Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23152 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2015, 01:12:46 pm »

I scream STOP! I run over to the brown thing and examine it, try to stop the beast from eating it if it tries
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »

Argrark is very tired. He really needs rewinding right away.
Argrark tries to find the town's milling building, whether it's a water wheel or a windmill (a water wheel would be better). He tries to find the miller and ask if he could use the mill (he promises not to break anything), and says it's really very important. If he gets permission to, Argrark goes into the mill and figures out how to use it to rewind his clockwork. Hopefully there are exposed gears or something, but he could probably just stick a gear on the main drive shaft if worst comes to worst.
If he doesn't get permission, Argrark asks very nicely again. If the miller still says no, Argrark seems to be out of options. He dejectedly walks around the village, all sad and stuff. He absentmindedly tinkers with gears and things.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2015, 02:50:01 pm »

Am I sort of being carried atop a wave of hurtling kindling?  If so, let's surf!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2015, 03:52:07 pm »

Diagnose the problem with the external cameras.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2015, 05:07:40 pm »

Bite the patient to subdue it! Aim for the smaller part of the upper limb. Then remove the sphere.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2015, 01:54:54 am »

Cast the white ritual half a mile away from the town. Thank the god of GM fiat for his help.

Can I spontaneously form a heavenly oath, or do I need a priest? Do I need to swear the oath to a specific god for it to work? What are the gods of magic and knowledge in this setting, and what are they like?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2015, 09:19:19 am »

You would need either special ink and a contract or a divine being. If it's given to a god all you have to do is pray at an altar I think.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2015, 01:41:21 pm »

You would need either special ink and a contract or a divine being. If it's given to a god all you have to do is pray at an altar I think.

Shhshhshhhhhh No logic now, only GM fiat

Cast the white ritual half a mile away from the town. Thank the god of GM fiat for his help.

Can I spontaneously form a heavenly oath, or do I need a priest? Do I need to swear the oath to a specific god for it to work? What are the gods of magic and knowledge in this setting, and what are they like?

The more setup you have for it, the stronger it will be, Altars, a strong oath, written down stuff, and Having a specific god in mind all affect it's potency. Following the oath may attract the attention of the/a god in question, leading to favor, and boons.

Most gods exit in this setting in the form of a supermassive Pantheon woven together with Duplicate gods working in tandem like Branches of an office.

So Helios and Ra are both working on the whole "sun" business, along with a whole bunch of others.

This setup gives Gods lots of free time to do more fun stuff.

You can get more info by progressing down that particular path, or Conversing with Priests, paladins, monks, cultists, or particularly good historians.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:48:05 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2015, 02:58:21 pm »

Waitlist:

Name: IXX
Just what are you? (May induce a Malus): Once IXX was human, but now IXX is many... much more ... maybe. IXX not sure... IXX skin itchy - much aluminum
Primary Class: Failed? Experiment
Who is a cool character from media? (provide source): Frankenstein's Monster
Amusing Additional Malus? (Yes or No):Soaks mana from surrounding space -  yes all mana. which creates lesser Imps that appear randomly if he stays in the same place too long.
Describe your surroundings (May induce a Malus): Outside of a smoldering stone tower. IXX were inside of it earlier. looking down IXX see some letters on IXX shirt. ... IXX guess IXX name is IXX. IXX hear the cackling of an imp in the tower.
Some Starting Gear: White Coat(burnt and discoloured), single shackle with long chain on left arm(engraved with strange symbols), Ripped jute pants(burnt and discoloured), metal cap with torn wires(runed), Heavy aluminum boots

((disclaimer for picture: New Krytan is a script used in the game Guildwars 2 i do not claim anything but not choosing keen instead.))
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:33 pm »

0-The good Baron recommends that the Jamie either assists in spider slaying or absconds with all due haste!-0

The good Baron uses Prewind to summon a [hopefully more competent] future self to help against the giant spider.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bonus malus is just Yes or No now. I let it slide too much.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2015, 03:23:44 pm »

then yes.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2015, 03:31:36 pm »

then yes.

changed the General sheet to accommodate additional information like that however.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:35 am »

Shhshhshhhhhh No logic now, only GM fiat

The more setup you have for it, the stronger it will be, Altars, a strong oath, written down stuff, and Having a specific god in mind all affect it's potency. Following the oath may attract the attention of the/a god in question, leading to favor, and boons.

Most gods exit in this setting in the form of a supermassive Pantheon woven together with Duplicate gods working in tandem like Branches of an office.

So Helios and Ra are both working on the whole "sun" business, along with a whole bunch of others.

This setup gives Gods lots of free time to do more fun stuff.

You can get more info by progressing down that particular path, or Conversing with Priests, paladins, monks, cultists, or particularly good historians.
Aw. There goes my plan of getting a discount on all of my spells by swearing an oath to cast them before casting them.

How much pp, mana, and elbow grease would I get (per day) if I swore to learn from the Infinite Library, with one of the town's priests helping me with making the oath (to a specific god)?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:46:47 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2015, 10:54:49 am »

Most of that stuff is for angels and other divine class beings since they operate fully on Oath based magic. Whereas we operate on Law and Demons operate on Debt.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20