Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76581 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2015, 08:30:20 pm »

If I had a daykill, I wouldn't kill anyone day one because odds are I'd kill town.

If I had an investigative power, I'd investigate shakerag because everybody says that his roles are the craziest, so it makes sense.

Day 1 cow poop powers seem like a necessary thing, since from what I've heard, lots of people die the first day.

I do not know why I was on the plane.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2015, 08:42:38 pm »

BMC:

You vote Cheeetar for asking about role info, but then you do the exact same thing later in the same post when you ask Shakerag for role info. Why?
Because finding out what someone can do with their role is advantageous to scum, finding out if you can confirm if someone is town or not via actions isn't.

Jack A T: It's not as if it's an unreasonable concern. If someone could track him and see that he wasn't NKing or didn't visit anybody in the night or whatever, it'd be really nice to be able to do to prove what he's doing.

OSG: So do you have a post restriction or not? Because it's starting to appear you were trying to avoid contributing AT ALL, which to me looks pretty damn scummy.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2015, 09:16:54 pm »

Origamiscienceguy, what motivated the fake post restriction?

Blackmagechill, you didn't even wait for me to respond to your vote before switching to somebody else. Put a little conviction in.

They should own up to stealing a random vote because if they use it it's gonna be visible anyway. If they're not going to use it, then it's just taking somebody else's vote away- more likely to be useful to scum than town if targeted at a random person.
Basically (probably) only scum would have reason to be secretive about stealing votes on the first day.

autistic

Not cool, dude. Tone it down.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »

flabort:
flabort:
If you could have any power with a %chance of randomly targeting someone other than your intended target, what power would you pick?
I can't answer that question as given.  What alignment am I?  Do I know if my target wasn't the intended one, and if so, who the new target is? 

I still don't understand what the hell you are trying to ask me, but since this is a bullshit RVS question, I'll just say "inspect" because who doesn't love an inspect?

IronyOwl:
Lenglon for autistic bullshit, OSG for weird crap and no substance, or you for this nice fishing. Deeply concerned about how powerful a role Dorsidorf has?

Why do you continue to do this to yourself and everyone around you?
Well I chuckled. 

And, because I hate myself and everyone around me.  You can't say it isn't entertaining ... usually.

BMC:
Shakerag: Can you be tracked to prove that you didn't NK someone? Otherwise this looks like a piss poor scum attempt to avoid an inspect or an attempt to waste one to prove your point, either one being equally scummy, ridiculous role and circumstance bedamned.
Geez, guys.  On one hand you're all champing at the bit to kill me off or block me because I'm so dangerous, and then on the other hand you're trying to say my play is piss poor.  Can we make up our minds?

But, anyway.  Rolefishing aside (as TDS noted), I am interpreting my abilities to say that, yes, I could be tracked although it is unlikely that you'd know what action I performed anyway. 

I liked how you pounced on OSG as a likely scapegoat for a D1 lynch.  I'm not a huge fan of D1 play, but if scum is just going to out themselves to me like that then I'll take it.

I know, I know, you're going to say "buuut whyyyy meeee?  Jack did it firrrrrsst!"  To which I would say, yeah, and I've got my eye on him, but you're coming across as awfully trigger happy to me, like you're trying to trying to find -something- to latch onto to start driving a mislynch home. 

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2015, 11:11:50 pm »

I did not have an explicitely mentioned post restriction, but my character description contained "I know nuh-sing" so I just went off of that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2015, 11:16:24 pm »

Jack A T: It's not as if it's an unreasonable concern. If someone could track him and see that he wasn't NKing or didn't visit anybody in the night or whatever, it'd be really nice to be able to do to prove what he's doing.
BMC: Did I say anything about the wish to have something to use instead of copping being unreasonable?  Not at all.  The problem with your post isn't there, but in the fact that you suspect Shakerag for a millerish claim.  (The return of an issue that pops up every couple months and results in the same damned debate over and over again.)  Is such an auto unexpected in a game like this?  (Hint: no)  Is there any real threat of someone deciding to test the claim with an inspect, knowingly probably wasting their inspect?  (Hint: no)

A question, though: just how important to scumhunting are roles, generally?

I did not have an explicitely mentioned post restriction, but my character description contained "I know nuh-sing" so I just went off of that.
...That's it, I'm taking a break.  I'll be back (real-time) tomorrow, when I'm less annoyed by most of the things noted in these last two posts of mine.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2015, 11:33:11 pm »

Cheeetar:You're at least putting in an effort, and I'm still thinking in terms of pressure votes. OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation, whereas you've had suspicions and questions the whole time. And are you sure it'll show up as them having two votes? Not playing is the biggest tell there is.

Shakerag: Where do I begin?

BMC:

Geez, guys.  On one hand you're all champing at the bit to kill me off or block me because I'm so dangerous, and then on the other hand you're trying to say my play is piss poor.  Can we make up our minds?
So the miller claim can do two things here. Cops can A) not inspect you and leave you to your own devices at night (which would no doubt be nice with the ridiculous shit you have cooked up) or B) they can inspect you and find out that you lied, or not believe you and waste an inspect. If you were town, you'd try and open up a path for the rest of us to clarify that you were.

But, anyway.  Rolefishing aside (as TDS noted), I am interpreting my abilities to say that, yes, I could be tracked although it is unlikely that you'd know what action I performed anyway. 
Did I ever ask about what your action was? Why would I want to know? As long as the person you visited doesn't die and flip town the next morning, I could really care less.

I liked how you pounced on OSG as a likely scapegoat for a D1 lynch.  I'm not a huge fan of D1 play, but if scum is just going to out themselves to me like that then I'll take it.
This is really funny, because me and OSG actually had the same amount of votes before you voted me, except I've actually been playing this entire time while he's been (maybe) restricted to broken english and complete inability to understand what's going on.

It seems like you don't want anybody really looking into what you're planning tonight, Shakerag. Hopefully you won't make it far enough to regret it when someone tracks you.

OSG: Did you mean the little byline thing under your role title?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2015, 12:55:05 am »

Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect Jail with %chance kill. use?
Wait, did you get that mixed up? If so, why only spot it when someone mentioned it?
Lenglon:  How did you get "jail" and "inspect" confused, exactly?
I shake my head horizontally in response to this, then draw four letters in the dirt before them.
Quote from: Me to Shakerag
easy

Are you able to speak at all?
I nod twice.
So you can speak, there's just something that happens that's keeping you from doing so... right?
I nod, slowly but in a very large motion in response to this.

Noted. Thanks for the answer; "OSG for likely disruptive role".
I nod with a smile in response to this.
If you could devise your own post restriction that you had to follow, what would it be?
and then shrug and point at myself.

I ignore this at first, then look at each of the people that answered my survey for a second before hurrying over to everyone in turn and correcting them with a pencil:
Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect Jail with %chance kill. use?
Mmm. Tougher than before. I'd use it as a roleblock on people I suspect; no use protecting people if I might accidentally kill them. This may have the side effect of protecting scum; they'd still be roleblocked and incapable of causing mischief, even if they don't die, so it's a good situation. Yes.
What do YOU think you'd do if it were a tracker-power with the chance to kill?
In response to this I simply replay his own words off my phone.
Hmm.... I want to say no, in that the risk of killing them outweighs the benefits of inspecting them, but then again killing is also a form of inspect, and unless it's night 1, you most likely are not firing at random but at people you suspect anyways. Yes.

I prowl over to BMC and tap him on the shoulder, pulling out my phone:
OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation, whereas you've had suspicions and questions the whole time. And are you sure it'll show up as them having two votes? Not playing is the biggest tell there is.

Shakerag:
I then play back three specific sound bytes yet again.
OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation,
Not playing is the biggest tell there is.
Shakerag
After this, I pull a knife off my belt and point it at BMC, maintaining eye contact with him with my eyes narrowed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2015, 01:29:44 am »

Cheeetar:You're at least putting in an effort, and I'm still thinking in terms of pressure votes. OSG's previous posts have contributed literally zero to the conversation, whereas you've had suspicions and questions the whole time. And are you sure it'll show up as them having two votes? Not playing is the biggest tell there is.

The italicised statement seems like a post restriction in how ominous and out of place it is. I don't think it will show until people use it- but somebody who stole it to not use it are most likely scum. Ergo, town should claim the steal now rather than later when they use it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2015, 05:46:42 am »

flabort, I didn't do anything to your vote.

BMC, if you're so suspicious of OSG for his lack of play, why OMGUS Shakerag instead of leaving your vote where it was?

Lenglon, does your speech impediment actually prevent you from doing anything?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2015, 07:41:31 am »

Replacement list

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2015, 07:46:47 am »

Shakerag: Where do I begin?

BMC:

So the miller claim can do two things here. Cops can A) not inspect you and leave you to your own devices at night (which would no doubt be nice with the ridiculous shit you have cooked up) or B) they can inspect you and find out that you lied, or not believe you and waste an inspect. If you were town, you'd try and open up a path for the rest of us to clarify that you were.

Did I ever ask about what your action was? Why would I want to know? As long as the person you visited doesn't die and flip town the next morning, I could really care less.

This is really funny, because me and OSG actually had the same amount of votes before you voted me, except I've actually been playing this entire time while he's been (maybe) restricted to broken english and complete inability to understand what's going on.

It seems like you don't want anybody really looking into what you're planning tonight, Shakerag. Hopefully you won't make it far enough to regret it when someone tracks you.

OSG: Did you mean the little byline thing under your role title?

This post is why I'll probably leave my vote on you to the end of the day. You're trying to make Shakerag look like scum for revealing useful information and for not revealing useful information. That makes no sense.

If you don't care what Shakerag's action is, why ask about it?

If you were a miller, what would you do?

Why do you keep changing your vote so often? It looks like you want someone lynched without regard to who they are.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2015, 10:58:00 am »

Unvote Cheeetar

Everyone else If you had to daykill someone right now, who would you kill?
Right at game start? You or NQT. Eager beaver posters can't be up to any good
Ooh, interesting.
What do you think of non-posters and lurkers? Better or worse than an Eager Beaver?
What I think? Not posting is worse than anything else, but you can't tell that immediately.

So Lenglon has a post restriction? Interesting.
How do you know that?
It's just a guess based on the fact that people usually don't post like that.
Is that so? Understood.

My thoughts? Lynching Shakerag is probably in our best interests, but he could be screwing the scum just as much, and there's not direct reasoning against his play.

My doubts? IronyOwl being "confirmed town" is weird, I have to agree with TheDarkStar here.

My suspicions? Origami is being dumb, but Blackmagechill deserves the noose.

My reasoning? Wish-wash vote patterns, voting Cheeetar after he brought up a fair point, and then pushing an attack on Shakerag...for...some...reason.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:37 am »

Alright, calmer now.  Unvote: being angry at someone isn't a good reason to lynch them, and my vote was basically anger alone.
This post is why I'll probably leave my vote on you to the end of the day.
TDS: Is BMC your top suspect?  Why are you keeping your current RVS vote now?

Lenglon: I poke Lenglon, and hand her a page with some text on it: "What exactly is your post restriction?  Do you consider the answers you've received for your RVS questions useful?  Which are the best answers?".

OSG: Do you intend to ask any questions today?

ToonyMan: If you were a pure vig and BMC were lynched today, would you kill Shakerag tonight?

BMC I would vote for right now, but this vote pileup's careening towards a hammer quite early in D1.  Internal inconsistency, making a bunch of shitty cases against a bunch of people, building an entire case on a miller claim, ignoring my entire post here including the question...
Answer my question.  Also, give a list of your suspects in order of suspicion.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2015, 11:09:46 am »

Alright, calmer now.  Unvote: being angry at someone isn't a good reason to lynch them, and my vote was basically anger alone.
This post is why I'll probably leave my vote on you to the end of the day.
TDS: Is BMC your top suspect?  Why are you keeping your current RVS vote now?

What do you mean?

BMC
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41