Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Delegation: A fief management suggestion Game  (Read 24747 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Delegation: A fief management suggestion Game
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2015, 03:32:42 pm »

I support the roadside forts, we could eventually expand them to sell goods to caravans like provisions, wagon wheels, and other gear they might need. This as well as the forts is longer term, for now let's interview the people the mayor refered to us and possibly get patrols on the roads.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2015, 07:28:32 pm »

Just saw what Beneviento posted. Thanks man.

If anyone cares this was going to be a strategy I would have used in Princeship to break the power of the Bandit lords.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »

bump

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2015, 03:02:13 pm »

Are we still interested in seeing me update this or have my repeated absences pretty much sucked out any enthusiasm for my games? I realize i kinda suck for that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2015, 03:06:42 pm »

Are we still interested in seeing me update this or have my repeated absences pretty much sucked out any enthusiasm for my games? I realize i kinda suck for that.
Yes, no. Although if you end up absent too often it may end up like Elves of Amnerelli, where there is more asking about update than updates :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2015, 03:25:13 pm »

Well, I can't speak for others, but at least I would still be interested.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2015, 03:27:56 pm »

I'm still interested. But I'm mostly lurking.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

Good enough for me!

Elves of Amnerelli is older than i am (on the forum that is >>), and yet i think i've still produced way more content, so at least of that, i don't think i'm in danger of XD
Still though, i do feel bad about bailing on games all the time. It's not even ussually that i've lost interest, i just kind of manage to get into this positive feedback loop of anxiety about not having posted lately. I really love running suggestion games, it's a lot of freedom to do things i normally cant with a lot of my other writing, so i hope i havn't too thoroughly irritated those who i know get invested in my games, only to occassionally have really long stretches of time between updates as i deal with my own trivial insecurities.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:10:15 pm by Mlamlah »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2015, 04:04:37 pm »

Looking forward to seeing this rebooted.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2015, 11:48:56 am »

I'm also in.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2015, 02:27:39 pm »

Me too

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2015, 04:32:28 pm »

3821, the third month of the year, and the first month of spring.

Adeeb Wasirri, Lord Governor of Dhum-Blud
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Councilors, Vassals, Allies and Agents.
Holdings.

You state for your Vassal's benefit that quite frankly, you intend to restore a semblance of order to Dhum-Blud, and hopefully turn it into a prosperous place people might actually willingly migrate to. You agree with him that securing and maintaining the roads will of course be the first important step to securing such. You ask him also to send those individuals he mentioned to you, so that you might take their measure and decide wether or not to take them into your service. Shortly therafter the meal ends, and after some idle chatter, everyone retires to their rooms.

The following morning comes, and with it the visiting party begins to make their preparations to depart. The Mayor declines your offer of a duel, explaining he has grown too old for what should rightfully be the affairs of young people. Veera and Elara both politely give their goodbye's, and after a short breakfast, the party leaves to return to their own town on horseback.

It will certainly be a little while until your vassal returns to Stokeswood and sends the individuals he promised, and in the meantime you have decisions to make about what to do in the meantime, wether to spend the time here at your manor or back at your castle, and what to have your agents, councillors, and self do.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »

I've kinda forgotten what problems we have that need fixing...
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2015, 06:22:33 pm »

I've kinda forgotten what problems we have that need fixing...

Way undisciplined, under-equipped army.
Run-down quarter of a province with low tax income, bandits, bandit lords with cities, oh, and dangerous, magical things or folks in the deep woods.
Possibly dubious knightly province retainer.
Too many Yes-Men subordinates, also partly of dubious merit.
Not enough money nor influence to easily make a dent in any of these problems.

... should be about it?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:24:38 pm by escaped lurker »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »

First job should be remedying the army situation. I propose we send the least bad troops on a couple patrols along the roads and lumber camps, and maybe take out a few bandit patrols. We have anyone who shows the slightest hint of competence and/or initiative from these patrols put in charge of a squad or something, and form new ranks behind them. This should not only hopefully get our guys experience without loosing too many in the process, but show that we are committed to protecting everyone which should at least let us make a few requests for things like food and workers go down easier.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22