Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 86878 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.
« Reply #450 on: October 11, 2016, 06:28:54 am »

Thank you.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 11, 2016, 01:52:24 pm »

Is my character dead?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 13, 2016, 02:17:40 am »

Is my character dead?

No you're not. You are very well alive, and safe inside the fortress :)

No news from MDFification. He hasn't logged in yet.
So I think we can wait a little, and if by Saturday there is no news, I'd say @Kamani, is up !
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 13, 2016, 02:51:49 am »

Am I dorfd
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 13, 2016, 06:37:04 am »

Okay. Going until Saturday works for me.
By the way, we need more overseers.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:44:49 pm by Kamani »
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »

Should I take my turn now?

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:40 am »

Should I take my turn now?

Sure, just take it !
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 16, 2016, 10:18:02 am »

Okay, downloading now.
By the way, we really need more overseers.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2016, 06:41:02 pm »

Kamani's Log
210-12-04
Well... Somebody just ran up and screamed at me that I am now overseer. I think it might have been Kate, but I couldn't really tell in this dark (evidently I have the worst night vision of all dwarves). It must be because I am one of the few surviving dwarves who still seem to be paying any attention to who is in control, and because nobody died under my rule. So... What is going on round here since I buried myself in trying to get reelected?

Oh.

8 invaders (Though I could only find and draw three), plus Kate's evil (note to self: assign woodcutter position (if they survive that is)) has left us with few to deal with it. I have only one choice. PULL THE DOOR LEVERS! and hope. If this goes wrong, I have a plan to get some people out safely (Roughly seven if all goes well) so that we can escape to bring help.

Our gates have not fallen! The Invaders are locked outside, leaving us under siege, but, with luck, the weather will finish them off so that I can continue my grand dome, to stop both invaders and weather. All are inside and safe. I gave a short speech, before starting to work out what to do now. I wrote my speech before giving it, so I included it below too.
     "I would like to thank you all for being inside our walls today, because our walls still stand! Where many foolish dwarves would have tried the time honored and repeatedly failed tactic of a blunt charge with untrained fighters, we live behind these walls, preparing to end the threat the foolish goblins and their elves pose! We can overcome this with ease my fellow dwarves!
     Also, I would like to apologize to what remains of our blind population. Kate's evil plot to oppress and destroy our blind friends has worked, and that is something we should have stopped. Our blind brothers should be treated with as much respect as anyone else! Also, we now need job changes. Kate is now a woodcutter once this siege ends, for NO REASON WHATSOEVER then that we clearly will need more wood for barrels, and all blind dwarves who lost their jobs will regain them. THIS OPPRESSION ENDS HERE, AND KATE'S RULES ARE GONE!"

OOC: I will check and dwarf you if you aren't Imic.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:13:46 pm by Kamani »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 18, 2016, 11:28:22 am »

Tanks.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:44 pm »

Who will be the next Overseer by the way?
Edit: Sorry about slow updates. I will be doing a lot of it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:42:44 am by Kamani »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2016, 12:42:00 pm »

Kamani's Journal
211-02-02
The siege is broken! All of the Invaders disappeared over time, and, when migrants came, I sent the military to attack the last invader standing.

Migrants

The Last Invader

The military charged in to break the siege, and then...

The Invader walked off the map. From a platform on the second floor. That goes to nowhere. Did someone build a giant bridge to reach it? Or did it just jump a story off a platform? I don't know, but it was very strange.
We also got another artifact, a tetrahedrite ring from Hidden Leaf Guy III. I wonder why his name ends with three Is? So many people in this fortress have that kind of thing. IVs, IIs, IIIs, it makes no sense. I was lately told that it has something to do with multiple people with the same name (or they might have said one named person with multiple bodies? I don't THINK I have seen any necromancy here, but... something here is very strange.)

Annoyingly enough, our nobles have been complaining a lot lately. Upon checking why, I learned that NOBODY had built proper Nobles rooms. And we have no Bookkeeper or Broker. So I have been assigning new positions and building new rooms left and right.

So  everything is improving with the siege broken, and I finally got to assign Kate as a woodcutter. I hope nobody more gets blinded, but our current blind population are doing fine. I am trying to prevent them from being bothered, but this fortress can be hard to run.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »

Well, the game just crashed and I lost all my progress. This might take a little longer then I thought.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2016, 02:09:49 pm »

Elf maceman, huh. Goblin kidnapping gives elves unique chances for metalworking. It's shame they forget metalworking if they ever emigrate back to their home civ.

Good that this place still gets migrants. Can help make Immortalitytower great again =)

Platform that goes to nowhere is a way to utilize air biomes. Can get animals not otherwise possible to wander in with that. Maybe cage trap that entrance?

Nobles can complain? That's remarkable display of agency. 

And ouch on crashes. Hate them.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2016, 02:13:53 pm »

I am going to block that entrance I think. I meant it to be used as a ceiling over the road. I have some plans to keep the weather out (a giant wooden dome). The siege just left after getting badly injured by horrible goo. I just got even more migrants too.
Also, we really need more overseers. After me is nobody.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35