Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230216 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2015, 07:42:50 am »

Can I ask what Moskurg did during the Revise phase? I'm just a bit curious because it only seems like they used their Design phase.

I'm also wondering if the start of WWI is going to have any effect on Forenia. Maybe the great powers will be interested in glorious Arstotzkan mortar and armour? ;D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2015, 07:51:17 am »

Can I ask what Moskurg did during the Revise phase? I'm just a bit curious because it only seems like they used their Design phase.

I'm also wondering if the start of WWI is going to have any effect on Forenia. Maybe the great powers will be interested in glorious Arstotzkan mortar and armour? ;D

They attempted to lighten the stallion enough that it could be humped by a group of people instead of needing that ridiculous carriage(plus, you know, reducing its cost). They were...only partially successful really; they didn't really decrease the cost, and while it can be taken apart and carried by a squad, they'll be complaining about it. Hence designing a .30 cal machine gun rather than an undersized autocannon :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2015, 08:14:22 am »

Still not sure if it's allowed to look at the other country's thread. It seems kinda rude.

Are the Moskurgian revolvers .30 cal?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2015, 08:18:14 am »

-Five-Shooter: General infantry sidearm. A five-shot revolver firing large 30 caliber rounds. Single-action, with a lot of kick and trigger pull, means it has poor accuracy, but good killing power against infantry.

Looks like they are!  Also yes, probably shouldn't look at the enemy thread.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2015, 11:36:07 am »

Well I think past turns can always be talked about, but it's best to leave metaknowledge of the current turn out of the game.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2015, 12:00:10 pm »

PTW for important stuff.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2015, 01:02:02 pm »

I don't generally mind you guys reading the other thread, as long as you're not blatantly making non-espionage decisions based on enemy equipment that hasn't seen the field yet. It's part of the fun reading all the shenanigans on both teams, and I occasionally dispense rules clarifications in only one thread.

Also, if you want to see the full list of enemy weapons, they're in every battle report. I have, as people have noted before, sometimes failed to keep it perfectly updated, but it should serve as a list of what your soldiers are fighting against in the field.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2015, 03:13:24 pm »

Finally gonna PTW this. Plus, this means Sensei doesn't have to double post.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2015, 03:35:25 pm »

The Browning was a .60 cal so not exactly autocannons.

Thats 50cal. The only cannon worked on by Browning was the M4, and that was 37mm...

Also, fromwhat I remember about whats a cannon and whats not, anything up to and including 50cal is not a cannon, while anything over 50cal is.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:04 pm »

Weak and cowardly Asstotzkans are too afraid to use manly calibers.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2015, 03:39:10 pm »

* Aseaheru hands Elfeater a 80mm shell.

Manly enough for you?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2015, 03:56:09 pm »

I will build a rifle for our men to fire this round.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2015, 04:01:52 pm »

Moskurgians do have particularly thick skulls so they should make excellent ammunition.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2015, 04:30:19 pm »

In Europe, the first world war erupts. The allied and central powers seek alliance with smaller countries, but for now, Forenia goes largely unnoticed. It is possible that there may be opportunity for weapons export in the future, though.

1914 Battle Report

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moskurg's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arstotzka has made its first clumsy stabs at introducing a semiautomatic service rifle, but it leaves much to be desired. They've also modernized their steam trains. Moskurg has caught up with Arstotzka in the uniforms department (complete with unnecessarily glorious accessories) and also introduced the M2 Brumby, a revolutionary light machine gun. In addition to being light, it's also cheaper than their stallion.

The fighting in the plains continues as ever. The M2 Brumby is seen lining trenches, filling a similar role to Arstotzka's machine gun. Its enhanced mobility is enjoyed by the soldiers, but it's still heavy enough that it isn't normally part of charges or trench fighting. The AS-F14 is a versatile weapon, the Arstotzkans use it both in and out of the trenches, almost replacing their pistol entirely. It semi-automatic fire and small size mean that it works in trench fighting and charges. It's also better at intercepting charging soldiers compared to the Nosin. However, it usually needs to be cleaned before a full day of fighting is over, leading frustrated soldiers to pick up a Nosin instead. There are some attempts by Arstotzkans to use trains close to the battlefield, but while the trains are armored and unlikely to take a direct hit from artillery, the tracks are too frequently destroyed for trains to carry ammo directly to soldiers or act and moving machine gun emplacements. The fighting is a stalemate.

In the mountains, the M2 Brumby allows proactive Moskurg troops to lay ambushes with deadly efficiency. Moskurg retakes their mines. The Arstotzkans hold a defensive line not far from there, where they have already established AS-1910 nests.

In the muddy jungle, the Brumby and AS-F14 both suffer from the need for frequent maintenance. This leads to Arstotzkan troops continuing to rely on the Nosin, although the AS-F14 is useful in mid range encounters. The stalemate here continues, but only because of Arstotzka's established defensive positions- the Brumby grants a large advantage in a moving battle.

Moskurg now has 2 ore, 2 oil. Arstotzka has 3 ore, 1 oil. Both are exploiting their side of the mountains.

In the factory, large steam boilers have been replaced with electric motors. Paid vacations have been canceled to make budget.

1915 has begun.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:06:02 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2015, 04:36:20 pm »

Shouldn't we have Ore 3 now?

I mean, Moskburg got ore from their mines in the mountains without needing to build a road. Seems quite unfair that we need to spend another action and get a serious vulnerability for the exact same thing.

Especially since we've been blowing up their railroads for the last 3 turns, and they never needed to fix anything.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:51:06 pm by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 159