Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11292 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How are you disposed toward evil PCs, by the way? Not of the puppy-kicking variety, but in a more pragmatic sense?

Evil characters NEED to be tempered by common sense, self-preservation, and morals.

They need attachments and obligations.

A evil character without all of those will never be a PC.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:46:46 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So LE is fine, but NE and CE are not?

They are all fine, but people who pick evil characters tend to want to play evil characters to be sort of unbound by the usual rules of play, or to be sneaky in how evil they are.

Whenever I think of the kind of evil I am talking about I think back to this Fictional Fallen Angel I came up with.

It is a fallen angel but it is definitely evil. Yet it still is bound by its nature, it still has every inclination and desire to do good now as when it was a normal angel.

So in its layer is a pocket dimension filled with friends and family that the fallen angel lavishes with presents and favor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright using my first bump of two.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall in and provide a free bump
Nom nom nom

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Question: how do we assign stats? Do we do the rolls, or just take the set ability scores and distribute them? Or is there some sort of point buy?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use the array or I guess I'll allow people to assign their own attributes using the point buy if they wish.

We can run it this Sunday but only if we can get a 4th player.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:13:21 pm by Neonivek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

You can use the array or I guess I'll allow people to assign their own attributes using the point buy if they wish.

We can run it this Sunday but only if we can get a 4th player.

kilakan said he's in. Doesn't that mean you have four?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Doesn't that mean you have four?

Now you have five! I'm in! I'm sure I can make the time-schedule work.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

*cough* free bump *cough cough*

I'm new to this whole thing (I've played a bastardized version of 3.5 that's mostly RP and read the monster manuals), does someone think they can help me out together my character?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still need to make mine and I am rather new myself as well.  But if you want to kinda stumble through the books with me go ahead and add me on steam (in my sig)
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a steam and Skype if you so want it as well.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

I dibs on paladin! Never really played DnD, but I've seen plenty of people play it on YouTube and I read the rulebooks for fun (and the pictures). So, any tips for race? I'm sure dwarf goes really well with paladin, but I wanna know what others think.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves, Half-elves, and Dragonborn are well equipped for that class. Dwarf is the odd mix in that it gains no charisma bonus, but the extra constitution is always nice.

Humans and Half-orcs do it well well.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Balasar Blackfire

I'm not sure if there's anything missing from the sheet aside from appearance and bio. Also, is it cool if I made him lawful evil? Think of him and his family like the Malfoys from Harry Potter; haughty, powerful and ignorant. I can change it if you want.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14