Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Rise of the (Kobold) God: My Shaman is Better Than Yours [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5742 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

I believe you should post that in the IC thread.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's fine if he posts it here too if he's looking for discussion on it, though.

Anyone who's 'thinking' about a suggestion or may edit it later, feel free to cross post if you're looking for opinions!
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I'm thinking about more things to add:

To make the ultimatum, we must first make some doubting to happen. Also, for the tribe to listen, we need to side with what they believe at first. To combine both we could make the shaman criticize the boldness of the statement of the storyteller, and suggesting that, if goods have been stolen, there there would be a lack of them. This will make the villagers or the storyteller check, and, as they dicover that they indeed lack part of them, say that we still don't know who is telling the truth. Then, we say that they have one day to prove their facts.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And then spend some influence to visit Zazi in the night's dream, showing her the location of her cache and of Uiti finding it.

Make it clear to her that this is not on and that you have every right to ensure her thumbs are taken, as Uiti is a loyal member of the tribe and you will not see her tongue taken in lieu.

Then give her an out, a way to save face; Take the cache and return to the village with it, explaining that Uiti was mistaken rather than lying - she had seen Zazi moving the food, but not as theft.  Zazi had instead been gathering it together so that the tribe could hold a feast in your honour.  This way we lose no valuable members of the tribe, rather than a liar and a thief.

And tell her that in case she's thinking about killing Uiti to get out of this, she is not the only one we have visited tonight.

Finally, tell the shaman all of this, and that if Zazi does not play ball she is to find the cache at the location - and if Zazi moves the cache before then, we'll direct the shaman to where it currently is.

What do we think of that as a course?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not really like the thing about the feast as an excuse. Too hypocrite, and may not be seeing as a good gesture by non-believers. If he says that he was just storing it in case something happened, then it would be fine. In fact, he could say that he was willing to share it with somebody in the event that that something happened. His motives were not that bad, he was just selfish, but his motives were definitely not unfounded, given the circumstances.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if I want to aim for leniency or not. It might work, since nobody was harmed and the stolen goods can be returned easily.

We don't yet have enough followers to force the issue of the shaman being the leader, and we might want to coast a bit for a few years while gaining followers. We should be able to prove Uiti innocent easily enough, without worsening tensions.

If we let them cripple Zazi, food preservation will probably take a bit of a hit. Her grudge against us would continue, and she would possibly start up an anti-us faction, but everything will ultimately continue.

If we push for leniency, say, just removing a minor finger, she might see us as less evil, or she might just see us as weak. Either way, she maintains her work rate. It would weaken lawfulness, and I don't particularly want the older crowd to see us as corrupting traditions before we've brought any immediate benefits to them.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, if the thief gives the things back on her own, there wouldn't be much reason for a harsh punishment (maybe not even a finger may be removed, maybe just some days without food or something). That's what we are aiming for.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has come to my attention that I could definitely make some better organization on the spreadsheet, and also that I should probably keep separate sheets for each turn. I'll do that tomorrow, so you'll have a bit longer voting time.

I think I may allow two days for vignettes minimum anyway, as they are meant to shape the personality of your tribe so I'd like discussion and thought time for anyone lurking on the game. Gives it more life than just numbers, yeah?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems like our peasant isn't going to do much of her own volition. Since we now have skins being wasted, I think we should send her a dream about hide working.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't we already send him a dream about fungi? We shouldn't confuse the minds of our poor kobolds. Maybe the storyteller could lean to work with leather as a means of writing or drawing stuff, and also making useful elements out of it too.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't we already send him a dream about fungi? We shouldn't confuse the minds of our poor kobolds. Maybe the storyteller could lean to work with leather as a means of writing or drawing stuff, and also making useful elements out of it too.
So we did, nevermind.

I'm just being unobservant all over the place this game.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I don't remember having voted for it either.

But you have a good point in that we have to use those skins for something. Maybe waterskins or something like that first?

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, raw skins are kind of useless as is. Raw skin tends to rot if not treated. :)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize for my absence again. We're going to count this as paused until it doesn't hurt to type for more than five minutes at a time.  :)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope you get better! Although I kinda knew that you were afflicted with that. Take care of your arm, it would be a pity for Bay12 to lose an artist.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6