- 3 (20%)
- 4 (26.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 3 (20%)
Something else (post in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 92

Author Topic: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC - Might be getting a new GM!  (Read 86890 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Sword Art Online RPG - OOC and Interest Check
« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2015, 01:25:57 pm »

But then we don't get to pull out SUPAH SEKKRIT TEKNIKS in the middle of a battle, especially when they could have been used beforehand to save lifes.
You're a Kayaba fan, not a Kiriririririto fan. :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 09, 2015, 01:27:19 pm »

Lol he's coming at me with a knife in the middle of a fight. It's more likely then thinking he's coming to heal me.
Okay, but. Your guildmate. Why would you think your guildmate would be coming to kill you? It's illogical.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 09, 2015, 01:28:17 pm »

Yep. The guy, who has no reason to kill you, has been your ally for five floors, and is a GREEN player would certainly risk himself getting gibbed by the rest of the guild to kill one guy. :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2015, 01:29:08 pm »

But then we don't get to pull out SUPAH SEKKRIT TEKNIKS in the middle of a battle, especially when they could have been used beforehand to save lifes.
You're a Kayaba fan, not a Kiriririririto fan. :P
System Over-Assist, or whatever it was called.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »

Sure, did you not watch SAO it happened a few times.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 09, 2015, 01:47:15 pm »

Has Bradley seen SAO? No. Is Bradley legitimately stupid enough to think it would actually happen except in Laughing Coffin or some shit? I hope not.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2015, 01:48:22 pm »

Still, Bob would be pretty easy to pick out.

Going after one guy, against a ton of non-human enemies- unless we're going up against Laughing Coffin or something- and said guy happens to be at the front, where the nearest character, likely either Aurelius, Tzouboi or Shiina, can two shot kill him in revenge, or kill him before he kills Bradley period.

Yeah, totally worth.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »

Dear god that's a lot of OOC.

Ok, I'm going to write up the turn as soon as I can.

As for the discussion about the American server: I actually have a basis for this. I've read the light novels. Early on, it is mentioned that for whatever reason, the game's official language is English. Why would that be if it wasn't released anywhere but Japan?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2015, 02:45:11 pm »

To give an excuse as to why the readers can understand everything without there being English translations everywhere?
But really. If only 10,000 people were able to get SAO there is no way you're telling me that Kayaba paid enough to ship them overseas.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2015, 02:46:20 pm »

To give an excuse as to why the readers can understand everything without there being English translations everywhere?
But really. If only 10,000 people were able to get SAO there is no way you're telling me that Kayaba paid enough to ship them overseas.
The guy gets literal millions of Yen a year and has the contacts and connections to pull it off. He probably did.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

Edit:What Elf said.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

But then we only hear about people in Japan being unresponsive and being moved to the hospital and all that, even from probable national news networks.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2015, 02:56:30 pm »

It makes sense that Japan would get the most coverage, being the place where the game was most hyped and developed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2015, 03:17:16 pm »

Dear god that's a lot of OOC.

Ok, I'm going to write up the turn as soon as I can.

As for the discussion about the American server: I actually have a basis for this. I've read the light novels. Early on, it is mentioned that for whatever reason, the game's official language is English. Why would that be if it wasn't released anywhere but Japan?
English is the best option if he was trying to attract an international playerbase to the national-level launch of his deathgame. Even if he only had Japanese players, it wouldn't be difficult to find 10k who could speak English fairly well. This gives him the benefit of getting a bunch of foreign nationals as players (increased diversity and cultural friction, increased media attention) without having to do the massive amount of work he'd need if he wanted to support players around the world as opposed to just in Japan.

Simply put, it makes more sense that there were gamers hyped enough about the first total-immersion VR game that they were willing to move to Japan (at least for a couple months) to play it than that there were foreign servers whose players lives mattered so little that they weren't included in the 10k number, weren't covered by the media at all, and didn't even warrant Kayaba's personal touch.

Remember, Japanese media have no particular reason to be Amero-centric, folks. Be careful that you aren't projecting your own cultural assumptions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2015, 03:20:28 pm »

In addition, a quick PSA: There are not that many American people in Japan regardless.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 92