Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game  (Read 16246 times)

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »

Gaulgath: Recruited more souls into the military, equippped military, created defeses near entrance, and completed all noble-owned rooms. Reign ended after he passed in the crown to rejoin his marksdwarves.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2007, 02:23:00 am »

Former Leaders:
  • 1.) PresidentEvil
    Founded fortress and established "the basics", reign cut tragically short at mid-summer by computer problems.
  • 2.) Tarrasque
    Took over from where previous leader mid-summer and took the fortress through the winter. Saw to the basics of farming were established and the nessisities of dwarven life were fulfilled. Created the magma smelters and forges gifting the next leader with some metals to play with before passing the leadership onto the next one for a break.
  • 3.) Kylaer
  • 4.) Gaulgath
    Recruited more souls into the military, equippped military, created defeses near entrance, and completed all noble-owned rooms. Reign ended after he passed in the crown to rejoin his marksdwarves.
    Current Leader: Veroule
    Leaders to Be:
  • 1.) Short_dwarf
  • 2.) RPB
  • 3.) Metalax
  • 4.)Agony
  • 5.) President Evil

Alrighty, here is the last update I will post on these pages for a while. I will change stuff on the front page and say when I changed it. I will wait to see if anyone who hasn't had a full term wants to jump on the bandwagon after you President. Then I might jump back on the list.   :D

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2007, 01:39:00 am »

The grip of winter had begun, and I remained uninspired for how to engrave the new dining area.  Its mining was near completion and the masons assured me that the tables and chairs would be done soon yet as I looked out acrossed the blasted ice I saw nothing worth carving.

The Manager rudely brought me out of my reverie asking about traps and mining.  Why can't they understand I am an artist?  I was able to be rid of him with just a few vague statements, and returned to looking out at the raging blizzard.

I can see the beauty in this harsh place.  How the stark lack of life contrasts with the way in which the blizzard itself seems to be alive.  Always hungering for warm bodies that it may swallow.  Then a momentary twist of the wind showed me just how much life there was out there.

I jumped to action making those traps a priority, ordering the dwarves to gather the animals in and then stay in, demanding the military come to arms.  Soon our strength was to be tested.

Alone Vucar stood facing the horde, while I tried to help the mechanics get traps in place at the gate. His death bought us precious moments to get 3 of the traps ready.  Two nearby wardogs charged the goblins, and to my horror a stray bolt just missed me and hit Ezum in the leg as he worked on another trap.

I finally know what I should engrave in our dining room.  Images of dwarves standing valiantly in the face of danger.  Images that convey inspiration to others rather then images that express my inspiration.

----------------------------
Zuglar Sodelegdoth: I got his body and did find this journal.
Tarr: Dat fool wrote in the darn thing in the midst of war. Ya bury it with him, and right quick.

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2007, 02:19:00 am »

I believe that since the dwarf I chose to be representative of me within the fortress is dead I should pass the rule at this point.

It is currently the 27th of Moonstone, leaving a few months of winter yet.  As things stand there are a number of jobs queued with the manager, the mining to expand the tree farm is progressing rapidly, and the coffins are set.  2 of the dead were pets and the refuse pile is quite full so it might be best to chasm some stuff.  Some of the goblins are running, 1 or 2 are yet being killed so there may still be a few cancellations.

Booze production is set quite high, but because I didn't do any farming and instead focused on initial training in plant gathering you will find the helmet supply running low.  This shouldn't be an issue with the current population and other food stocks.  A small amount of micromanagement processing quarry bushes should supply plenty of food.

Also of note I turned off auto webs and auto loom, however one loom has a collect webs on all the time.  Just use the other to weave every once in a while.

Clothing seems to be an issue right now and a few dwarves are unhappy.  Be careful making clothes though as one dwarf got legendary through a mood and I never turned off the clothesmaker for him.

The smelter are set to continuous production of bronze right now.  I decided it was the best way to clean up a lot the ores choking the tree farm.  If you need workers freed up shutting down that production will rapidly make many dwarves available.  There should be plenty of bronze right now for weapons if you want to make weapon traps.

I think that is about all there is to report, so here is the link. http://rapidshare.com/files/54385152/save.zip.html

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2007, 02:52:00 am »

Ok got the save and will be working on it.
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2007, 09:08:00 am »

Sorry its taking awhile i had hoped to get the save last friday instead of sunday so im pretty busy but im still getting some of the fortress done i should have an update by tonight.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »

27th Moonstone

For the last five days things have been in turmoil. Ever since the goblins came. The military is still hunting down the remaining survivors of the goblin army. Worst of all we lost our leader. No one knows what must be done. Our so called "Mayor" has done nothing
except constantly demanding that we make rock crystal goods. The death of our leader put the fortress to a stand still. The entrance of the fortress was litered with bodies. The stench... was delightful.

2nd Opal

After the Mayor finally ended his mandate, though i believe he will find some helpless dwarf to punish, She decide to entrust me with roll of leader. She decided that the little dwarves that use to be leader couldnt handle such a position. So she entrusted me, The House of Ber, with the title Leader. But what do i know of being a leader? Most already think nobles or corrupted.
Most are right.

4th Opal

I made my first priority to see to to the buriel of the fallen dwarves. I saw that the buriel chamber it self was a bit too "plain" I had the masons carve out statues to place in it.

My next prioritty was to set up working stockpiles. This fortress is litered with stones and ore!

:D)

I soon found out that gaul had lost both a friend and pet because of the goblin raid.

13th Obsidian

He had it coming...

Though after the current dwarf crazy snaps, I believe things sould slow and calm down.

28th Obsidian

He finaly snapped. The fisherdwawrf who had thought he could becomee great and honored
went insane. He will either die from starvation/ dehydration, or he will throw himself
into the river where he will drown and become food for the fishes he so dearly tried to
catch. I personally think he will do the latter. How ironic it will the end of this
fisherdwarf's life will be. And i will be there to watch as his last breath leaves.

[ September 11, 2007: Message edited by: short_dwarf ]

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2007, 11:42:00 pm »

I'd like to add my name to the list of rulers please...

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2007, 04:18:00 am »

Okay, editted the list to include you Bricktop. I think you should give me legendary status in one of my skills so I can keep my room.   :D

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2007, 08:59:00 am »

Hmm ill see if i can... secretly though so my guy doesnt do so directly  :D

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

Damn! I'm harming the fortress I once did my best to protect!  :(

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by short_dwarf:
<STRONG>Hmm ill see if i can... secretly though so my guy doesnt do so directly   :D</STRONG>

Excellent, that should be an interesting little tale.   :D

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2007, 10:37:00 pm »

Just for those who are constantly checking at the moment for an update, I should have my next update by tomorrow night. It might not have as much pictures though as the last one. And also just so you know Tarr you got at least a few more seasons with your room. I dont plan to smelt coins. But we have four new nobles. Guess who   :D

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2007, 10:48:00 pm »

9th Granite

It finally happened. The insane fisherdwarf has died. Drowned to be exact.
Though where he drowned has no fishes. Best of all, none know I was involved.

10th Granite

There seemed to be a flaw in the bridge system for three have drowned in
the season flood. A farmer, miner, and a small kitten... No matter more
bodies to fill the empty tombs with. Though others may question my sanity.
I had more bridges readied.

15th Granite

Okirgedor.... Those treehuggers have arrived. No doubt bringing with them
more plants and cloth.

26th Granite

It seems a couple of fools have gotten themselves stuck while placing the
statues in my tomb. What idiots. I have also noticed an increased amount
work coming from Tarr... I wonder whats he trying to do. For now it matters
not. Those treehuggers come with naught but plants. Barely fit to brew into
alchohal it was. Still we needed it. Though more on purpose then accident
I suggested we traded some narrow leather clothing. How they looked at pity
when we offered it. Calling us gentle creatures... They will wish they have
not done so. I ordered them to take all their plants, no matter how pitiful
they were. I also told one dwarf to spit at their mules.

5th Slate

Though we have left the chasm in peace I have a sudden feeling that something
will come. They will creep out of the chasm with weapons in there teeth. They
will come in numbers in hope to take the fortress for themselves. But all they
will find is the ends of our traps. And the ends of our own weapons. I will no
abomination from the chasm to take this fortress.

13th Slate

How could this be... How could this be... SHE is her. How could SHE be here.
I made sure the craftsdwarves did little yet SHE is here. How could SHE be here??
Iden... Will she remember? I know she will. I will have to confront her. But not
today. I will have the rooms for her and the rest of the nobles ready as always.
I must also ensure the immigrants arrival. Then I will confront her.
She will never suspect... I will end it.

29th Felsite

It seems for all else it has been quite. Though I doubt for long.

(Oh no Im going to go to jail for 14 days now for violation of
productionorder. Injured Party: PresidentEvil. I have failed to
keep his demand of 3-5 photos per update. Bad me)

[ September 13, 2007: Message edited by: short_dwarf ]

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2007, 08:00:00 am »

You buffoon! You carpetbagger!!!

I'LL HAVE YOU HAMMERED FOR THIS!!!

I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10