Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53865 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2015, 08:41:17 pm »

Ryan frowns, thoughtful. "...Sure. I would like someone to practice on."

Let the not-medi-dude capture someone for me.

((Are you in Beta? Otherwise this talk means nothing and I will Ask Skylar for permission to go full Doctor on a homeless man.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2015, 09:06:33 pm »

((I am indeed in Beta.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2015, 09:09:55 pm »

"Looks like this is going to be an interesting run, lets try not to piss off the locals right?"

Jesse said with a grin before noticing his rather ridiculous clothing, and lapsing back into silence.

When the Son is dressed we shall go onwards to find people to kidnap or something.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2015, 07:31:04 am »

To Xael

" ...
Try not to be seen, mkay?"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2015, 02:08:47 pm »

Well then I guess I'm ready to go
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

Petra is ready to go.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2015, 09:55:56 am »

Confirm with Skylar the idea of offering to ship people offworld for the police. Include the idea of becoming a "to ground level" transport service as well (for police groups leery of sending them off planet, who are also understaffed for such things). If he confirms, then suggest to the son to proceed with that idea, starting small with lower level police first. If he vetoes or wishes the plan delayed, then wait.

Also ask the son (and Skylar) if he thinks Beta is a good place to set up the surgery pods, or if Gamma or Alpha would be preferable. If Beta is good, then do whatever prep work is necessary to get the surgery set up in the back of the base and inquire about the necessity of a false wall to hide the apparatus.

If Alpha or Gamma are better, prep the apparati for transport. do we have more than one surgical suite?

Kri hasn't responded, so we'll hold on for the moment. The son, however, would also point out that a related method would be offering smuggling services.  Many people want to get off world but lack the money or paperwork to do so. Offering to smuggle them and then just shipping them off to Heph would be an efficient method.  It takes years for ships to reach their targets and getting a message back would take a long while as well, since FTL comms are rarely available to civilians. So there would be no questions from any relatives or accomplices here for years. And once those started, you could just vanish and reappear elsewhere with different names and people and continue the service. The best part is that the people would come to you and they would have reason to be quiet.

The son thinks setting up here would be a good idea; no one would notice large amounts of materials or crates moving in and out around here, in a warehouse district, where as doing it in alpha would be very weird, doing it higher up the stack would be too dangerous and lower would face the threat of people trying to rob you.

We can get a fake wall built if you'd like.

Gus has friends, a steady job that pays space gun money, and he might just get to shoot somebody if he's lucky. Gus is happy to be here.

Go ahead and stick the gun down my pants. Making sure to cock it first, of course.
Heyooooo
"Hey medi-dudes, you want we to go get some poor chump for you to cut open? I could totally make it happen."

Offer to utilize my skills in murder/kidnapping/murdernapping. And call bosscat to tell him I'm doing that.

EDIT: Greencard acquired! This plan is going to need a bodybag. we have those, right? Some restraints would be useful as well.
Prepare, then go find some hobo.

We have things like body bags, sure. Though getting yourself a hobo will require going deeper down. No homeless around here. No one to get money from, nothing to eat, nothing to scavenge. Not a good place for them. What kind of restraints? Also , how ya gonna stop him from screaming the whole way back?

"Looks like this is going to be an interesting run, lets try not to piss off the locals right?"

Jesse said with a grin before noticing his rather ridiculous clothing, and lapsing back into silence.

When the Son is dressed we shall go onwards to find people to kidnap or something.
Well then I guess I'm ready to go
Petra is ready to go.
The rest of the way up to the storage unit is...mostly uneventful. The upper levels are far brighter and more decorative then you would have imagined; it looks like some sort of carnival with everything done up in vivid colors, sparkling materials and tinted lights. The people are all in fairly similar clothing to your own, though some wear more extravagant things over their bodystockings, including one woman who was wearing a sort of projector ring around her waist that produced holographic images of birds and flying serpents and air-swimming ferret looking things, all swirling around in the air around her. You do your best to remain inconspicuous, an attempt not aided by one of the groups rather...turgid appearance. You manage to make it to the storage area without any major incidents though. The actual container itself isn't much different from a large garage; just a big empty, air conditioned room with a large segmented, vertically opening door taking up most of the front wall.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2015, 10:26:15 am »

((we did discuss the emigration option.))

If I place people in stasis, will they remain like that without problem until I fill one of the stasis containers, and get it shipped out? Or would I need to put htem all in within a day or something, then ship them?

Set up the surgery and pods in the back of Beta, and start work on the emigration option. Let the Son get the word out. If the stasis pods can hold people indefinitely as-is, then start out with around three people, adults only (for now). Once we get them set we'll see how it goes from there.

Let the son make the off-world penal colony suggestion to some low-level police (or whatever police contact he feels would not compromise the situation).

All actions are subject to Skylar's veto, but  I'd like to go ahead and get started butchering "liberating" (and "imprisoning") people.

((screaming could be prevented by pretty low-tech use of sock in the mouth, ball gag, duct tape, drugs ... hell, get the proper hobo, and he won't even notice he's being abducted.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:55:49 am by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »

Feeling quite like a spy, Gus joins the others.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2015, 06:10:31 pm »

Gonna bring the bodybag, some simple cloth for a gag, and good old steel shackles.
Look on slightly lower levels, and try to get someone alone. Also be sure my gun isn't hidden, need ti show these scum who's in charge. (And who's gonna shoot them. And who has bullets that make people die slowly and painfully. On second thought, don't show off the bullets.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:18:42 pm by Egan_BW »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2015, 06:21:47 pm »

"So, now that we are here, what's our next step?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2015, 07:23:58 pm »

"I guess we inspect what they've managed to set up here, but if this is what they've got I'm not really impressed. Say Son do you have something we can call you aside from you, or son?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2015, 11:19:36 am »

((we did discuss the emigration option.))

If I place people in stasis, will they remain like that without problem until I fill one of the stasis containers, and get it shipped out? Or would I need to put htem all in within a day or something, then ship them?

Set up the surgery and pods in the back of Beta, and start work on the emigration option. Let the Son get the word out. If the stasis pods can hold people indefinitely as-is, then start out with around three people, adults only (for now). Once we get them set we'll see how it goes from there.

Let the son make the off-world penal colony suggestion to some low-level police (or whatever police contact he feels would not compromise the situation).

All actions are subject to Skylar's veto, but  I'd like to go ahead and get started butchering "liberating" (and "imprisoning") people.

((screaming could be prevented by pretty low-tech use of sock in the mouth, ball gag, duct tape, drugs ... hell, get the proper hobo, and he won't even notice he's being abducted.))
They'll stay good in stasis for a long time, so throw them in whenever.

You get the surgery area set up and tell the Son to start trying to round up people who would like to be "emigrated".

The son suggests that rather then trying to work through low level police, that we instead bring the idea straight to someone who has the capacity to put it into action and then tailor it to be appealing to them. Movement of ideas through the base levels would be time intensive and may not come to fruition.

Feeling quite like a spy, Gus joins the others.
What? Which others?

Gonna bring the bodybag, some simple cloth for a gag, and good old steel shackles.
Look on slightly lower levels, and try to get someone alone. Also be sure my gun isn't hidden, need ti show these scum who's in charge. (And who's gonna shoot them. And who has bullets that make people die slowly and painfully. On second thought, don't show off the bullets.)

So you're just gonna walk out of the warehouse, gun on your hip, body bag over your shoulder, and take the train into a bad part of town?

Law enforcement here is bad but...I feel like this might draw more attention then you'd like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2015, 11:31:18 am »

I didn't mention this, but imagined all that going in some sort of backpack or something.
as for the gun- son, let me tell you about a little thing called the Second...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »

To the son
[glow=green2,300]"Okay, I must have misunderstood the situation here and your level of comfort with the authorities. Tell me more about who we would need to contact. How far up the food chain are they, and how high do your contacts presently go? Or, how high do your contacts - that I am authorized to know about - go? Do you think I would need to work with Vincent to set up a presentation for them? You may not have noticed, but he's better at that schmoozing stuff than I am.

Ah, yes, you said 'tailor it to be appealing to them.' This is why I wanted to check the political situation and whatnot. Tell me what the people you have in mind are interested in. Do we have racists we can encourage by suggesting some kind of ethnic exportation? Strict law types who want nothing better than career criminals dumped ...well, someplace like they will be dumped? Someone who wants to believe that criminal can be reformed through manual labor? Uh ... Wealthy socialites who want the unwashed masses 'out of sight, out of mind'?"

Are there places in the stacks where there is enough tension between the uppers and the criminals or the lower classes where they would be willing to round people up en masse and gift wrap them for us?

Of course, the faster the influx, the greater the need for a trained surgical team. Have we any contacts in hospitals or medical schools where we can get some discrete surgeons? Someone maybe with debts or ... perhaps someone who crossed the wrong party, and needs protection?"[/glow]

((I feel like most of my career is "ask the son a question." and maybe a little "tell them to do it." :P
"Hey, I've become an officer!" 8) ))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31