Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!  (Read 11190 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 12:06:08 pm »

So, just hit 1600 before the game ended today. It seems that unlike what the text of the faq suggests, you don't earn multiple cards staying in a single game. Some have apparently gained their 3 cards by joining different games, which really isn't how it is written to work.

I got a second card reporting the sale game

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 12:43:45 pm »

I've gotten three cards in the same game two days in a row.

That's actually the nice thing about the game, you'll be able to complete the summer sale badge without spending a dime this year.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 01:08:52 pm »

On the page where you click play or resume game it claims I've earned 6 cards, but I haven't gotten any of them.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 01:43:03 pm »

On the page where you click play or resume game it claims I've earned 6 cards, but I haven't gotten any of them.

Your account level is probably too low.  In a previous major sale, the threshold was set to L8 or L10... once you clear that, you'll get all the cards you've earned so far this sale.  If you have cards laying about to make badges (sell some to complete others), you can probably clear the bar without spending any of your own cash.  If you have to spend more than a buck or two, it'll probably be a net loss.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 02:00:39 pm »

Has anyone else had the text of the tooltips over the upgrades randomly changed to Japanese?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »

Has anyone else had the text of the tooltips over the upgrades randomly changed to Japanese?
Mine changed to German at one point.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 02:26:30 pm »

I got Spanish once. It also changes the critical hit text.

3. Run Resize Enable

defeeca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2015, 05:33:43 pm »

If anyone wonders heres lvl 2000 boss
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
edit: level 4000 boss is the same
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:56:56 am by defeeca »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

Weird card fuckery confirmed, had to leave the leading game and join a new game to get a new trading card, looks like gonna have to do it again in a little while to get third.

As long as you do it right after a boss kill it seems you are good (as long as steam server doesn't shit itself).  As a bonus, you can load up on gold rain and critter killers, which is basically what the clicker game consists of right now as passive dps is shit this high.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2015, 10:43:06 am »

Is it just me, or have none of the sales unlocked so far been for games worth buying? Especially the third milestone for the Abilities Activated one, people really pulled through for that "Zombies RPG Survival" tag set, then it turned out to be a discount on a shitty $5 indie title.

3. Run Resize Enable

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2015, 11:09:25 am »

Not a lot of especially decent ones but there have been a few. King's Bounty:Darkside and Evoland are two that I was already interested in that were unlocked today and Julia looks interesting.

Also looking at the numbers on the clicking unlocks for the upcoming day, I think they have noticed the preponderance of useage of autoclickers.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2015, 11:25:24 am »

I snagged Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal for a $1.50 on one of the earlier discounts. It's actually a pretty decent game. But other than that... yeah... nothing particularly decent.

Also, apparently I should actually be clicking, judging by the clickity-click set of goals? I've just been completely ignoring click-damage. It's just such a low amount of damage in general that when you add it to the monster health it's basically noise.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »

Is it just me, or have none of the sales unlocked so far been for games worth buying? Especially the third milestone for the Abilities Activated one, people really pulled through for that "Zombies RPG Survival" tag set, then it turned out to be a discount on a shitty $5 indie title.
I don't really think Steam would risk sales by having a really popular game have to be unlocked in order to be discounted.

At any rate, I also picked up Creeper World Sim and was debating grabbing a couple other ones.
Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2015, 01:06:55 pm »

Not a lot of especially decent ones but there have been a few. King's Bounty:Darkside and Evoland are two that I was already interested in that were unlocked today and Julia looks interesting.

Also looking at the numbers on the clicking unlocks for the upcoming day, I think they have noticed the preponderance of useage of autoclickers.
No kidding. Even at 90ms/click (fastest speed I can get that works), I barely even made a scratch to that.

EDIT:
Maybe not accurate, but if I were to dedicate my efforts alone doing my 90ms/click rate, the top-level would take up to 2500000 hours of that to achieve. ((10^11 * 0.09) = (9 x 10^9)/60 = (1.5 x 10^8)/60 = (2.5 x 10^6)/24 = 104166.667 days). So I guess 2.5 million 90ms/clickers would take an hour to get it done; but I don't think the servers would handle that kind of magnitude.

EDIT EDIT:
Recalculated it at a different angle. If in 1 hour I were to keep at it, it would total to:
((1h x 60m x 60s x 1000ms) = (3.6x10^6)ms or 3600000ms / 0.09Cms = (4 x 10^7)CPH or 40,000,000 CPH (Clicks per hour)

E*3 RECALCULATED:
Code: [Select]
Grand total =  100,000,000,000C     (10^11)
90ms/C in an hour =     40,000C (4 x 10^4)
10^11 (GT) / 4 x 10^4 (Single 90ms/C) = 2,500,000 (2.5 x 10^6) people doing this simultaneously to get it done in an hour.

I already contributed my hour of service at those rates. 2499 2,499,999 more to go. :P I kinda got lost in my math, so I may be off by a digit. Anyone willing to check my work?

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Wolframmed it (1 hour divided by 90 milliseconds), and I got 40,000 clicks per hour. Oops. Might take much more effort than I previously quoted (understated, of course). I knew I was a tad off, but wow. Instead of 2500 people, make that more like 2,500,000 of them doing 90ms/C for an hour each. Actually, it just checked my first answer, and I was right the first time around. Let's hope the prize is worth the concentrated effort.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I'm curious, what would be the most efficient mean/median USER:HOUR ratio doing this to get it done with as few people necessary? (Because we're all lazy.)

I know there's a formula to figure this out, but my brain's not quite up to scratch to figure it out right now. I just have a feeling though that maybe 6 hours per-person will have the most (realistically) efficient markup effort-wise. It would end up requiring less than 500,000 people easy to accomplish the task at that rate (powten(11) / (6 * 40000) = 416666.667 according to the Windows Calculator). Simplified formula, so far, to base off of: 2500000/x, x = hours per-user (limit to time left before reset)

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
It looks like they changed things around. It's no longer 100,000,000,000 anymore, but now 15,000,000,000 (was wondering why it spiked so suddenly. I thought Reddit or something got a hold of the math). That'll save a crap-ton of hassle for everyone.

Now then, it'll take us 15B / 40k = 375k users (instead of the 2.5M previously) to clear the objective in an hour, at my rate, and far more reasonable numbers, the more hours invested per-user. Would've been neat to coordinate a mass effort like that though; although it could crash the servers.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:11:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 01:10:29 pm »

Looks like you can basically no longer join friends games (games that started 10 minutes ago), so guess the weird leave/rejoin and stock up on insta-gibbers every time exploit thing is gone.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4