Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Of Substance and Spirit - OOC thread - Signups open!  (Read 7811 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Of Substance and Spirit - OOC thread - Signups open!
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2015, 02:15:13 am »

Alright, this might take a while to get off the ground, because starting scenarios must be created. But I'm thinking of centering the action around a single area, somewhere in North North America. This is because North North America has both urban centers and vast expanses of wilderness.

North North America? What, Canada?
Greenland.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2015, 02:21:48 am »

Alright, this might take a while to get off the ground, because starting scenarios must be created. But I'm thinking of centering the action around a single area, somewhere in North North America. This is because North North America has both urban centers and vast expanses of wilderness.

North North America? What, Canada?
Greenland.
urban centers
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2015, 03:01:48 am »

Pacific Northwest's a good place, methinks. Land of the crazed and paranoid visionaries, hotspot of citizen militias, the place where people went to get as far from civilization and prying eyes as is possible within the confines of the US.

Besides, Greenland does have an urban center, Nuuk.

Although I think Iceland could be a good spot for a setting of any kind. Kind of like Minnesota, but with way more volcanoes and earthquakes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:07:32 am by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2015, 03:28:44 am »

I'm partial to new york state, or Pennsylvania, for familiarity's sake. but, whatever floats your spirit, eh?

Nuuk, Population: 16,992, largest city on greenland ... technically urban, yes ...  ::)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2015, 03:47:23 am »

Now if only anyone knew anything about Greenland aside from the fact that it's really nice-looking.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2015, 04:03:17 am »

I suppose a hefty dose of wikipediea and an hour or three with a nice atlas couldn't hurt too much.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2015, 04:07:27 am »

Indeed it couldn't, but that's not the same as actually knowing what it's like, you know? There's only so much that even a good picture tells you - part of why I've never liked taking pictures, to be honest.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2015, 04:44:55 am »

Yeah, but there's knowing Greenland IRL, and knowing Greenland in a forum game about spirits giving people special powers. God I need a new computer.

and a job

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:26 am »

I like the Lake Eerie idea. That's fairly close to me. South Canada, especially the Great Lakes Area is a lot like North US. The Great Lakes are obviously more wet and have islands, but otherwise south Canada is lots of open spaces and lots of woods, they alternate. How big of wilderness and how big of urban do you want?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2015, 09:15:58 am »

South Canada, especially the Great Lakes Area is a lot like North US.

Man, it's almost as if those two areas are adjacent to each other or something. :P

Also, how many people are being accepted? There's a lot of good characters here, so I'm not too sure about my chances of getting in if I make a sheet. I really like the setting though, it sounds interesting.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:59 am »

South Canada, especially the Great Lakes Area is a lot like North US.

Man, it's almost as if those two areas are adjacent to each other or something. :P

Also, how many people are being accepted? There's a lot of good characters here, so I'm not too sure about my chances of getting in if I make a sheet. I really like the setting though, it sounds interesting.

You'd be surprised what some people think of Canada. A lot of people think that once you cross the border the horizon is covered in moose and it rains maple syrup and that monties are wandering around looking to help old ladies cross the street.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2015, 10:50:34 am »

There aren't a terribly huge number of characters, so I'm inclined to accept all of them, though some still need some work.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2015, 12:36:31 am »

Okay, I promise I'll work on this this week. Apologies for being very slow to start up. Now, let's consider people's starting scenarios. Do these pairs converge on the area, or do they originate there? Many of their origins seem not to involve much travel, and either would be justifiable.

Final thoughts on area? It seems to have come down to either the Great Lakes or the Pacific Northwest, leaning somewhat towards the latter since we seem to have a few people who know the region. Probably Chicago or Toronto for the former, Seattle for the latter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2015, 07:47:10 am »

I don't really know much except New York and some of Pennsylvania, so no preference.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2015, 07:49:15 am »

Haven't been to the US in my life, so it ultimately makes little difference. I would prefer the Pacific Northwest, though not Seattle by any means, because screw Seattle. Portland, Oregon might be more preferable.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:52:32 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7