Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47015 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #825 on: September 19, 2015, 04:32:53 pm »

Oh, on another note, our melee minions are behind the rockfall traps, right?
They are considered so, but I don't actually 'place' units until invaders arrive. Basically you I roughly follow how you want them placed until invaders arrive since there isn't much point to tracking their placement unless something is there that they'll have to fight.

And disable/reactivate traps at will or move minions past them without issue, right?
You can't disable the mechanical/physical traps, but generally speaking your minions know where the traps are so they won't trigger them. Magical traps can be disabled at will.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:35:10 pm by adwarf »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #826 on: September 19, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »

Excellent...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #827 on: September 24, 2015, 07:11:18 pm »

Day 16 to Day 17, Part 1
You spend the rest of the day, and part of the next gathering power to raise three zombies and one more sword wielding skeleton in order to prepare for what is to come. Your planned schedule that would've fully flesh out your forces is cut short though as you sense a large number of intruders entering your Domain from the direction that the humans previously came from. Casting your senses to observe these intruders you are startled to find a group of eighteen soldiers stalking through the graveyard in an orderly fashion with the melee soldiers gathered around a handful of ranged soldiers.

Observing them you find that the group is made up of ten spearmen, two swordsmen who feel of a similar power level as the Guard Captain your minions slayed, four archers, and two crossbowmen. It seems that today's battle might prove rather dangerous ...

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 24, 2015, 07:15:52 pm »

Send a giant bat high above with a bone, and have it drop the bone on one of the crossbowmen
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #829 on: September 24, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »

Start by havig our archers focus fire on their archers and crossbowmen, while our swordskellies wait behind the rockfall traps. If necessary, deploy the bats.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 24, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »

I think it is good that we moved our forces from outside... Yet I am worried that they will not rush underground and just camp here

Anyway, time to setup a defensive formation in the entrance hall

1) Put 3 zombies and the sword\buckler skeleton to delay the enemy near the staircase
2) 4 bats fly at the ceiling of the entrance hall, ready to strike from above
3) From the second line of defence from melee skeletons and illusionist mage staying right behind rockfall traps.
4) Archers and elementalist stay behind ready to provide fire support
5) Batroom force does nothing
6) Wait for the enemy to enter the dungeon
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 25, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »

I think it is good that we moved our forces from outside... Yet I am worried that they will not rush underground and just camp here

Anyway, time to setup a defensive formation in the entrance hall

1) Put 3 zombies and the sword\buckler skeleton to delay the enemy near the staircase
2) 4 bats fly at the ceiling of the entrance hall, ready to strike from above
3) From the second line of defence from melee skeletons and illusionist mage staying right behind rockfall traps.
4) Archers and elementalist stay behind ready to provide fire support
5) Batroom force does nothing
6) Wait for the enemy to enter the dungeon
+1

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 25, 2015, 04:26:55 pm »

So, which spells should our mages cast? I say that the elementalist should cast fire sparkle on the frontline troops (if it explodes, it does area damage) and that the illusionist should create an illusion between the crossbowmen and the archers. Preferably one between the ranged units and the melee ones, so that they fire at them from behind.

The bats should stay hidden and strike at the archers when they are distracted.
The elementalist could cast earth needle in case there is a really good formation and it proves difficult to break. It will force the troops to disperse somewhat.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 26, 2015, 12:17:36 am »

So, which spells should our mages cast? I say that the elementalist should cast fire sparkle on the frontline troops (if it explodes, it does area damage) and that the illusionist should create an illusion between the crossbowmen and the archers. Preferably one between the ranged units and the melee ones, so that they fire at them from behind.

The elementalist could cast earth needle in case there is a really good formation and it proves difficult to break. It will force the troops to disperse somewhat.
or heat up the ground they're standing on.
Re: You are the evo ape.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 26, 2015, 08:45:14 am »

nah, their boots would protect them from any level of heat we could likely get out of the ground at this point. They are level 0 magic users, after all.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 26, 2015, 09:40:49 am »

Some thoughts about the future:

Should we win we will get a large pile of weapons and armor loot...

I want to create an armoury room to store weapons for future use and then populate the armoury with weaponless skeletons who will have a standing order to use whatever weapons stored in the armoury while better weapons will go to elite units.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 26, 2015, 10:39:40 am »

Which should be our priority target? I say that we should kill both captains first, with plenty of arrows and magic.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 26, 2015, 12:12:14 pm »

Which should be our priority target? I say that we should kill both captains first, with plenty of arrows and magic.
+1

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 26, 2015, 12:13:05 pm »

+1
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 26, 2015, 12:30:06 pm »

nah, their boots would protect them from any level of heat we could likely get out of the ground at this point. They are level 0 magic users, after all.
Even magma heat?
Re: You are the evo ape.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57