Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53776 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »

I didn't mention this, but imagined all that going in some sort of backpack or something.
as for the gun- son, let me tell you about a little thing called the Second...

Alright.

You get a backpack and stuff everything inside it except for the gun, which you keep out, in plain view, in your hand.  You proceed to march out, down the hall, into the main thoroughfare and off to the train yard. You're not really familiar with anything there so you just hop on a train that looks like it's heading downward. 

How many stations you wanna ride it?

To the son
[glow=green2,300]"Okay, I must have misunderstood the situation here and your level of comfort with the authorities. Tell me more about who we would need to contact. How far up the food chain are they, and how high do your contacts presently go? Or, how high do your contacts - that I am authorized to know about - go? Do you think I would need to work with Vincent to set up a presentation for them? You may not have noticed, but he's better at that schmoozing stuff than I am.

Ah, yes, you said 'tailor it to be appealing to them.' This is why I wanted to check the political situation and whatnot. Tell me what the people you have in mind are interested in. Do we have racists we can encourage by suggesting some kind of ethnic exportation? Strict law types who want nothing better than career criminals dumped ...well, someplace like they will be dumped? Someone who wants to believe that criminal can be reformed through manual labor? Uh ... Wealthy socialites who want the unwashed masses 'out of sight, out of mind'?"

Are there places in the stacks where there is enough tension between the uppers and the criminals or the lower classes where they would be willing to round people up en masse and gift wrap them for us?

Of course, the faster the influx, the greater the need for a trained surgical team. Have we any contacts in hospitals or medical schools where we can get some discrete surgeons? Someone maybe with debts or ... perhaps someone who crossed the wrong party, and needs protection?"[/glow]

((I feel like most of my career is "ask the son a question." and maybe a little "tell them to do it." :P
"Hey, I've become an officer!" 8) ))

"Obviously if we are posing as a legitimate company that makes things different than if we are simply a group of weapon dealers. Once we set up a deep enough cover as a new shipping company in the area, we should be able to bring forth the idea without fear, though we would still be relatively unknown civilians, so getting it approved might be a long process.

It would be better instead to appeal to those who claim to be hard on crime. Targeting individuals with specific race, age, gender or lifestyle prejudices would limit our intake; there are only so many of any kind of man available. But any man might be a criminal. We could pitch the idea of cleaning up the lower levels, exporting criminals rather than imprisoning them. Far cheaper.  We can hire on legitimate doctors this way as well. Since it would be entirely above the table, so far as they know.

We should attempt to target the head of the Department of Criminal Affairs; either through legal economic and political methods or through illegal means. We may find it helpful to stir up trouble and increase the desire to export criminals and reduce crime. This would be simple enough, with the right interactions."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2015, 04:37:25 pm »

((I got left behind, didn't I?))

Gus exits the bathroom.

"...guys?"

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:45:45 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2015, 05:31:22 pm »

To the Son
I'm sure there are sufficient numbers of unliked ethnic or social groups for our needs. The UWMSS Auschwitz exported millions, targeting minorities and political rivals off the ruling magister of ... some colony. The name escapes me. But, that idea was more for individual preference if we had to deal with a variety of leaders - target their personal demons to win fervent support.

No matter, legitimate business and export of criminals sounds good enough to me. I assume you already have at least a bit of a shipping cover - you got us down here. We can expand on that, or, if you want to keep that part separate, we can create a new shipping company. What kinds of things should we focus on, for imports and exports? Livestock, pets, foodstuffs? Medical equipment? prison supplies?

Stirring up trouble sounds easy enough, but, like you said, let's establish our cover first. At least get our name known. We can start the trouble before we propose our solution, or we can propose the solution ahead of time, as a solution for the current situation.

What do we know about this Head of Criminal Affairs?

Spoiler: Gus is in Delta (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2015, 05:43:56 pm »

At least three and no more than ten. If I see metal barrels with fires inside, this is the right place. If I see flickering lights and hear the howls of crazed cannibals, that's too far.
Find a good level and someone alone.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:38 pm »

What happened to half our people?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2015, 11:12:27 pm »

((Joker syndrome. Haven't you noticed? Always in these missions at least 20% of the people fall comatose sometime through it. Probably going through withdrawal from lack of bloodshed.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2015, 11:37:02 pm »

((I'm here, I just don't know what to do. My character isn't really useful at the moment.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:45 am »

((Do the xan))
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2015, 12:35:26 am »

((What, overshoot and become another 9 incident?))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2015, 12:37:02 am »

Jesse stands staring at everyone else.

((I'm here, but I'm just the muscle. Come on people do things, and then mess up so I can stab some people.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2015, 12:43:34 am »

((What, overshoot and become another 9 incident?))
((That was the most obvious application of philosophy of xan, but the core tenet is to forcefully change the entire situation you're in to something drastic and exciting. This is just most often accomplished by 9ing it up))
Sig! Onol

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2015, 06:18:39 am »

((Also here, also have no idea what to do.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2015, 07:34:46 am »

What happened to half our people?
Want me to post for some of our braindead? Skylar, for example?  :o

aww, this ->   3:) doesn't do the devil emoji ...

So, here are several of the bits of plan we've established so far. some may be obsolete depending on certain courses of action, but I think we should keep them on the table, because 50k is a lot of people, and we could use some diversification.

Hopefully this will give you guys some ideas on stuff to do. Maybe the guns could go drinking (but not get drunk) and just get out there amongst the toughs). Ryan could go start investigating hospitals and medical schools, Vincent could start meeting power players. He could get an upscale apartment and begin fitting in up there. Manuel can just ... I don't know, rock the jar he's in, for now.

comments? suggestions? Ideas? corrections? death threats?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2015, 07:37:14 am »

((Not sure where Petra fits into that plan. She's got Con, and Aux, and Cha.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2015, 08:06:06 am »

((Not sure where Petra fits into that plan. She's got Con, and Aux, and Cha.))

She's got charisma? She should focus on blending in and meeting contacts then. Either split the task with Vincent, such that one works the upper stack and one works the business district, or double up and cover both together. Pprobably only need to worry about gunfights in an emergency, and I wo0uldn't worry about aux right now - the only things we have that need that kind of thing are the medical machines, and Ryan and I have that covered for now. You'll be a back-up for the machinery, if your other role leaves you space.

You'll want to think about how you will interact with various NPCs, whether in blending in, encouraging them to see things from your point of view (Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way - Daniele Vare, apparently), or defusing tensions. Right now, your character is at Delta, and is getting used to the tight clothing and the upper class attitudes. Pay attention to the way PW describes how they act and speak. Go to a social environment that is fairly open (no private clubs) and listen, then strike up conversations about nothing with people who aren't important to the story, and get a feel for how they react. Get more of the accoutrements of wealth from the sons, and start acting like them. Get an apartment. Gus and Jesse could practice being your thugs, only call them your "men" or "people" or something - whatever that place calls their security types. Of course, they'll need to act the part as well (I think it is coming naturally to Jesse).

Or, if you prefer the middle class, head back to alpha and do much the same thing, only probably don't act like you are superior to the "thugs".
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31