Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 12476 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2015, 06:25:12 pm »

Horizon Zero Dawn: Awesome
The main character was offering an obnoxious level of self-commentary, and it's not even funny like Nathan Drake's. The gameplay itself doesn't seem to offer much of anything new when it comes to action games. Setting looks unique, but I doubt they'll use it well.

Can't wait for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! I'm gonna get Ground Zeroes at the same time and play the whole thing as one massive game.
You'll get exclusive DLC for Phantom Pain if you own Ground Zeroes.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2015, 07:57:09 pm »

I just realized, a bunch of stuff that I'm actually excited for is stuff that wasn't even mentioned in the press conferences.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »

In far more important news: NEW NIER ANNOUNCED, ALSO AN ACTUAL SEQUEL, HOPEFULY MADE BY CAVIAFORGOT CAVIA DISBANDED IT'LL BE MADE BY PLATINUM GAMES AND FULL OF DEPRESSING WEAPON STORIES
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:06:45 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2015, 08:14:17 pm »

Isn't Nier based on that game where the ending had you flying in a circle around some giant... guy... and it was basically a rhythm game, and then...
You know what, just no.

By the way, what the hell was up with that giant pregnant woman with the giant black bellybutton spike thing?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2015, 08:29:08 pm »

Isn't Nier based on that game where the ending had you flying in a circle around some giant... guy... and it was basically a rhythm game, and then...
You know what, just no.

I'm quite sure it was the game where for all your hard work you could see your character and his dragon getting shot by a pair of japanese fighter jets and every ending in New game + gets progressively worse.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2015, 08:32:30 pm »

You know what, just no.

By the way, what the hell was up with that giant pregnant woman with the giant black bellybutton spike thing?

Do you really want an answer to that?
If you do, I can give it but it might take a while.

In far more important news: NEW NIER ANNOUNCED, ALSO AN ACTUAL SEQUEL, HOPEFULY MADE BY CAVIAFORGOT CAVIA DISBANDED IT'LL BE MADE BY PLATINUM GAMES AND FULL OF DEPRESSING WEAPON STORIES

I am both sort-of excited and also apprehensive, even though they got Taro Yoko as director.
Nier has one of the best stories in video games, but the ending is also one of the most conclusively closed in video games; I don't see how a sequel really can fit in, or make sense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since Platinum is working on so many games simultaneously right now, I assume Nier 2 is going to be a "Korra" type project, something cheap on the side.
Regardless, we can only hope, dream, toil and flail.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:18 pm »

You know what, just no.

By the way, what the hell was up with that

Yes, Nier is a spin-off of the Drakengard series, of which both the first and third game had rhythm games in the final ending. I was never able to beat either, and found it extremely frustrating.

However, these games offer much more than just frustrating endings. They tell the story of a world spiraling inexorably towards total destruction, and the story of would-be heroes who are utterly powerless to save the world so instead they just try to save what they can, even knowing that any victories they achieve will ultimately prove Pyrrhic. If you're someone who enjoys tragic stories of despair, and edgy sub-stories full of dark demented individuals committing horrendous acts of brutality, then you really must take the time to get invested in Drakengard and Nier.

I was not sure if the story would continue after developer commentary following Drakengard 3, so I am very happy to hear that Nier 2 has been announced.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »

I finally got around to sifting through the recap of PS4's presentation.

'Life is Strange' looks like it would make a better movie than a game...still, I'll probably get it.

'Star Ocean:IaF' has me hyped, as a big fan of the previous games.

FF7 remake...I wasn't much of a fan of the original, but remake looks like it could be acceptable. Clearly the graphics will get a total overhaul, I only hope the story gets the same treatment.

World of FF, I'm not a fan of games designed for portable systems that try to make it on real consoles at the same time...still, looks like it could be decent.

"FF Portable App' I loved Triple Triad back in the day. For that alone I'm looking forward to this.

'Kingdom Hearts 3' it's nice to finally see some gameplay and storyline-related cinematics, both of which look solid.

'KH Unchained' I'm always looking for new games I can play on my phone.

'Dragon Quest Heroes' I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors spinoff yet that I didn't enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:54:06 pm by Folly »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2015, 02:11:07 pm »

Some of my highlights when I was at E3...

Untangled (published by EA) is a delight of a platform puzzler; beautiful scenery and audio. They got sort of shoved in the corner by EA, but they still got attention which was good.
XCom looked solid, but the post-kill chatter was kind of annoying.
Most of the Nintendo properties were as you could expect: well made but nothing particularly novel.
Gameplay of Lego Dimensions is more or less the same as their other games, but you now have one of those Skylanders/Disney stands, and it's a lot more complex. Position on the stand actually matters, and you'll have to adjust it in gameplay.

The costume for the Ubi hired for Assassin's Creed looked awesome.
Star Fox line on the last day closed at 10:03. The hall officially opened at 10:00.
Natsume has super cute plushies.

Also cannot in good conscience endorse the Hot Pocket breakfast bites. In response to the girl hawking them, I gave a cheerful generic, "Nice! How are they?" greeting... and got back an "Erm-- try it and see how you like them!" back. (My sister, on the other hand, couldn't identify the flavor of hers...)

>EA thinks anyone cares about sports
>MINIONS GAME
F2P, freemium mobile Minions game that looked like garbage no less.

Oh yeah, it's garbage. The exact name of the genre now escapes me, but it's one one of those community builder/resource manager types. (Of course, if you don't want to wait 10 hours for the lawn to get mowed, you can just pay 2$...) Pretty, and they gave out punch in polished coconut shells though. Got a pile sitting on my kitchen counter now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:21:13 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2015, 02:18:45 pm »

I don't think the genre has a name, actually. Though in play store reviews I've seen people claim they're rts games (pls no), or clash of clans clones.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2015, 03:38:01 pm »

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.
New XCom..?
Black lives matter.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2015, 03:43:25 pm »

New XCom..?
Did the XCOM 2 thread floating around the subforum not tip you off? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »

New XCom..?
Theres a thread full of crappy posts and arguments hype and arguments thats been going on since before the announcement video.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »

I remember it was mentioned on the Enemy Unknown thread but I didn't realize there was gameplay yet.
Now, if you'll excuse me...
Black lives matter.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2015, 04:12:42 pm »

I saw it back on the first day but there's a melee class and one that specializes in using this drone that can hack turrets and stuff. New aliens include a serpentine one. (Think naga, except more snakelike).

Unfortunately, I haven't actually played any from the new generation, so I can't give a more insightful comparison, but it looked solid.

General story is that the aliens won, the line fed to humanity is that the humans were the aggressors and, after dealing with the aggression, have generously decided to forgive and aid humanity. Based on some of the promo materials, it looks like that they're offering gene therapies (for free!) but it's actually turning humans into alien sleeper agents.

Edit: In other news, I need to brush off my scanner. ;_;
Spoiler: Huge image. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:20:57 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12