Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game  (Read 16242 times)

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 01:11:00 am »

Did... did someone make Platinum bins? o.o Was that just to increase the fortress wealth or are you guys crazy?

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007, 08:53:00 am »

Nah, they're silver.  :)

14th Felsite

I've ordered construction of a new room - my future tomb. I'll admit to ye that it's a tad... extravagant, but this will be the only memory of my rule when I kick th' bucket.

16th Felsite

Word is one of me animal trainers has been actin' like all sorts o' word lately. Refuses to talk wit' anyone. I think I know what's goin' on, and I'll be keepin' a close eye on her.

Alright, she rushed inta a craftsdwarve's workshop, took a turtle shell, and began wokin' on somethin'.

24th Felsite

After several days o' diligent work, she comes out of the workshop with Eliksaramakim Fubeg, "The Single Great Brilliances of Stuttering" a turtle shell chain. It's pretty damn beautiful, if I do say so meself.

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

Glad to see this isn't falling into abandonment like the other two (I really wanted to see what'd happen in the second game where I partitioned the forts). Good work so far, Gaulgath; I don't think we have any wood, though, so making beds is going to be a bit tricky.

We have a bar overload because I set the smelters to make bars nonstop, but the metalworkers were a lot slower in their efforts. I did make a number of silver and bronze bins and barrels.

Also, I really, really hope the metalsmith that got washed down the pit wasn't one of the legendaries...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2007, 08:18:00 pm »

Actually, we have a little more wood now that a few towercaps have grown. The carpenters were just busy doing other things. (like hauling)

And my succession game isn't dead yet!

[ August 24, 2007: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »

20th Hematite, Early Summer

So far so good! Me tomb's done:

And the human guild representitive has arrived and is already having a meeting with me an' th' Broker, Tun Abandzuden. Th' humans are willing to pay a hefty price fer war hammers and axes. And with dwarven craftsmanship, who can blame 'em? Me an' Tun decide to order large stocks of ale from 'em. It's not dwarven, but it'll provide us with barrels and a bit more to drink. Heh.

Two pesky kobold thieves were caught and killed by human caravan guards. Pesky bastards! All well, with the completion of me tomb, I start on a new project. The entrance to th' mountain has pretty much no defenses! To remedy this, I'll be placin' two rooms to the north n' south of it that'll be holdin' siege weapons an' fortifications fer my marksdwarves!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2007, 09:12:00 pm »

Thought it has only been three days i still ask you still there gaulgath?
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2007, 11:27:00 pm »

I have been thinking the same thing.  Just for politeness please let us know your still alive.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2007, 03:56:00 am »

[old-dwarf chatter] Back 'n my day tha hold would be dun and passed onto tha next dwarf by a day or so. Bah! All these young leaders take there bloody time. Nothing seems to be as efficient as it used to be.[/end old-dwarf chatter]

Hehe, sorry, had to post something. My friend plays the Dwarves from Warhammer Fantasy and the Longbeards are hilarious.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »

Sorry guys, I've been kind of busy with highscool starting. I'll be able to finish soon, I promise!

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2007, 06:01:00 pm »

11th Sandstone, Mid-Autumn                                            

After several failed attempts to make off with our precious children, five goblin thieves have been caught and killed. Shortly after, we got another wierdo... a weaver who's withdrawn from everyone. We'll be payin' close attention to this!

5th Timber, Late Autumn

Much against me orders, he goes ahead and takes our last piece of lumber! This better be a pretty damn impressive item.

10th Timber

I fear for Kadol. He's collected many items, but continues to sit in his workshop, sketching pictures of various things. I think he requires glass to work with... which isn't good. We don't even have a bloody ashery or glass smelter to use!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »

ouch i hope there is some tower-caps nearly ready   :(
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »

Station the Marksdwarves.... *sigh*

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »

Damnit. I lost all the things that I wrote when I accidentally hit the back button. All well. The weaver went insane and through himself in the river. Metalsmith went fey and got legendary.

So ends the reign of Gaul the Marksdwarf.

The Map

And of course my internet connection kicks the bucket so I can't upload. Damnit.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »

Yeah, finally updates.  Upload it whenever you can.  It is not like anyone has been waiting to play thier turn.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2007, 10:48:00 am »

Umm gaulgath unless you emailed that save some how to the next leader theres still no save file
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10