Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Claim the Power! The battle begins! (And ends)(7/6)  (Read 7542 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Now in need of people (3/6)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 11:05:22 am »

What I find strong is that the -1 to holy spell is not really a malus, but i guess I can accept a conjuration race. Watch out because I will change
something about it: It is not immune to fire but resistant, I removed the control malus, you can only summon demons. Just copy paste it from the first post

Also, if there are any volunteers, i may do a sample run just to see how it's going to be.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:13:22 am by conein »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Now in need of people (4/6)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:10 am »

I could be up for a sample run. Also just to make it even out perhaps it should be extreme resistance to fire?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 11:36:08 am »

Don't worry, you will have a decent bonus against fire. Now, let's try out mah skillz.

Sample turn one:

Avery Protagoniste
Avery Protagoniste, the tiefling, performs the ritual and finds himself in the labyrinth. On the right, he can see a (5) flat hallway made in metal, on his left (5) the same goddamn thing. Wow random.org, good start. Do your moves, Avery.

I think i will make monsters for all the different places and then i'll roll everytime to see what you get.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:31:59 pm by conein »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 12:20:13 pm »

Avery says "Well I am right handed. So I will go... Left" with that he walks, a bit slowly, to the left hall.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 12:47:28 pm »

Sample turn two:

Avery Protagoniste:

Avery says: "Well I am right handed. So I will go... Left" with that he walks, a bit slowly, to the left hall.
After looking around, Avery starts walking to the left. After a long, boring walk in the flat gray hallway, Avery sees a room not far away. From his position, he can see that waiting for him there is a (difficulty:2) mildly dangerous looking (2) lizardman. It looks pretty weird and ugly, his head is the one of a lizard, while the corpse is human.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:49:46 pm by conein »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 01:36:52 pm »

"Hello lizardman, I am going to destroy you and steal your home to use as a home base." Avery summons Markus lord of coffee. "Gae roa yger kiere"

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »

Sample turn three:

Avery Protagoniste

"Hello lizardman, I am going to destroy you and steal your home to use as a home base." Avery summons Markus lord of coffee. "Gae roa yger kiere"
Avery attempts to summon Markus, his powerful demon.
Power: (4+2+1-1=7)
Control: (2+1+1-1=3)
The spell is powerful and kinda controlled, and Markus, lord of coffee, is summoned from the oblivion. He will stay in this dimension for two turns.

The lizardman, scared by your summon, charges at (2) Markus!
(2+1)vs(5) Markus moves away, and now the lizardman is targetting Avery!!
(1+1) vs (1-1) One could think there is no way that lizarman could've hit, but Avery was so unaware, that it happened.
(Damage: 6!!!+1 lizard's strenght +1 Avery low strenght) It isn't Avery's lucky day. The lizardman's head goes through his stomach. Damnit.

(3 turns before bleedout, -1 to everything, lizardman stuck in your stomach)

Markus, seeing Avery's situation (2) does absolutely nothing. Good boy.

Spoiler: Markus, lord of coffee (click to show/hide)

So, tell me what you think about it. If I did something wrong i mean, i know you didn't want to get a lizardman in your stomach.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:59 pm »

Avery will shout "Do something Markus! By something I mean kill the lizardman with your coffee!" if this happens start one of my torches or similar item on fire.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 03:02:24 pm »

Sounds fun.
Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »

Sounds fun.
Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
Wow, this will be some good fun. Also, now we only need one player!

Sample turn 4:

Avery Protagoniste:
I will roll for who goes first from now on.
Lizard: (1)
Avery: (6)
Markus: (9)

Avery will shout "Do something Markus! By something I mean kill the lizardman with your coffee!" if this happens start one of my torches or similar item on fire.
Avery tells his demon to do something about all of this, and (4+1-2=3) Markus doesn't really know what to do...(Luck:9) but then he understands.

Markus attempts to use his coffee magic!
Power: (5+2=7!)
Control: (5-1=4)
And he summons a coffe!... No, just kidding. Very, very hot coffee comes out of Markus's hands and goes towards the stuck lizardman!
(5vs5-3 stuck in stomach) it hits. Avery is (5-1=4) unaffected.
(Damage: 4+2 very hot-1) the coffee spreads all over the lizardman, and he (Resist roll: 2) gets melted. He is now unconscious.

(2 turns until bleedout, lizardman stuck in stomach, -1 to everything)
And then Azer remembers he wanted to pull a torch out of his backpocket and light it up (Luck roll: 1) but that won't happen. You may want to pull a lizardman out of your stomach, or search the room for something that can help you. Or die. You can also try basic healing magic.

The pain is stinging (3) and Avery can't focus enough to keep Markus in this realm. Too bad.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:24:09 pm by conein »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Join now for free cookies! (5/6)
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 03:50:42 pm »

Wait how was I seeing before? Avery will pull the lizardman out of his stomach and use whatever was lighting up the room to light my torch and use the now lit torch to cauterize the wound.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:00:33 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 03:58:12 pm »

Wait how was I seeing before? Avery will pull the lizardman out of his stomach and use whatever was lighting up the room to light my torch and use the now lit torch to cauterize the wound.
Avery wonders how is it possible that he can see in this place without a torch. He then wonders why he didn't bring a torch in the first place. He supposes he can see thanks to a magical light in this labyrinth. Then he remembers about the lizardman in his stomach.

Will update tomorrow.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »

Reservar.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:50 am »

Well, since Hiddenleafguy didn't post an action and there are no other volunteers, i guess no sample turn.

Reservar.
What does this mean?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 07:12:18 am »

Oh yes, phone ran out batteries so I forgot here is my action:
Avery will summon his demonic sentient telepathic sword. If this succeeds he will attempt to enrage the blade, causing it to become hot enough to be able to cauterize my wound. I will then cauterize my wound using the blade.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6