Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Re: Killing spree adventure succession game - turnlist open  (Read 25581 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Killing spree adventure succession game - it's over six thousand.
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2015, 04:19:37 am »

Great! Updating turn list.
One wheel short of a wagon

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's so close to my turn. I'm just so giddy to participate in something where I get to kill thousands of innocents! And Goblins!
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile

The rushing sensation is the first thing I notice. Then a voice speaks:

"You have been assigned a great and terrible task."

I don't know where I am. I don't know who I am. I cannot say everything is dark, because I don't know what light would look like. There are no sights or sounds or sensations except a feeling, deep down inside, of tremendous speed. The voice speaks again, although I cannot hear it because there is nothing to be heard.

"This world must be purged."

Then I feel a momentous collision, a cataclysmic displacement, and everything opens up into a beautiful world with a stream and a bridge and two creatures standing near me. I know things now. I feel things now. I can see and hear and taste. There are tears in my eyes. My toes hurt. The voice lingers.

"You are not yet ready. You must travel far. Go."

I have a purpose.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

Those are some truly impressive stats! Nothing is as intimidating as a hero who's a proficient gelder, however. I was watching my friend play adventure mode, he always aimed for the lower body and was given dozens of gelding strikes... It hurt to watch. "You bash the human in the lower body with the -silver war hammer-. It is a gelding strike! The -silver war hammer- has become embedded in the wound."
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, you still used Nomotoe's adventurer, didn't you?

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, you still used Nomotoe's adventurer, didn't you?

Yep. As I said though, I had to savescum once. Bogeymen are dicks.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great! Also, if bogeymen are a problem, try waving leaves at them. Surprisingly effective.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

16th Hematite, 550

The most direct route is often the fastest. My companions abandoned me at the shore of the lake as I struck out for the opposite side. I will not miss their presence - they would most likely have objected to the course of action that now awaits me in The Warm Swamp.

Later

I swam across the lake. I am drowsy and must rest. Tomorrow I shall resume my travels to The Warm Swamp, in search of Gozru Skinscorpions. He has something that I need.

17th Hematite, 550

I climbed a tree to rest for the night but was rudely interrupted early in the morning by a quintet of bogeymen. I managed to stand up and run a few paces as they tore at me ineffectively, and when I had recovered from my drowsiness I took them as they came, beheading two and killing the rest by removing limbs and cutting flesh until they bled to death.

I climbed another tree and made sure to find a secure place on a branch before settling in for the rest of the night. At dawn, I crossed the river and moved on southeast to search out the goblin.

Later

I killed and butchered a warthog to shore up my stock of food. The elephant meat already in my pack should hold me for another few days, but carrying more meat will not slow me down at all and I may not get another good opportunity to find meat. I am heading north toward the lair of some unknown monster - if I am lucky it is Gozru's hovel.

Near Dusk

I encountered a solitary goblin lasher at a small human hamlet north-east of the lake. We carried on a pleasant conversation until he charged at me. I learned that he was a member of an army and that he was terrified of a dragon that lived to the south. He refused to speak more after I hacked into one of his lungs and eventually I tired of asking him about the surroundings (he obviously knew nothing), so I slashed him across the back and then decapitated him. I took his whip. It may come in handy.

I traveled north until night halted my advance. I must rest in another tree for the night.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, i am honestly being a dick getting in the waitlist and then jumping away every time, but... Remove me, i just cant do this.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's fine, forewarned is forearmed.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

Man... I seriously thought I was a great killer. But hell naw... Not compared to these other guys.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

This is friggin awesome. I'd love a turn but unfortunately I'm rather busy with studying. Maybe later.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, what? Only a "talented" wrestler? A dabbling kicker? A dabbling bite? An adequate striker? These are all giant problems. I must remedy them when it comes to my turn.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

I'd like a turn
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, adding.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20