Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76625 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2015, 12:58:06 am »

Unvote Flabort- Flabort, I want to see you pursuing a case on somebody. No more of this vote unvote stuff, enough has happened by now that you should be suspicious of somebody. Consider this a warning that I've got my tiny, beady eyes on you.

Cheeetar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pfffft. OSG, if you think I'm worth voting for because of all my 'rolefishing', just do it. Jeeze. In fact- why aren't you voting for me? Your reads post presents me as making an immense amount of rolefishing questions, yet you don't think you should vote for me until you look at everyone else. Why is that?

Everybody: Here's a solution to NQT saying 'lynch me or Persus13'- don't do either. Just don't lynch them. NQT's obviously trying some sort of wacky gambit (I thought better of him!) and Persus13 may or may not be scum but we should base that off what he's posting and not what NQT says. Lynching either would be cutting the gordian knot, but it'd also waste a day and this is a knot we don't know if we need undone just now.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2015, 01:36:38 am »

EVERYBODY
Yes, I mean you too

I want Persus dead today. I'm not giving you any more reason than that. Either you lynch me, or you lynch Persus. Make your decision. Who do you trust?

There can only be one.
@_@
Err, NQT, do note that despite the actions and interactions you're displaying now...note that some people (well, me, as I can only speak for myself here ._.) do...and would pretty much understand you because of your disclaimer of intent.
One of things I've decided to trial out in this game is Secret Doctrine. My rationale for voting and my list of suspicions is best kept hidden to begin with, to avoid tipping off the scum. I'll be moving in mysterious ways. I may explain myself in later days.

On that note, let's lynch Persus13.

Don't be afraid to sheep my vote, it's golden.
:D
Which I believe you're acting as such in order to get pretty much everyone's interaction with how you'd act in turn (when I pretty much believe such a gesture of intent is pretty town-y. Or you're crazy, silly, awesome, and a third-party, but that's still not warranting a point of vote from me :v)

Though what really pokes me is the feel of 'omg NQT is lyncher' by how you singled out any particular person (not of any significant merit in my eye, due to how early it is), aaaand...well, the follow-up isn't that polished (if its merely an interaction-hook), but it is very intriguing.
I just came back from camping! I was hiking 87 miles with some friends, camping along the way. It was great! No mosquitoes though, because I live in a civilised country.
*HISS* :I
Spoiler:  I: (click to show/hide)

Err, to borrow words on what I think of ya:
NQT's thing feels like NQT, not a jester version of him.
I don't think JesterNQT. :P I think 'Plainclothes Newbie Cop-Detective Man, but very intriguing that it isn't apparently obvious in the first place!'

This shoud've been posted hours ago. Then I realize I got PPE'd after shifting to a new tab. Hooray.

Will get real post soonish.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2015, 01:46:08 am »

I don't think JesterNQT. :P I think 'Plainclothes Newbie Cop-Detective Man, but very intriguing that it isn't apparently obvious in the first place!'

Tiruin, why are you as town comfortable revealing to everybody that you think NQT is a detective?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2015, 02:02:12 am »

Unvote Flabort- Flabort, I want to see you pursuing a case on somebody. No more of this vote unvote stuff, enough has happened by now that you should be suspicious of somebody. Consider this a warning that I've got my tiny, beady eyes on you.
OK, I can leave my vote on NQT to please you and show my name on the list, but I don't have a vote right now.

To clarify: my last vote-unvote was not for the purposes of my initial vote-unvotes, the very last one was because I don't actually have a vote right now.

I did say who and why I am suspicious of in my last post in this thread.

:P :P And why are your eyes so tiny and beady? Are you a penguin or stuffed animal or something? A stuffed penguin? No, wait, a pocket cock. Seriously, though, don't tell me, I don't want to be accused with fishing again! :P :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2015, 02:04:54 am »

Tiruin, why are you as town comfortable revealing to everybody that you think NQT is a detective?
Oh! Sorry for that. It's an analogy and not a Mafia-originated impression. Analogy as in I think he's busy checking reactions and interpretations (and maybe just being silly because his role may be pretty silly too).
I don't think he's a detective as in literally a detective. I used an analogy to describe his attitude (which it seems didn't come off well here).

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2015, 02:44:15 am »

TheDarkStar: My questions.  Answer them.

OSG: Nobody wants to see post-by-post wall analysis.  You made a formatting error, by the way, shoving flabort and Dorsidwarf's names into the Asmoth spoiler.
Regarding the comments on BMC's replacement request, it is a coincidence.  We do not question claims about offline problems.

What do you consider to be the good points Deus brought up in the second-to-last quoted post in his section?

I'm the #1 unlynchable NQT
I'm the exception to the appeal to authority
Persus is the worstest and that is a fact
If it wasn't then you wouldn't be hearing this rap

NQT: This hurts even in text form.

As for Persus13 v. NQT...

*Persus13's behaviour so far is, aside from the lack of questions, pretty much normal for town him, based on a look back through his other recent games.  I do want to hear from him about the lack of questions, and I await his answer.

*You don't seem like a Jester.  You do seem like you, town or scum.  You are the sort of person who, as town, would pull out a plan like the Excessively Secret Doctrine and Thunderdome.  You are also the sort of person who, as scum, would bank on the whole "scum me wouldn't be so reckless" thing to get away with getting the pro-scum aspects of the Doctrine.  Still, the high risk does give you a slight towniness boost.

If I had to pick between the two for a lynch, I'd pick Persus13, but neither is great even by D1 standards.  Still, I've been writing Mafia posts for several hours now, it's late, and I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2015, 01:31:02 pm »

Cheeetar

Pfffft. OSG, if you think I'm worth voting for because of all my 'rolefishing', just do it. Jeeze. In fact- why aren't you voting for me? Your reads post presents me as making an immense amount of rolefishing questions, yet you don't think you should vote for me until you look at everyone else. Why is that?

Everybody: Here's a solution to NQT saying 'lynch me or Persus13'- don't do either. Just don't lynch them. NQT's obviously trying some sort of wacky gambit (I thought better of him!) and Persus13 may or may not be scum but we should base that off what he's posting and not what NQT says. Lynching either would be cutting the gordian knot, but it'd also waste a day and this is a knot we don't know if we need undone just now.
uuum... to see if there is anyone else worth voting for more than you... to see if your questions were possible justified... etc. geez, just give me more time.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2015, 01:36:40 pm »

Hey OSG, what questions do you want me to justify and why? Make this simple for me, the person that is 'worth voting for' but that you are somehow too timid to actually vote for.
I've played some mafia.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2015, 01:37:53 pm »

@Jack
I am sort of just marking down subconscious comments on their activity. My read on them is in the summary area. If you don't want that, I could just do the reads I suppose.
I wasn't planning on voting BMC, that was just what I was thinking.
I am refering th Deus Asmoth's theories about what is going on between NQT and Persues.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2015, 10:35:59 pm »

I have almost no motivation to play this game right now and am seriously considering replacing out. I have the time to play, I just don't have anything really motivating me. I don't see anything weird or scummy, partly because everyone's distracted with NQT, and I can't defend myself against the one person who is attacking me.

TDS: Why have you been so aggressive against NQT and defending me in all this? I feel like you have a stake in this when you shouldn't, really.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2015, 07:22:26 am »

I have almost no motivation to play this game right now and am seriously considering replacing out. I have the time to play, I just don't have anything really motivating me. I don't see anything weird or scummy, partly because everyone's distracted with NQT, and I can't defend myself against the one person who is attacking me.

TDS: Why have you been so aggressive against NQT and defending me in all this? I feel like you have a stake in this when you shouldn't, really.

What makes you think that? At the time NQT requested your lynch, you had almost no content and I didn't think that NQT could have formed a solid case on you already. I also find NQT's tactic scummy. I'm about to go over the things I've missed over the weekend, though, so I'll look at everyone's more recent posts.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2015, 09:15:22 am »

Where have I been? Been busy this weekend and today, probably can write something tonight.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2015, 10:36:36 am »

I actually have absolutely no time today. (or at least, very little) I think I will vote for Cheeter for is unceasing attempts at role fishing.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2015, 10:41:38 am »

So all the talk about looking at other people was for nothing and you've decided to ignore the questions I asked you, OSG?
I've played some mafia.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2015, 10:51:17 am »

Cheeetar

uuum... to see if there is anyone else worth voting for more than you... to see if your questions were possible justified... etc. geez, just give me more time.
these answers?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41