Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 49565 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (7/15) Day 4 begins with a dead godfather.
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2015, 06:47:04 pm »

Right now[I THINK, at least] we've got probably three scum plus maybe a defector, which means town is outnumbered. Target-rich environment, so yay! :P
Unfortunately I can't divulge the details regarding whether or not you are correct, but I want to congratulate everyone on roughly figuring out this much!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 12, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »

@Deus- I can cede that my points about his first post are not very strong and that I may have overestimated his activity in the other game because I didn't read it in detail, but even leaving those out, it's easier for me to see him as someone who was trying to successfully get to endgame rather than trying to scumhunt? He didn't really follow up on any of his questions and he made a somewhat opportunistic attack on Arcvasti, etc. Which I know is not easy for you to answer for because you can't tell me what he was thinking. Seeing more of your general thoughts on the game would help me be able to read you.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 13, 2015, 05:19:34 pm »

where is everyone :(

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:22 pm »

Sorry, been pretty busy lately. I think the game is essentially solved though, but it's a matter of whether scum target each other as to whether we can win now. Will post more soon.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 13, 2015, 07:48:44 pm »

My immediate general thought after reading through the game was that it's difficult to play when such a large portion of the players are replacing out or being inactive.

My thoughts about players were that Acrvasti is more than likely town. I entertained the thought that he was mafia posing as an investigator since they haven't tried to kill him yet, but it seems unlikely.

FoU hasn't made much of an impact on me, although:
As per information in the OP, each scum team starts with 2 people. So at the game's beginning, we had to deal with 2 Werewolves and 2 Mafia. We've lynched a Mafia Goon, so we've got 2 Werewolves and a Mafioso to deal with now.
Is/was this actually in the OP? flabort said afterwards that the scumteams could have two to three people, but I don't see anything in the OP that would lead FoU to this conclusion beforehand unless he had first hand knowledge of how many people were on one of the teams. Announcing his use of his one shot with no useful result still seems weird to me.

NQT has an unusually low amount of content for NQT. He's said a couple of times that he thinks the game is solved now, and that seems... complacent? To-be-lulling-into-a-false-sense-of-security? (There should be a proper verb for that). I don't know, something just seems off about him at the moment. Possible link to FoU considering that he's willing to give him a free pass for no apparent reason, more likely trying to make that link as insurance for if he gets lynched.

Doc is another one of the low activity players. Eight posts on day 1, 0 (!) posts on day 2, then somewhat active during day 3 again. Hasn't done much in the way of asking questions, particularly outside of day 1. Probably scum.

Varee is also low activity, and their posts are generally kind of low in content. Voted for themselves at one point for some reason.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2015, 12:04:17 am »

Doc is pretty scummy, yeah. Considering he's a second time player here I don't really get how he forgot he was playing for a full day. I can see DarkStar/him thinking a fillip kill was a good idea and he could easily be a werewolf as well.

Fallacy is one of the few people that if he actually showed back up, I think I could get a solid read on him, because my issues with/questions about his play are pretty specific.

I kind of expected there to be more resistance to your lynch if you were scum but literally no one is posting so idk

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2015, 12:11:19 am »

OK your points are valid tea but am still skeptical about the double DA vote right at the start, considering how you talk about scum possibly out numbering town. if there a defector, the vote might be some kind of an attempt to signal some kind of target?

Also you say you are paraniod of me with my vague post. I don't think short vague post are thin to be scare of but rather the solid argument in from of WoT is much scarier.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2015, 12:23:45 am »

It bothers me that you seem so reluctant to take any stances on things and are content to doubtcast me without offering your own view of who is scum or commenting on my case/discussion with Deus. I feel like I don't really know what you're thinking and it makes it hard to read you, which could be deliberate on your part, or it could be just because you're new. Do you think NQT is scum trying to buddy me by calling me obvtown and lead me astray? Do you think we are scum together?

And if nothing else, it annoys me that you just show up to say "lol I'm skeptical of you" without proposing any alternative. This game feels like a group project that I'm doing >50% of the work on and then you show up late every once in a while just to criticize me. :/

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2015, 11:01:24 pm »

A bit late here, but analysis stuff.

We've got either four or three scum, probably the former. That lets us do a fairly easy elimination to get suspects.

List of suspects:

FallacyofUrist
Deus Asmoth
Varee
Arcvasti
notquitethere
DoctorMcTaalik
Tea

I've crossed out me, Tea and Fallacy of Urist because they're the least suspicous right now. This leaves four other people.

I'm voting for Deus Asmoth, for the following reasons:

- I'm almost CERTAIN they're a Werewolf. They're not Mafia, I'm not scum, Tea probably isn't scum and FallacyofUrist is HOPEFULLY not scum. That means everyone else is scum of one flavour or another[mMMM, Wolf flavoured...]. Werewolves still have ALL their members and eliminating one of them[Especially with the Mafia NK thrown in too to add additonal !!FUN!!] heavily jars their majority, which is a large advantage for them at the moment.
- They're sort of scummy, as Tea pointed out earlier and in more detail.
- They're one of the more active people right now, which means that we'll get defense analysis and such from them instead of nothing to very little.

I'm also voting to Extend. Depending on the choices made this day, the Town will either win or lose. I want to rush this as little as possible to allow things to ruminate and stew and for as many of the lurkers as possible to participate.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 15, 2015, 01:38:57 am »

@Tea:OK what i am saying is from my view what you are doing is calling people to lynch DA because "a wall of reasons". I agree that the reasons are valid but i am skeptical of people literally lynching DA because of your case. I also found it is kinda odd on how you mention that scum might out number or close to outnumbering town and people are still tagging on let vote DA bandwagon.

Also the NQT post of "the game might be solved", I dont really know why but that strike me as he succeed in securing a result. In term of town that might not mean much but with the wolf needing like 1 vote on their side to get majority(very likely) I feel that maybe DA is not a wolf and now the wolves are jumping on the wagon to secure their win.

So maybe it just me but what i am saying is that NQT  might be cheering you on to a miss-lynch because it benefit him(as in the wolf need one extra vote)  And because you are viewed as "most likely town" by all other and have the most influence(
This game feels like a group project that I'm doing >50% of the work on and then you show up late every once in a while just to criticize me. :/
) I dont know if you should be that certain with your decision.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 15, 2015, 02:01:15 am »

I'm not certain about my decision. This is the way I'm leaning right now though. If you don't want to lynch Deus, then what do you think are better options? Name and shame.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »

Arcvasti why do you think that Fallacy is town? I haven't seen anything that would lend that idea any major credibility, but both you and NQT seem to be using the idea that FoU is town as a reason for lynching me.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2015, 05:19:25 pm »

Keep an eye on this post, I'll edit in a votecount soon-ish.

Votecount:
FallacyofUrist
Deus Asmoth - Tea,  notquitethere, Arcvasti
Varee
Arcvasti
notquitethere
DoctorMcTaalik - Deus Asmoth
Tea

Not Voting:  Dampe, Fallacy of Urist, Varee, DoctorMcTaalik

Day ends Wednesday, Sept 16, 10:00 PM Mountain time, in 27 hours.
1/3 votes to extend
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:59:49 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »

Oppose extension: we have our man. Deus Asmoth is scum by elimination if nothing else.

Deus, out of interest, what makes you think Fallacy's claim was a lie?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 15, 2015, 08:04:01 pm »

Come on NQT, you can't just do that. Nqt, what make you think bandwagon voting at this state is OK? What about you buddying tea for the last few days? It MyLo and it seem everyone just decide on whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35