Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112034 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - All the spiders
« Reply #555 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:40 pm »

"Me too, sort of. But I don't really learn about poisonous stuff, I mostly run the hell away from it. Them."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 09, 2015, 12:07:21 am »

SerCon rubbed his face wearily. "Well, I can give it another shot. They didn't go after me last time, and I have a potion that might help if they do. And if I don't shit my pants halfway there, that too." He stepped to the doorway and looked at all the angry spiders. "Hey now, easy. I'm not a fly. I'm just going to get some things out of your way, that's all," he said in the most soothing tones he could manage, advancing forward slowly and keeping his knife ready as he started toward the boxes. "I wonder if asking for a zombie to distract them would be a good idea, or if it would just piss them off further... That's it, see, I'm not harming anything, I'll be out of your way in just a moment."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:08:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 09, 2015, 12:09:18 am »

"Me too, sort of. But I don't really learn about poisonous stuff, I mostly run the hell away from it. Them."
"Well, do these look familiar at all?"

(They're shaped kind of like big orb weavers, not gigantic like golden orb weavers though. They've got round orangeish bodies.)
(Going to bed now. Medicine is making me highly drowsy)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2015, 02:38:56 am »

"How about we check other doors? I don't feel very comfortable with this one."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 09, 2015, 02:49:54 am »

SC swallowed his fear and did his best to stay away from the spiders while moving forward. He only needed to get one box, and then he was out. If it was worth it, they could see about the second box. If it wasn't, then it would be good he had only grabbed one.

Advance and grab the closest box, then abscond. Use class skill to calm spiders as I go, hopefully enough to ward them off until I can GTFO.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 09, 2015, 04:29:43 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 09, 2015, 09:53:16 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
(Make sure to add it to the doc. You, cheesecake, and some of our other recent joiners should probably RP arriving)

SC swallowed his fear and did his best to stay away from the spiders while moving forward. He only needed to get one box, and then he was out. If it was worth it, they could see about the second box. If it wasn't, then it would be good he had only grabbed one.

Advance and grab the closest box, then abscond. Use class skill to calm spiders as I go, hopefully enough to ward them off until I can GTFO.
Your cargo pants and boots do a good job of keeping the spiders at bay, but it's hard to concentrate your ability with so many targets, and as you reach the box, you feel a spider crawl up the inside of your pants leg. You grab the box (which fits easily within your hand) and make a break for the door back, clearing the web pile without tripping, but as you reach the exit the spider starts biting you around knee level. Fortunately, you are able to calm it, and it crawls back down out of your pants and into its room.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 09, 2015, 10:07:21 am »

SerCon grit his teeth against the pain of the bite and sat down with his box, far from the room, then rolled up his pants leg to investigate the damage. "Should've tucked the damn things into my socks..." he grumbled as touched the affected area. "Well, let's see what we got,"" he said, starting to open the box.

Investigate prize.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 09, 2015, 10:10:51 am »

The box is a sturdy little thing made of cardstock, wrapped in yellow paper with a ribbon. Upon unwrapping it, SerCon finds a sparkly key with no teeth. Engraved on the side in neat letters is "Escape x1"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:57 am »

"Huh. Hey, uh, y'all. I got a key here, but I dunno what door it opens. It's... smooth." SerCon held it up for a minute so everyone could look at it, then slid it into his shirt pocket by his work ID. It would probably come in handy. "There's still two boxes..." He turned and looked back into the room, then glanced at everyone.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 09, 2015, 10:59:26 am »

Another pod opens with a hiss, and a young man walks out, disoriented.

"Mi-...Mi-What happened? Wait, English? Where am I and why can I only speak English?"

He looks and listens around.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2015, 11:31:26 am »

"Anyone else in favor of burning the rest of the webs out? And, uh, sorry...I'd make you an antidote but I can't actually do very many Alchemist-y things right now...can't wait to level up..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 09, 2015, 11:38:03 am »

"It's all right. It just feels like the time I sandpapered some skin off my thumb," SC lied. It did burn and sting, but he wasn't going to let people worry about him. Besides, Spiderking had been bitten more times and he said he would be fine. He rolled his pants leg back down and stood. "What if burning the webs just draws them all out here, where we are?"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:38:05 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:36 am »

"Then I guess we make hasty retreat."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 09, 2015, 11:59:40 am »

"Then we stomp 'em. If they're all ground-bound, we shouldn't have a problem. I'm mostly worried about those boxes getting burned or something. Hmm...how about this. We make sure your clothing's nice and tight, I give you my sword to clear a path with, you get the boxes, and we burn the rest."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 189