Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112043 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - All the spiders
« Reply #570 on: July 09, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »

"I guess I do have the best chance of getting in and out with my life." SerCon sighed and untied his boots, sticking his pants cuffs down in them before tying them again. Then he tucked his shirt into his pants and turned his cap around so the visor wasn't over his eyes and wouldn't obscure his vision at all. Finally, he pushed his glasses up. "...Guess I'm ready whenever y'all are." He folded his knife and handed it out to Rolep, so the other guy wouldn't be completely defenseless while he had his sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 09, 2015, 12:46:20 pm »

((How are we handling venom effects?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 09, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

((How are we handling venom effects?))
((PMing the affected people the symptoms. Will probably handle differently with different poisons.))

"I guess I do have the best chance of getting in and out with my life." SerCon sighed and untied his boots, sticking his pants cuffs down in them before tying them again. Then he tucked his shirt into his pants and turned his cap around so the visor wasn't over his eyes and wouldn't obscure his vision at all. Finally, he pushed his glasses up. "...Guess I'm ready whenever y'all are." He folded his knife and handed it out to Rolep, so the other guy wouldn't be completely defenseless while he had his sword.
"You're a braver soul than I. Be careful!" HugoLuman had confidence in this plan, but was still rather worried.

Another pod opens with a hiss, and a young man walks out, disoriented.

"Mi-...Mi-What happened? Wait, English? Where am I and why can I only speak English?"

He looks and listens around.
(There's nothing in the rules about only speaking Enlgish. You can speak whatever languages you can speak.)
IcyTea sees he's inside a very clean subway train. Looking towards the front, the windows and open doors to the right show what looks like a drab and slightly run-down station.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2015, 02:29:26 pm »

Twin, not particularly minding spiders but very much minding unknown poison, has been standing around, waiting for someone to figure out a way forward that doesn't involve everyone being bitten by spiders or caught in dense webbing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2015, 02:31:47 pm »

Twin, not particularly minding spiders but very much minding unknown poison, has been standing around, waiting for someone to figure out a way forward that doesn't involve everyone being bitten by spiders or caught in dense webbing.
There seem to be two

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 09, 2015, 02:33:44 pm »

((Everyone seems to be fixated on the spider room and I can't think of any ideas for another room.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 09, 2015, 02:34:53 pm »

((I've got a few ideas, if no one else wants to do a room.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 09, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »

((English isn't my first choice for language unless I know the other person speaks it, but it would cause problems for other people if I did otherwise here. Fake edit: I considered adding a curse of monolinguism to my sheet, but that'd raise more questions than it'd answer. Just assume some sort of translation convention is in play when it comes to my thoughts.))

Tea steps outside the train.

"Hello? Is anyone out there? Anyone?", he calls out.

((Italics, no quotations: internal voice)) An abandoned metro station. This isn't normal. Rifle on my back, some device on my wrist...I wonder what it does...?

He presses a button on the device which seems most likely to be an on-button. It flickers with the class selection screen.

Class, hum? Is this a game or something? Let's see...

((I have a few ideas for rooms, but I'd rather establish myself first.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 09, 2015, 02:56:35 pm »

Brave? Not really... It's just that someone else is more likely to get hurt.

With sword in hand as a last resort, SerCon braves the room a third time for the second box.

(As for me, it's as I say. My class will probably not get too many opportunities to shine, and I think we all want the boxes. :p)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:58:41 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 09, 2015, 03:05:57 pm »

((I have a room idea.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 09, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »

((English isn't my first choice for language unless I know the other person speaks it, but it would cause problems for other people if I did otherwise here. Fake edit: I considered adding a curse of monolinguism to my sheet, but that'd raise more questions than it'd answer. Just assume some sort of translation convention is in play when it comes to my thoughts.))

Tea steps outside the train.

"Hello? Is anyone out there? Anyone?", he calls out.

((Italics, no quotations: internal voice)) An abandoned metro station. This isn't normal. Rifle on my back, some device on my wrist...I wonder what it does...?

He presses a button on the device which seems most likely to be an on-button. It flickers with the class selection screen.

Class, hum? Is this a game or something? Let's see...

((I have a few ideas for rooms, but I'd rather establish myself first.))
((If English isn't the language you'd speak out loud, probably go with your native language for that until you realize IC that other people are speaking it.))
((As a side note, the devices display in the user's written language of choice, though as GM I write things in English))

IcyTea sees a man in a greatcoat leaning into a doorway at the far corner of the room, and another person with shoulder-length hair and a grey hoodie, carrying what looks like a bo staff, standing around.

On his device, he sees a long list of classes, and a short list of recommended classes:
Infantry:
Starting ability: Provisioned: When out of ammunition, can fire an empty weapon once per room.
Vagabond: Starting ability: Hiding: A small, subtle bonus to efforts to evade personal detection
Sniper: Starting ability: Stealth shot: Once per room, a single aim-assisted shot is available while undetected.

Brave? Not really... It's just that someone else is more likely to get hurt.

With sword in hand as a last resort, SerCon braves the room a third time for the second box.

(As for me, it's as I say. My class will probably not get too many opportunities to shine, and I think we all want the boxes. :p)
Confused spiders still crawl up your legs, but on the outside of the pants this time, and don't advance far or are easily dislodged. Spiders keep crawling onto and off of the second box as you move it around with the sword, but you eventually push it back to the clear space near the door. The third box is nowhere to be seen. You notice that several spiders seem to be spinning more web around the bottom corners of the room, and some are crawling up the walls towards the ceiling.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:26 pm »

SC retreats with his prize and opens it, idly scratching at his bite.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 09, 2015, 03:34:14 pm »

Tea snickers momentarily at the idea of 'Vagabond' being a class among others, but then slaps himself for it. Homelessness is no laughing matter. He shrugs and selects 'Sniper' as his class, whatever significance that is going to have. He has always been a pretty decent marksman, maybe it will boost his skill further or something?

He calls out to the others in the room, unsure of which language they speak here, whereever here is: "Hei, te siell! Puhutteks suomee? Kan du tala på svenska? Do you speak English? Sprecht ihr Deutsch?"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:35:59 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:20 pm »

"English, if you can speak it." Twin shouts at the dutch dude.
Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:42 pm »

IcyTea realizes someone has been in the train room for a while. They are standing as far away from the door to the other room as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 189