Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How long should I wait for people to post

2 days - anyone who dosen't post gets skipped?
2 days - anyone who dosen't post forages
3-4 days - anyone who dosen't post gets skipped
3-4 days - anyone who dosen't post forages
wait until everyone has posted

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Ant Colony-On a hiatus  (Read 12981 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Player 2:

50 ants Dig a burrow to the east and downwards.
50 ants evolve into Foragers
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Criptfeinds turn:

50 ants Evolve into Foragers
50 ants Dig a burrow to the north on 1

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

I thought we could only do one action per turn per ant type. Evolve is one action, so shouldn't that be all that can be done? similarly, I see people posting 50 do this, 50 do that. I thought we couldn't divide our ants for two actions? Even if we could, wouldn't that mean those actions take longer? I see that we can dig 1 space per 50 ants. my bad.

player 8: evolve 50 foragers. Dig one regular space north at level 2. (else dig one regular space north, one regular space south, both at level 2)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:43:06 pm by Ozarck »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

...i think im out...this looks far too much like math for me...sorry.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

Okay, since its the first turn and no one knows where you are it's cool, unless someone else wants to take him over, someone who hasn't already joined.

@Ozarck I turned evolve into, if you can pay for it you can do it but those ants don't get to act that turn. I just haven't updated the op yet
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:14:50 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

50 Ants evolve into Foragers
50 Ants dig a storeroom

Like this?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's a valid action
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

50 Ants Evolve into foragers
50 Ants dig a burrow one square to the east
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to join and begin a glorious ant empire!!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay I'm going to give you the player one spot, I'll give you your map soon.

For further information, if you drop out its okay I'll understand, your colony will be abandoned and open for all to claim.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:45:42 pm by fillipk »

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Player 12 Action
50 Ants Forage 1 Square North of Colony
25 Ants Evolve to Diggers
25 Ants Evolve to Foragers

EDIT:
Forage: Gather food, each ant gather's one food and then a percentage of your ants, determined by a d100 gather extra food. Ants only gather from spaces 2 squares from your colony and avoid hostile critters and ants, only one group of ants can forage at any given tile

Does this mean ants can gather up to 2 squares away, or only exactly 2 squares away?  If exactly, change all my Forage Actions above to be 2 Squares in each cardinal direction.

Also, if a player has 2 separate groups of ants forage at separate tiles, will he see the total food gained from each tile, or just total food gained altogether?

EDIT AGAIN:
Fixed my action.  Hope I got it right this time.  If I'm not allowed to Evolve twice in a single turn, then Cancel the Forager Evolve and have 75 ants forage.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:06:22 am by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

I believe it means up to two spaces away, no further. also, forage and dig are two actions. I think that is still too many? Evolve is a free action, though, so it's good.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, my mistake, ill edit my previous action.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Player 12 Action
50 Ants Forage 1 Square North of Colony
25 Ants Evolve to Diggers
25 Ants Evolve to Foragers

EDIT:
Forage: Gather food, each ant gather's one food and then a percentage of your ants, determined by a d100 gather extra food. Ants only gather from spaces 2 squares from your colony and avoid hostile critters and ants, only one group of ants can forage at any given tile

Does this mean ants can gather up to 2 squares away, or only exactly 2 squares away?  If exactly, change all my Forage Actions above to be 2 Squares in each cardinal direction.

Also, if a player has 2 separate groups of ants forage at separate tiles, will he see the total food gained from each tile, or just total food gained altogether?

EDIT AGAIN:
Fixed my action.  Hope I got it right this time.  If I'm not allowed to Evolve twice in a single turn, then Cancel the Forager Evolve and have 75 ants forage.

you fixed it

now we are just waiting for pencil_art and hiddenleafguy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:32:44 am by fillipk »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recommend switching the food-collection bonuses of spring and summer, due to the tendency of some plants to wither and die in the summer.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18