Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230444 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1965 on: September 11, 2015, 06:04:03 am »

edit: forgot the most important, not negotiable part of the treaty: United forenia will use the metric system. Imperial measurements will be obsoleted.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 11, 2015, 06:04:26 am »

The flag of forenia will be a joint flag, with Arstotzka symbols being prominent.
All research plans of Moskurg will be preserved for the use of united forenia (no destroying!).
These seem fair.

edit: forgot the most important, not negotiable part of the treaty: United forenia will use the metric system. Imperial measurements will be obsoleted.
Except for pints of milk/beer, feet and inches for measuring people and miles for travel distance.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 11, 2015, 06:06:09 am »

more like, the Moskurg high command is exiled due to treason of united forenia. All moskurg citizens are given equal citizenship in the forenian nation. All soldiers will be allowed to go back to their families. The flag of forenia will be a joint flag, with Arstotzka symbols being prominent.
All research plans of Moskurg will be preserved for the use of united forenia (no destroying!).

1. There is no treason. Exile so we cannot stir up anything yes, but that is not treason.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
4. There is very little to argue on. Tigers and stars are very eye-catching symbols. We can do a Tudor Rose.
5. Agreed, definitely.
6. Rather say, both Imperial and Metric systems are to be used. All measurements in the future must be given in both units.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 11, 2015, 06:09:42 am »

1. There is no treason. Exile so we cannot stir up anything yes, but that is not treason.
For the record, you guys are the engineers, not High Command.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 11, 2015, 06:10:09 am »

pints may be used, but only inside bars, taverns, pubs and other similar commercial enterprises devoted to serving and readily consuming fluids.
Feet and inches may be used in common conversation, but all official documents will use meters. You are granted 10 years of double use (as in, both feet and meters are written) to get used. miles are unacceptable.

@evilcherry: 'We'? you aren't the high command. You are the research team. the high command is the bunch of military brass commanding this insurrection against Forenia. Also known as scapegoats for the whole mess, so that Arstotzka-forenia citizens are satisfied and stop demanding Moskurg blood. Of course calling it treason requires a bit of retroactive thinking and logical somersaults.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 11, 2015, 06:12:15 am »

-1 to any peace treaty that is not the unconditional surrender of Moskurg, ESPECIALLY if it doesn't result in the immediate, complete, and absolute abolishment of the imperial system of measurements.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 11, 2015, 06:13:10 am »

Yeah, we are just the engineers, why ARE we making a treaty? High command will never agree, unless we pull off a coup or something. WHICH WE COULD TOTALLY DO. We have all these prototype fancy weapons and all, and we all know High Command just loves screwing us over.

Edit: If you'll excuse me, I'll be hiding in a closet with a Tiger Infantry Armor and a Horsekiller while the secret police come after me.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 11, 2015, 06:14:02 am »

Bah, I think The Andres Proposal would work. Sign it between our two bands of engies and go kill the high commands of both side.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 11, 2015, 06:19:05 am »

And the secret state police comes murder you all in middle of preparations. THE END :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 11, 2015, 06:19:24 am »

Quote from: United Forenian Peace Treaty
  • Moskurg High Command is exiled from Forenia
  • All Prisoners of War are immediately released and assistance provided to return home
  • Members of both nations are now officially United Forenian Citizens
  • Moskurg and Arstotzka as no longer considered independent states, but constituent regions under the flag of United Forenia
  • All official measurements are hence forth to be in metric, with a ten year period of double use to ease transition
  • The only exception to part five is the legal sale of alcoholic beverages in licensed drinking establishments
  • The United Forenian Flag main theme is to be a single tiger and several stars (concept art pending)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 11, 2015, 06:20:23 am »

And the secret state police comes murder you all in middle of preparations. THE END :P
THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE! OR, PREFERABLY, WILL NEVER TAKE ME DEAD EITHER!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 11, 2015, 06:22:54 am »

I'll agree that we're pretty much done here since Moskurg can't really field anything worth a damn(unless they start making things out of wood :P). I gotta say, looking back I think what really clinched it for us was when we managed to take the plains and prevent you guys from kicking us out, while conversely we prevented you from being able to exploit the jungle that one time you actually managed to take it.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 11, 2015, 06:24:46 am »

Yeah, that was critical. The moment you had more resources, you could just field more resource-heavy stuff, and it wouldn't matter if our designs were better, because you had higher quantities of more expensive things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 11, 2015, 06:25:20 am »

I'll agree that we're pretty much done here since Moskurg can't really field anything worth a damn(unless they start making things out of wood :P). I gotta say, looking back I think what really clinched it for us was when we managed to take the plains and prevent you guys from kicking us out, while conversely we prevented you from being able to exploit the jungle that one time you actually managed to take it.
The craziest thing is that we actually had to argue in favour of both holding the Plains and kicking you out of the Jungle. There were some on our side saying it was unnecessary.

United Forenia flag:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Symbolism intentional.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:27:09 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:06 am »

what were the arguments used against both holding plains and kicking out of jungle? It has been so long I can't remember.

the time in which we were more threatened in the plains was when they had a tank I think, but I can't remember if that was also the time they took the jungle.

we solved that by tanks however, so I guess that isn't it. I suppose it is when we used the expense credit on SMG?
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 159