Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game  (Read 16247 times)

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »

Grrr... stupid family camping trips. Uploading now. Really sorry for the delay.
http://rapidshare.com/files/53165307/dficyheart1.rar.html

Good luck!

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2007, 09:38:00 pm »

Got the file, I will be aiming at doing my year quite soon.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2007, 09:49:00 pm »

It looks like you uploaded the wrong region from your saves folder.  Please check on it and let me know.
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »

Ouch, I feared that I had done that. I'll upload the other right now.
http://rapidshare.com/files/53419071/save.rar.html

I hope that's it.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2007, 03:01:00 pm »

Got the file and starting to tweak with it some.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »

I just had to be lounging about at the waterfall with the Mayor, when she decided to fire the last coodinator.  She immediately turn and tells me it is all my responsibility and I better get to work.

With a horrified shake of my head I run to get a drink.  To my dismay though there is none. Word hadn't spread through the fortress about the change in leadership, so the brewers just told me to drink from the river like everyone else. Pphhit, dwarves drinking water.  They got straightened out right quick.

My next shock came when I finally got the list of trade supplies from the broker. All of our meats were in bad shape and not in the least fit to eat.  I ordered the Oddom Febesesh to do something with them, and asked him why they were like that.  His statement of frost damage has led to order a new trade depot constructed inside.

I have only been on the job a whole 14 days and already I am thinking of throwing myself into the magma.  I don't know a seed from a plow, and all the farmers are yelling that we have to get the planting in.  The brewers scream that they have no barrels, and that crazy Mayor thinks we need backpacks for the soldiers.  Why oh why did I have to be at the waterfall that day?!

Finally some good news here at the 1 of Slate.  The miners at least know how to work.  All those that haven't lost thier picks that is. Well it isn't a bad thing, the metalsmiths are finally getting on task, and the farmers listened when I pointed and said, "Those things look like plants, HARVEST THEM!"

Tis a rough first month for me.  My life was much simpler when all I had to do was train new engravers.  Oddom is working wonders with that meat, and things are starting to work out.  Maybe I won't have to jump in the magma.  *Harumph* That crazy little bitch Mayor might even be suprised to find some backpacks made.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

It is only the 4th of Felsite and I fear that the Captain of the Guard may simply be ordered to throw me in the magma.  Even if he isn't I am most certainely ruined, and will never get those screams out of my head.

On the 12th of Slate a cave crocodile was spotted by on of our cats.  Soon the crocodile was chasing all of us around.  A brave craftsdwarf jumped in front of the evil creature and bought the others time to escape and summon the military.  He is lost to us forever at the bottom of the waterfall.  Oh Armok, I didn't even know his name.  Before the beast was put down we lost 2 of our farmers and a carpenter.  At least they could receive a slightly better burial. I am sure at some point the new Trade Minister will also tell me just how horrifying it is to approach a fortress with such screaming.  Right now he is just getting settled in his rooms.

Another of fine dwarves was so upset by the whole thing that he soon became a little wierd. After wandering for a few days he decided to take over the clothiers.

I am glad to say he pulled through today and was quite happy to show us a new hood.  I don't think I could have lived with losing another dwarf so soon.  The Mayor must have been crazy when she thought I was the right dwarf for this job.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2007, 01:53:00 am »

The summer has been quite uneventful, for which I most glad.  We got the new trade depot in place just before the season turned. The addition of another forge helped to push the barrel production well above our immediate needs.  

I think it is a waste of metals, but with all the complaints from the crafters I decided we may as well have more bins.  Guess I really don't know squat about that either, because it seems they are right.

The smelly humans managed to actually bring us some decent supplies.  I told the broker to negotiate for all thier beverages.  They may be inferior, but they are still tolerable and give us some variety.  When he asked about the meats I had to say wait and try to get a better price.  Even though that dumbass didn't think it was right he did it.  For which I am thankful.  It gave Oddom more time to sort through our bad meats before we restocked.
I am still haunted by the deaths of the spring, but the Mayor gave me some encouraging words.  She said, "They died as dwarves, don't mourn them...honour them."

Hah, first sensible words that ever came out of her mouth.  Of course she ruined all of it by adding that some pretty trinkets should be made as part of that honour.  Another bunch of crap that we just can't do while trying to make sure her face is stuffed with tasty helmets.  Oh well, at least I don't think she is about have me thrown in the magma.

I tried to take the good portion of her words to heart and ordered the miners to excavate an area.  Four chambers for the 4 that were lost.  Although they will share the chambers with others the will each be the honoured.  I hope the other engravers remember thier names.

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2007, 10:58:00 am »

Net of +611 drink in one season, congratulations!

Of course, I can't have any, due to being somewhere between alive and dead, but that doesn't matter, the fortress goes on.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2007, 03:55:00 pm »

It is good to see the fortress moving again and the alcohol flowing is always a good sign. Although, I am curious as to how well the military is doing.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2007, 11:49:00 pm »

Sorry no update today.  I had a very long work day and couldn't really get to it.  I personally think the military currently sucks, but I am not about to fix it.  Instead the next leader is going to have about 10 partially trained mechanics and 240 mecahnisms ready for installation.  If I get to it I will at least put some traps in the hallways so there is no repeat of the spring incident.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »

Autumn is supposed to be fun.  I used to delight in wandering outside during atumn and looking at all the colors of the world for inspiration in my engravings.  Now my life is filled with this blasted bleak landscape.  All there is outside is the mad howling of the winds and frequent blizzards.  I almost feel lost to my art of engraving, and the sorrows of this place does not make it any better.

A few kobolds and a goblin found our remote stronghold early in autumn.  Our dogs and soldiers rapidly dispatched them, but they were the harbringers of trouble.

Imediately after thier deaths one of our mechanics was stuck down with a fit of babbling and convulsing. After a few days of wandering babbling through the halls he picked out a mechanical shop and locked it while he wandered about grabbing things.  After a month of this strange behavior he emerged from the shop exhausted and holding an unsual mechanism.

I thought that was not a bad thing in life, and then sorrow struck.  A new group of immigrants arrived in midautumn, how any could make it through the blizzards is beyond me.  They said 50 had started out from the capital, but less then a score made it. I promptly checked through thier skills and ran a census of all of dwarves to find the newcomers proper jobs.  Almost immediately 2 mothers came and reported they could not find one of thier childs.  Having everyone look about every nook and cranny in the mountain did not help.  I can only figure the 2 wandered out and became lost in a blizzard.  How can we go on when such things aren't even noticed?

It makes all my other thoughts and efforts seem pale and worthless.  I had ordered drinks to be stocked along each major hallway, and new connecting passages made.  Working with the miners and architects a new grand dining area is being built. What is the point though?  All life seems to be destroyed in this place.  How am I to be inspired by death?

I am so tempted to order all the dwarves to stay inside and the main doors locked.  Many, though, like to look out acrossed the blasted ice; as though they see something beyond pain and misery.  Something more than the embrace of the Cold Mistress.  Maybe my inspiration for this year should be the hearts and strength of those dwarves.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2007, 10:37:00 am »

Aye lad, the hold can be a harsh mistress at times. But, ye gotta trudge on eh? We've already carved out a decently safe place within' this 'ere hell-hole and we should be thankful that so many o' us be still livin'. You done good for what'n you've had to deal with. Nobody can say ye done worse. Les try to get through this year and deal with our losses.

I say you done us Dwarves all a great favor, ye got the booze flowin' again! Hear-hear!

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2007, 10:43:00 am »

I posted this on page one on my post below the starting on, I will just stick it here as well since I cannot link directly to it as of my knowledge.

Former Leaders:
  • 1.) PresidentEvil
  • 2.) Tarrasque
  • 3.) Kylaer
  • 4.) Gaulgath
    Current Leader: Veroule
    Leaders to Be:
  • 1.) Short_dwarf
  • 2.) RPB
  • 3.) Metalax
  • 4.)Agony

Anyone want to give a short blurb how your dwarf leader ended his term or what-not? Or what you accomplished during your term\major events?

[ September 07, 2007: Message edited by: Tarrasque ]

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

President Evil: Founded fortress and established "the basics", reign cut tragically short by computer problems.

Also, if it's no problem, I'd like to take another turn, so put me down at the end of the list.

I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10