Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11544 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 1:The Collasp
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »

Ox greets the new arrival, and Begins looking around for a suitable shelter. "Nice to meet you, Mister. Call me the Ox." Ox smiles a bit. "A paratrooper? Are there more coming? Say, you wouldn't know where we could get a bite to eat around here, would you?"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2015, 04:23:21 pm »

The creature spreads out in a wall sort of shape as it tries to get as close as possible to you without leaving the shadows.  You then see your own face appear in it's flesh:
"Can you speak?"
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2015, 04:29:15 pm »

John sits down in front of the creature. You are magnificent! What a marvel! I pick up a piece of vegetation and calmly extend it towards the creature in an attempt to befriend it.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2015, 04:30:06 pm »

"Um... okay, the Ox. Er... what's a paratrooper? And no, I don't know where you could get something to eat."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2015, 04:52:11 pm »

John sits down in front of the creature. You are magnificent! What a marvel! I pick up a piece of vegetation and calmly extend it towards the creature in an attempt to befriend it.
It doesn't move until the vegetation you are extending ends up with it's shadow connecting to where it hides at which point it ((dex vs check)) shoots forwards a mouse shaped growth along the ground that seems to be trying to get to your foot however you manage to dance backwards leaving the mouse-like growth huddling in the shade behind a small stone.
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2015, 04:59:59 pm »

Ah you're a biter huh? I've seen worse. I think you know more than you're letting on, but for now, I'm going to leave you be. When you decide to be friendly I'm sure you can find me.

John returns back to the others.

So it seems we're all in the same boat. My lab is on the north side of town. It's more of a concrete bunker full of the tools of my trade than a real lab. But I my tech should be useful. It's underground beneath a man hole cover in an alley way. It may be hard to find though with everything being the way it is.

John looks up to determine the approximate time of day.

We may want to look for closer shelter before we go looking for my lab. As much as I want to get to my computer and my slicer.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2015, 05:03:42 pm »

((It would appear to be early afternoon))
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2015, 05:05:35 pm »

"Right, I guess its my apartment then. Unless someone knows something closer?"

"Nicholas, paratroopers are soldiers trained to jump out of aircraft, fall through the sky, then fight when they land."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2015, 05:11:33 pm »

A thought seems to appear in Johns headDoes anyone have any sort of empty container? I think that if I could capture that offshoot of that fungus creature (which I believe is now stranded behind a rock away from the main creature. If I understand your post correctly) it may provide some interesting scientific persuits.

As for shelter, anywhere shall do. Preferably somewhere where I can canibalize some technology. Some of my best biometrics have been made from scrap. Apartment, not apartment, just see here safe. We only have so long before dark. I have the feeling like we don't want to be outdoors during dark.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:01 pm »

((yes it is trapped about 4 feet away from... we'll call it the mother for now))
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:29 pm »

"Brilliant! If I ever get to Nevermore Castle I'll have to mention that idea to Null."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2015, 05:32:12 pm »

((yes it is trapped about 4 feet away from... we'll call it the mother for now))

((If I do find a working computer or a library or something, could I find out more about this thing? I am very interested in it now  :P)).

I look around the area for something in which to contain this offspring in.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2015, 05:44:58 pm »

((If I do find a working computer or a library or something, could I find out more about this thing? I am very interested in it now  :P)).

I look around the area for something in which to contain this offspring in.
((provided it's not evolved since the downfall of humanity, yes you would.))
After a bit of searching you find an old pop bottle with the cap still on, it's empty unfortunately but the green stain of the plastic should stop enough light to prevent it from... having happen whatever happens when it's exposed to light.  It's actually quite easy to convince the mouse-sized fungal creature to enter the bottle, you simply place it in the shadow and then kick the rock away so it is forced to shift it's location to in the bottle.

-Collected mouse sized specimen of fungal creature in pop bottle. (feel free to name the creature/species as whatever.)
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »

John looks ecstatic. I am going to name this particular specimen Noj. I look forward to learning about it in the future. But for now, we really should find somewhere safe.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:47 pm »

((as the general consensus seems to be Gar's house, group turn inc. below!))
Group turn #2:Off to Gar's house we go~
With Gar leading the way you make excellent time through the streets, rather disconcertingly you recognize buildings and street signs under the layer of rubble and overgrowth and it seems as it is almost the same as the day you walked down this very street to the facility. 

At least it would until you notice that with the deepening shadows comes a strange silence, no nocturnal insects buzz in the air, no birds fly and even the vulture like birds that had been eyeing you before during the day are completely absent.  As the group walks down the center of the street, nervous to get to the shadows that live inside the doorways and broken windows of the many buildings you notice what appears to be spray-paint underneath the vines on a side of a nearby building.  It seems to be a warning telling people to not breathe the air and it starts to continue a second line starting with the letter D, but underneath is a pile of torn clothing and rusted spray paint can. 

Eventually you arrive out front of the doorway to Gar's house, a squat first floor apartment that would be easily mistaken as the back entrance to some sleazy bar or another with the lack of windows and heavy metal door.  He searches in the nearby pile of broken clay that was once a plant pot before coming away with a rusted steel key.  Shakily Gar reaches to the door, and with a tensing of his muscles undoes the lock before swinging the door open with closed eyes lest he see what lay before him.

The main room of the apartment seems to be largely bare except for a slightly moldy couch facing a still distinguishable shadow from where a flat screen T.V. once stood.  He walks in nervously and quickly checks the remaining rooms to similar effect, though once he gets to his room he opens  it to reveal a large number of boxes stacked upon his bed with a hole-filled white sheet tossed over top.  Inside seems to be his vast collection of hobby interest books, modeling tools and even computer packed away with care.  As well there is a large case of canned food, as well as a 20 litre jug of water, and a Proj-Tech Plastique Handgun taped to a sealed envelope.  The handgun seems to have 50 shots remaining and takes specially made blocks of case-less ammunition of an exceptionally low grade strength while the envelope as 'For Gar" written on it.  In addition there is a gas-mask with self cleaning filter attachments, water and food input ports designed to allow someone to live with the gas mask on 24/7.

Otherwise the kitchen, 2 other bedrooms, living room and bathroom are bare excepting the large furniture.

Group supplies
20 rations preserved goods (2 needed a day/each to not begin starvation rationing)
20 L water (1/L a day each provided normal heat/exertion levels.)
Hobbyist Guides-Provides entry level information on a massive number of subjects but is sadly both outdated and non-specific.
Ancient Personal Computer
Proj-Tech P. Handgun 50/50 shots remaining

Time:18:45
Day:Wednesday, 21, April
Year:2185

For Gar letter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone +20 Exhaution

quick status

FallacyofUrist:Nicholas