, though we might be lucky.

I vote for the ASMC-16 9 mm submachine gun, but I suggest that we innovate a little bit more by also developing alternative 9mm ammunition, utilizing a hollow point bullet, which should greatly increase the stopping power and muzzle velocity, while reducing the weight.

Edit: What are we going to do in the revision. I propose we finally finish the hydropneumatic suspension, which would allow our artillery to fire 12 accurate rounds per second rather than just firing wherever. This would allow us to effectively deploy rolling artillery barrages, pushing the enemy back.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:20:51 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2015, 11:34:50 am »

Upgrading 80mm field gun is necessary to try to push through plains before our one-time use tank becomes obsolete.  + finishing hydropneumatic suspension will allow us to field a larger gun later.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2015, 01:57:16 pm »

Votes :

Accept the oil for Machine gun deal, by offering the AS-1910 and it's variant. To be honest, if the Moskurgians decide to bid we will probably loose, though we might be lucky.

I vote for the ASMC-16 9 mm submachine gun, but I suggest that we innovate a little bit more by also developing alternative 9mm ammunition, utilizing a hollow point bullet, which should greatly increase the stopping power and muzzle velocity, while reducing the weight.

Edit: What are we going to do in the revision. I propose we finally finish the hydropneumatic suspension, which would allow our artillery to fire 12 accurate rounds per second rather than just firing wherever. This would allow us to effectively deploy rolling artillery barrages, pushing the enemy back.

I vote for all this +1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2015, 01:59:43 pm »

-1 to complicating design action with  second design. Hollow points bullets should be designed later

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:38:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »

-1 to complicating design action with  second design. Hollow points bullets should be designed later
In general, actually adding features seems not to detoriate a design. If the rolls are bad, they simply not happen and we switch to the existing rounds.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2015, 03:34:15 pm »

Why don't we use one of the existing Arstrotzka Flag design as a base?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2015, 04:34:33 pm »

Why don't we use one of the existing Arstrotzka Flag design as a base?

Because apparently submitting a previously existing thing (the Youtube videos) might not count. To be honest, this is kinda fair as Moskurg doesn't have any media to take stuff on while Arstotzka does (Papers, Please). Still, the game Arstotzka's flag has inspired me and I've created two more variants.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2015, 04:35:43 pm »

I dont think we should be choosing sides in the war yet.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 217