Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 12479 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2015, 04:14:59 pm »

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.
New XCom..?
Theres a thread full of crappy posts and arguments hype and arguments thats been going on since before the announcement video.
It's a hypethread. What else would you expect? (What's even funnier is that it feels like a carbon copy of the early Enemy Unknown thread)

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2015, 08:32:34 pm »

I saw it back on the first day but there's a melee class and one that specializes in using this drone that can hack turrets and stuff. New aliens include a serpentine one. (Think naga, except more snakelike).

Unfortunately, I haven't actually played any from the new generation, so I can't give a more insightful comparison, but it looked solid.

General story is that the aliens won, the line fed to humanity is that the humans were the aggressors and, after dealing with the aggression, have generously decided to forgive and aid humanity. Based on some of the promo materials, it looks like that they're offering gene therapies (for free!) but it's actually turning humans into alien sleeper agents.

Edit: In other news, I need to brush off my scanner. ;_;
Spoiler: Huge image. (click to show/hide)
`
This some sort of ARG?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »

That was the announcement AR"G". It was supposed to be essentially an ad site for some kind of society, that was being hacked by something/someone - later revealed to be XCom. Was no actual game part, though. In the end, it was really just a cool way to announce XCom 2.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2015, 11:43:01 pm »

That was the announcement AR"G". It was supposed to be essentially an ad site for some kind of society, that was being hacked by something/someone - later revealed to be XCom. Was no actual game part, though. In the end, it was really just a cool way to announce XCom 2.

It's a brochure for a medical facility in XCom 2. The aforementioned: "Based on some of the promo materials, it looks like that they're offering gene therapies (for free!) but it's actually turning humans into alien sleeper agents." (Okay, strictly speaking, it's based on promo materials and the presentation.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2015, 11:53:27 pm »

As a side note, the molecule drawing in the brochure is... interesting:
-There are not one but six hydrogen atoms bonded to two other atoms, which should be a very bad sign.
-That nitrogen atom is some kind of very odd radical.
-What are cobalt and vanadium doing in there?

Yeah, forget alien DNA splicing. If that molecule exists, you're living in le wrong dimension.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2015, 12:17:06 am »

The molecule was part of the hints leading up to the reveal. If you take the red letters and combine them with some that showed up in other parts of the ARG, they can be unscrambled to spell Vigilo Confido.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2015, 12:23:58 am »

It's a brochure for a medical facility in XCom 2. The aforementioned: "Based on some of the promo materials, it looks like that they're offering gene therapies (for free!) but it's actually turning humans into alien sleeper agents." (Okay, strictly speaking, it's based on promo materials and the presentation.)

Not to start a petty argument, but it's more like a worldwide empire/civilization/society ruled by aliens, as shown by pretty much the whole site, the reveal trailer, and the developers.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2015, 02:20:09 am »

As a side note, the molecule drawing in the brochure is... interesting:

I was actually wondering about that too; I chalked it up to bad stock photography though. Good to know it's intentional and not just ordinary incompetence. XD
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2015, 08:25:55 am »

The molecule was part of the hints leading up to the reveal. If you take the red letters and combine them with some that showed up in other parts of the ARG, they can be unscrambled to spell Vigilo Confido.
But how about those weird hydrogens? You can't explain that!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]