Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47313 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #495 on: July 26, 2015, 06:14:56 am »

Think we should buy a new floor, have our bats stationed outside hidden to act as scouts and pick off escapees.
While we do that have the rest of the points be used on second floor making pointless hallways leading to nowhere and station our troops closer to our heart so theirs none on first floor.

This plan would let our bats tell us of approaching enemys while luring them through the first floor where they lower their guard due to nothing being their then they would be walking into deadends leaving them worn out for us to ambush them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:17:29 am by flazeo25 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 26, 2015, 06:25:16 am »

I feel this turn is going to go poorly.
Im concerned that some people mayu be misunderstanding what minmaxing is :/

Merely buying critters isnt minmaxing.  Trying to override established gamemechanics to get free bats might qualify, however.

The debate about short vs long-term gain is valid.  Arguing that skelingtons are monotinous is kind of jesting at the stereotypes and reality of being a necromantic force in a graveyard, but fairly valid.

Y U no choose fairy forest if monotony gets you down?
I agree. it's just that we had two turns which took quite some time due to the discussion about what to ask the Cosmic guy, and people are anxious to move on. So I sympathize. And frankly, i'd have preferred either the forest or the mechanical as our base, really :P

Think we should buy a new floor, have our bats stationed outside hidden to act as scouts and pick off escapees.
While we do that have the rest of the points be used on second floor making pointless hallways leading to nowhere and station our troops closer to our heart so theirs none on first floor.

This plan would let our bats tell us of approaching enemys while luring them through the first floor where they lower their guard due to nothing being their then they would be walking into deadends leaving them worn out for us to ambush them.
There is no point to making a second floor and leaving the First empty. None at all. Like I've said to everyone saying "add rooms, but leave them empty," empty rooms can be walked through with ease. they do nothing to increase our security. Even less than spending all our DP on zombies and going for a "win by numbers" method, which Adwarf has warned us against.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 26, 2015, 06:58:28 am »

Actually I was planning on doing things with the hallways and rooms, when I mentioned buying them. Like the fact that I wanted a medium or long hallway that acted simular to a underwater cavern, leading to another room, filled with anything to kill, or even treasure, or a dead end hallway. Things to slow down whoever makes it though our mobile defences.

Also, yes, while you do have a point that adding rooms hold a far smaller defensive value than making minions,  it still holds a value. A room that must be walked though to get to the core is still a room that must be walled though. And even empty rooms in themselves, if used correctly, can be a deathwish. What we lack to make it truely effective is enough leway and ingenuity,  or traps.

Like some really gritty and somewhat realistic animes have taught me: "A man can fight off an army, if the man is smart and the army is stupid."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 26, 2015, 08:21:35 am »

we should compromise and get a medium hallway and several bats to temporarily roost there.

and then skeles and zoms.  add the rooms 1 at a time.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 26, 2015, 09:27:13 am »

I do not understand the perceived usefulness of bats. Why do you think bats would be useful?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 26, 2015, 09:29:14 am »

Bats are the light cavalry of the undead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 26, 2015, 09:34:56 am »

Have they done anything for us?

Anything at all?

We have proved skeletons and proved zombies. We have bats already and what they have done amounts to Jack Shit.

Lets purchase units that have proved useful, once the bats prove their use, we can get more of them. But there is absolutely no reason to blow 60dp on bats and then another fuckload of DP on a room for bats that probably cannot breed in the first place.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 26, 2015, 11:08:28 am »

What hae ats had the opertunity to do to prove themselves.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 26, 2015, 11:12:27 am »

Exactly. Wait until the current bats prove themselves before blowing One Hundred And Fifteen DP On Them.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 26, 2015, 11:36:25 am »

sorry, I must have typed to fast and not looked at the resaults. Let me ask that again
When have the bats had the opertunity to prove themselves?

Spoiler: personal irritant rant (click to show/hide)

On that note, yes, maybe 100+ dp is a bit much. Why not less? Why not just get the bats themselves?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 26, 2015, 11:40:27 am »

sorry, I must have typed to fast and not looked at the resaults. Let me ask that again
When have the bats had the opertunity to prove themselves?

Spoiler: personal irritant rant (click to show/hide)

On that note, yes, maybe 100+ dp is a bit much. Why not less? Why not just get the bats themselves?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 26, 2015, 12:39:40 pm »

And thus we spend another turn just fielding more skeletons...

If we do this one more time... then we are making the bat breeding room no matter what the current situation is.

Though I'd like to count our Bat Breeding room votes... maybe we outvoted the people who want to... field more skeletons...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:41:39 pm by Neonivek »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 26, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »

What if we unlock traps? Could we get a trap room instead of a bat room?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2015, 12:43:16 pm »

Maybe we should ask if bats can breed before we get them a breeding room?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 26, 2015, 12:44:10 pm »

Maybe,,, In fact we should spend everything on traps when it is available.

But I checked... we actually have quite a few people in support of the Bat Breeding room Versus "Lets field skeletons again"

We actually either tie or outnumber them.

Maybe we should ask if bats can breed before we get them a breeding room?

We get an extra room, and a bunch of bats. In terms of having fun it is a victory.

Besides we need more bats anyhow.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:48:51 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57