Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Question: Conquistador  (Read 55025 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Experimental] Question: Officially insane
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2015, 01:46:41 pm »

Investigate my surroundings.  Search for anything that could be useful.  Hide behind my chair if I hear someone approaching.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2015, 06:11:23 am »

The Airplane

Calm myself down, and try to find something to suck the venom out with.

[calm: 6] You are calm like ancient glacier.

But seriously there's nothing that can help you with the venom.

The City in Dark

I'm so sorry about threatening you, it's just kind of shocking to suddenly be in the dark, hehe. But guys like us have to stick together at a time like this, would you please tell me what happened to you.
Take my hand out of my pocket, and try and calm the man down.
"S-sure, I understand.  S-sorry if I seem nervous, it's just been a very long and very strange day.  I was on a train ride to a security conference when all of a sudden the train stopped and the lights went out.  I felt around and found that all the people in the train were dead, reduced to skeletons!"

"Somehow, the train had been transported to a cave filled with poisonous snakes.  We've got to find a way out of here!"

Try to calm down.  ((Is there any need to eat or drink in this game?  Should we get supplies?))

You want me to roll for this? Really? Okay.

[Nathaniel calming: 6] Nathaniel delivers powerful uppercut into Eddie's jaw knocking him out. That sure calms him down.
[Eddie calming: 6] Yup. Calm and out in cold. Neurological damage caused by that punch gave you nerves of steel. Nothing shakes you anymore.

((If you are planning to go on longer excursions, which are very possible, you do want to get something. I probably will handwave as long as you have something to eat. Easier for me that way. But food and water may be easy to acquire anyway as long as you aren't very picky.))

Engraved cave

"Hey! I've written a few of these... Wilson... Being the great sage of the nether realms, do you know anything about this? It looks like a code.. Maybe encrypted!"

Joe glances around the cave and whispers "But who put it here? Maybe it was the transylvanian mountain lizards! I didn't think they could get me here!!!"

Roll to ask Wilson for some knowledge. Pull away as much of the Moss as possible so we can see the whole thing.

((Wish I had some paper and a pen, will have to improvise.))

[Wilson: 1] "Figure it out by yourself. I'm not your handy translator."

What moss? There's no moss covering any engravings. Just darkness, which is a plenty. So I assume you want to follow the wall further in.

So, you proceed further into the cave following the engraved wall. The floor is a small roller coaster by having lots of hills, and in few low points you see ponds of dirty water. And rabbits.

[Forbidden knowledge: 6] Eventually you find a spot where engraved text is less insane. It contains references to ocean, deserts, dogs, nascent godlings and divine mandates.
((What's with these extremes?))

Glowing tunnel 2

Hobble forth on the trail of Joe.

Climbing up the hill towards light chasm ain't your favourite trip, but man have to do what man have to do.

The chasm is quite much like the previous tunnel with gold veins, namely glowing with unseen lightsource. Floor is asphalt with plenty of glass shards and embedded foot tracks coming from back of this tunnel. 50 meters in you see a soft chair in middle of the tunnel.

[spot: 3 vs 2] There seems to be a kid standing behind the chair.

Investigate my surroundings.  Search for anything that could be useful.  Hide behind my chair if I hear someone approaching.

Asphalt floor, glass shards, a chair. Glass shards are too small to be useful in any sense, except if you have a handful of them, then they make excellent throwing weapon. Might hurt your hands if you aren't careful enough.

Another man enters into the tunnel from same direction as the crazy one did. This one is big and very muscular. He's wearing sunglasses, brown robe like monks in movies. He also has hairstyle like those monks, bald on top but hair growing freely from sides. His goatee doesn't match with the hair, however.

[Hiding: 2 vs 3] He doesn't look inherity dangerous as much as funny with his mismatched appearance so you kind of just stand behind the chair.

Harry Baldman - Brother Marcel
Flying Dice - Jack Fenway
HavingPhun - Joe Smith
Megggas - Sonny D Rasberi
Nunzillor - Eddie Johnson
Urist McCoder - Nathaniel C. Jameson
wipeout1024 - Martita Sanchez-Rios
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2015, 07:15:03 am »

(Sorry about this I have no choice from an ic perspective)
slit his throat with one of my knives, leave the knife next to the body and search the body.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2015, 07:53:18 am »

((Can I try to use the catheter?))
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2015, 08:38:19 am »

((Can I try to use the catheter?))
Maybe. Depends on how you do want to use it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2015, 08:54:41 am »

Try to use the catheter, to suck out the venom from my leg.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2015, 09:34:00 am »

"Yo, kid! What's shakin'?" Brother Marcel asks, waving his one free arm in the air. "Have ya heard the good news?"

Nunzillor

« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2015, 11:13:48 am »

Wake up!  Run away!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2015, 08:42:25 am »

"Yo, kid! What's shakin'?" Brother Marcel asks, waving his one free arm in the air. "Have ya heard the good news?"

Sonny timidly peaks out from behind his chair.
"Um...no?  What good news?  Are you a bad guy or a good guy?"

If the monk does anything aggressive, run.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:20:16 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »

((I think of Joe as a guy who is quite unhinged, and is prone to all kinds of bizarre thoughts and actions. Being fairly unpredictable. I mean, he talks to a dog, and a shining crystal. Though perhaps I am overdoing it a bit.))

Try to decipher the madness if possible, see if there are any patterns, if it might be a code, or just plain insanity.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2015, 06:39:38 am »

(Bump)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2015, 09:40:21 am »

(Bump)

So hasty.

The Airplane

Try to use the catheter, to suck out the venom from my leg.

[First aid: 5] Left alone with dead murdered and couple of corpses you are completely on your own. You know it is probably futile effort but you have to do everything you can in order to remain alive and to do... something. Anything. You put one end of the catherer on bite marks, other into your mouth and suck as hard you can. You suck out lots of dark blood and what probably is the venom.

Theoretically it is slightly better now, but considering amount of tingling in the area it still far from done. At best you have bought yourself more time.

The City in Dark

(Sorry about this I have no choice from an ic perspective)
slit his throat with one of my knives, leave the knife next to the body and search the body.

New skill: Knife handling: [3] Hobbyist
This knife appears to quite dull and it fails at cutting his throat. I does however cause a bleeding cut which might end his life within hour or so. Too bad.

He doesn't really have much in his posession. Three pens, calculator watch, PDA and a laptop.

Suddenly he rolls, jumps up and starts running towards city lights. Quite impressive feat for a fat man.

Wake up!  Run away!

[5] You suddenly snap awake. Sharp sensations flood your mind and with great clarity you understand gravity of your situation. Pain and wet feeling on your throat. The man feeling your pockets. Bloody knife in his hand. Situation is clear and so is preferred course of action. You roll around as fast as fat man can, push yourself up and start running towards the city, holding bleeding wound on your neck.

Engraved cave

((I think of Joe as a guy who is quite unhinged, and is prone to all kinds of bizarre thoughts and actions. Being fairly unpredictable. I mean, he talks to a dog, and a shining crystal. Though perhaps I am overdoing it a bit.))

Try to decipher the madness if possible, see if there are any patterns, if it might be a code, or just plain insanity.

[Forbidden knowledge: 3] Hard to tell. You spot those words only because they were engraved slightly deeper than other words. It could be a code, but chances of plain old insanity is still quite high.

Glowing tunnel 2

If the monk does anything aggressive, run.

He does nothing aggressive.

Harry Baldman - Brother Marcel
Flying Dice - Jack Fenway
HavingPhun - Joe Smith
Megggas - Sonny D Rasberi
Nunzillor - Eddie Johnson
Urist McCoder - Nathaniel C. Jameson
wipeout1024 - Martita Sanchez-Rios
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2015, 09:56:33 am »

"Baddest motherfucker there is, my son. And the good news is, He has risen!"

Brother Marcel laughs for a good, long moment, his evangelical knock-knock joke having found its target.

"Anywho, are you from the town back there? You don't look like one o' them subcontinental types."

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2015, 10:00:46 am »

Why do they always run?
pull out my pistol and shoot the guy in the back

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile