Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Rise of the (Kobold) God: My Shaman is Better Than Yours [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5723 times)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to the RotKG discussion thread. From now on, please do your discussing, arguing, slapfighting, namecalling, anklebiting, shipping, waifu-ing, and general grumping towards the GM here.  ;D

I'm also going to ask that you only post once as a suggestion in the main thread; posting again saying you changed your mind makes it hard to track stuff. Just go back and edit your post (even add quotes from the future, I don't care!) if you change your mind at any point before the "now processing" post happens.

I mean, if someone doesn't I'm not gonna bite their heads off, but it's much easier to keep that stuff separated. I get distracted and drawn into conversation easily and lose track of what I've written down and what I haven't.

Please ask questions here too. I'll compile Q&A below here.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:22:21 am by variablenonsense »
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Q&A : Chatty GM is Best GM

. . . pending . . .

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Do you enjoy doing this?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What, the game or organizing things? :P

The answer to both is yeah, though. It's just been getting hard for me to keep up with everything while trying to do an update; I get caught up answering all the questions and before I know it, it's four hours later and shit I still haven't finished updating the spreadsheet. Considering it's only the third update, I thought I should go ahead and get you guys to split up discussion and actual suggestions into two different places. LOL. That way when I want to do an update I don't have to feel compelled to answer all the questions right now and can just, like, update the game.

I have a problem where I enjoy responding to everything but when I'm actively trying to get something done, that's a bit of a detriment to the amount of time I have in the day.  ::)  :D

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to get the Kobolds back to the original Dragon level?

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that's a bit of an odd question; kobolds aren't dragons. In fact, they aren't even descended from dragons; they were made by dragons much how you made dragons - when the barriers between creation, dream, and not-creation were much weaker.

Now, if you mean specifically their level of skill, whether in magic, intelligence, strength, etc; it likely would be possible to restore your followers' empire to a similar level of glory. In fact, you're not actually sure why creation's barriers are so much stronger (or if you've been following the main thread, why the strands in creation are so much rougher than those of not-creation). What happened in your absence is currently a great mystery. Even so, the mechanisms for magic et al is still very much the same.

So ... yes, in a sense. Possibly even mightier, as if you can't directly touch creation any more, you doubt any of your rivals can, which means less likelihood for them to gang up on you like spineless rats. It was only because of their close relationship with creation that they were able to come together and defeat you originally. Without that direct funnel of power, and with the fact you have no doubt your wit and cunning is much better than theirs, your 'bolds could likely create an even more glorious civilization than that of the dragons.

You just ... have a kind of a rocky start, this time. You're also totally not cocky.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to Bay12, the forum of people who like to pick up the most trivial string and imagine that is of extreme importance.

Appalled at how a few repeat offenders can be so adamant on one direction or another.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bay12? That's a staple of tabletop style games anywhere. You're always going to get people who focus on one thing and think it is the key to everything.

Sometimes, it's frustrating. Othertimes it's interesting and can take a game in a direction I never planned. Being a GM is all about being flexible - to a point - and taking things in stride while listening to players while still keeping your narrative intact.

Unless you've got players who just wanna ride a choo-choo. Or someone finally hits the wrong button and the whole game TPKs because you've had enough of their crap.  :P

No need to anyone to be salty about it though; ultimately I don't want people trying to shove their direction down everyone else's throat (it's unfair and can get annoying), but everyone is free to suggest anything they want. -shrug- That's the reason I asked everyone only post once as an official suggestion, actually. Do the grumping and parading for a cause here, sure, but the majority will be a lot easier to see in the suggestions.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I will try to not do that.

Anyway, I would like to start the first discussion: which shpere should we pick once we get 100 followers? I vote Life. Because healing is more important than killing our enemies.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

I would also vote Life as long as we teach life/death duality.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

I believe death is the sphere that allows resurrections though? Also, no going to a "duality" froggy ninja, since that'll lead to internal tensions. We want a united religion. Unity stronk.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:53:35 pm by Demonic Spoon »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

That's the point. If from the very beginning we teach that Life and Death are brothers then it'll do damage control for when we expand.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resurrecting is more about life than death, right? And the sphere of magic already covers soul manipulation to some extent, as they work on the meta-stuff, and magic, in general, is meta-stuff.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

However, you surmise that it would be quite possible for you to keep the souls alive and intact with a bit of practice handling them (as they're quite delicate). You would likely accidentally damage or destroy a few of them, but after that you could hold them. Necromancy has never been attempted in this existence, making you the first god to consider it. You believe that with proper training in the art of manipulating bodies (magic affinity: flesh), one of your children could tie a soul back into the body.

Possibly whether or not that body belonged to the soul in the first place.

You gain insight into sphere: Death. It is not yours, but you are forming the concept of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6