Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Claim the Power! The battle begins! (And ends)(7/6)  (Read 7544 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Many years ago, when mages were powerful and Razvoth, the most powerful of them, ruled the land of Sogroth, (those are not totally random names i swear) everything was peaceful: kids played together, people had fun at inns and you could even stop looking at your wallet for half a second without someone trying to steal it.

But these ages are gone. After years of peace, Urkvith, a power-hungry elf, started a magical war with his huge elven militia. Urkvith was defeated, but Sogroth's power was no longer the same. Many people and mages were dead, many structures ruined, and in that situation Sogroth was now food for goblins and other feral creatures.

And after this useless intro, that's where your adventure starts. You are a mage, one of the few ones, seeking the Labyrinth of Kaliah in search of the Gem of Power. It is said that this gems can give you ultimate power, giving you a +6 bonus to magical stuff!

This uses a d6

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic schools (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:51:40 am by conein »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! (Need some help over here)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:47:20 am »

I will now use this for characters.

Active characters
Spoiler: Vargos firebeetle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Julia Cartier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Avery Protagoniste (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Krug (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Aralim (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
Spoiler: Cloryl (click to show/hide)

Dead people

No one died yet. :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:08:30 am by conein »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Now in need of people (1/6)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 12:16:40 pm »

Your name: Hrdoghrandamaerloness Val Khaless
Appearance: A really short guy, with an ugly face, tiny legs and no facial hair.
Background: Would really like to get the Orb of Power to make himself a beutiful guy able to woo any woman.
Magic school: Illusion.
Spells: Blind. Invisibility. Charm.
Race: Elf.
Stats:
Strenght: 0
Dexterity: 0
Power: 3
Control: 2
Memory: 2
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 12:30:53 pm »

I think I am going to make a charsheet. How do you feel about people making up schools of magic?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:33:30 pm »

Actually, you can make up any spell related to your magic school. If you want to suggest some magic school, do it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:32 pm »

Your name: Vargos Firebeetle
Appearance and bio: A short, wrinkly, toothy green skinned goblin.  His perpetual smile shows off his hundreds of razor sharp teeth, and his barely controlled magical potential tends to have many of his burps spew small amounts of fire.  He wants the gem to become the ultimate pyre of fiery might.  That and because it's shiny... but mostly for the destructive potential.
Magic school:Destruction
Spells: Fireball, flight of Flame (unstable flight on jets of fire), Shatter burst (concussive explosion)
Race: Goblin (+1 power +1 dex, -1 strength -1 control)

Stats:

Dexterity: 2
Control: 0
Nom nom nom

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 01:00:58 pm »

Your name: Hrdoghrandamaerloness Val Khaless
Appearance: A really short guy, with an ugly face, tiny legs and no facial hair.
Background: Would really like to get the Orb of Power to make himself a beutiful guy able to woo any woman.
Magic school: Illusion.
Spells: Blind. Invisibility. Charm.
Race: Elf.
Stats:
Dexterity: 0
Control: 2
You are in.

Your name: Vargos Firebeetle
Appearance and bio: A short, wrinkly, toothy green skinned goblin.  His perpetual smile shows off his hundreds of razor sharp teeth, and his barely controlled magical potential tends to have many of his burps spew small amounts of fire.  He wants the gem to become the ultimate pyre of fiery might.  That and because it's shiny... but mostly for the destructive potential.
Magic school:Destruction
Spells: Fireball, flight of Flame (unstable flight on jets of fire), Shatter burst (concussive explosion)
Race: Goblin (+1 power +1 dex, -1 strength -1 control)

Stats:

Dexterity: 2
Control: 0
Ok, the goblin seems pretty good, i will add it. That super low control will cause explosions, maybe i will give the goblins a trait to resist it

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Now in need of people (3/6)
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 01:08:38 pm »

That was partially the intention with the dex mod, but yeah an additional trait might make my very short life ever so slightly longer.
Nom nom nom

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 01:24:23 pm »

I am done doing stuff so here are the schools I am suggesting:
Conjeration (not quite sure if I am spelling that right) also known as summonation or, in some cultures Aruetii is the art of summoning a creature or object from another plane of existence, and subjecting said creature to your will. According to mages who use this type of magic bending a creature you summon is just as hard, if not harder, then the summoning itself.

Objectional? (Still working on a name) magic is a form of magic where the user uses an item, usually a prized possession, to channel their magic through. The type of magic cast depends on the object's will itself rather then the casters, as the magic flowing through usually, though not always, grants the object sentience.

Sound good for types of magic?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 01:28:41 pm »

I am done doing stuff so here are the schools I am suggesting:
Conjeration (not quite sure if I am spelling that right) also known as summonation or, in some cultures Aruetii is the art of summoning a creature or object from another plane of existence, and subjecting said creature to your will. According to mages who use this type of magic bending a creature you summon is just as hard, if not harder, then the summoning itself.

Objectional? (Still working on a name) magic is a form of magic where the user uses an item, usually a prized possession, to channel their magic through. The type of magic cast depends on the object's will itself rather then the casters, as the magic flowing through usually, though not always, grants the object sentience.

Sound good for types of magic?
Conjuration is fine, but objectional...i don't quite like it.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 04:09:11 pm »

I'll see.
Would you guys like me to change destruction magic with elemental magic?
I will also change healing with divine magic, since it seems better.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:11:52 pm by conein »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 05:14:44 pm »

maybe destruction and a seperate elemental tree.  That way you can have applications of say fire that's not nessicarily destructive like forging arms/armor.
Nom nom nom

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »

Name: Avery Protagoniste.
Appearance: Avery is 6 feet tall. He has two small brownish red horns sticking out from a shock of brown hair. He has fair skin and blue eyes. He wears a utility coat (Many pockets) which he keeps covered most of the time with a red cloak. He also has a tail, looking like a cow's tail if it weren't the same color as the horns. He wears a backpack with several books inside of it.
Bio: Avery was born to two nobles, which for some reason neither showed signs of tiefling blood in their veins. When Avery started to show signs of being a tiefling his parents attempted to hide his horns and tail, to little success. When a tiefling merchant and his wife came into town, the couple heard rumors about the boy they managed to convince the nobles that the child needed tiefling parents to understand what he was going through, they allowed them to become his legal guardians. He is now 20 and is setting out to find the crystal to become a great mage.
Magic school:Conjuration
Spells: Summon demonic creature (summons a random demonic creature.), summon Markus, lord of conmen (Summons Markus, lord of cons, imps, coffee, and magic), summon sentient telepathic demonic blade, and summon skeletal fire imp.
Race:Tiefling (+1 power, +1 to conjuration however you can only summon demonic creatures or items, resistance to fire, -1 control, -1 to any spells or saves against anything holy, inability to step foot on holy ground do to demonic blood, and extreme weakness to frost.)
Stats:
Strength:0
Dexterity:0
Power:2
Control:2
Memory:3
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:13:38 am by Hiddenleafguy »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 01:25:26 am »

Hiddenleafguy, i am open to suggestions, but  that tiefling is too op, please change it.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 10:29:45 am »

I edited it a bit, one question though, what specifically is OP about the tiefling?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6