Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76605 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2015, 05:57:01 pm »

Unvote ToonyMan.
Flabort- somebody actioned you. How do you know, and what do you know of the intended/actual effect of the action?
I got a PM saying I lost a vote; therefore I successfully got somebody to voteblock or steal my vote through my "shenanigans". Therefor I can safely say that there is at least one person out there with a power that messes with votes. A day-based power, obviously since they used it before any nights could take place, and now they can't use it on anyone else this phase.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2015, 06:00:49 pm »

Why do you assume that they can only use it once per day phase?

Also- whoever stole it, you should own up to it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2015, 06:05:23 pm »

So Lenglon has a post restriction? Interesting.
How do you know that?

It's just a guess based on the fact that people usually don't post like that.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Remain Seated While Other Passengers Are Boarding...
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »

The stewardess continues rambling on about Communist Zombie Aliens or whatever it is she's babbling on about now. You can literally hear the situation getting worse when you hear the explosions in the food storage compartment of the plane. It might've been slightly below eating grade meat, but it's not like the diarrhea is worse than starving to death.

Oh, wait, actually, it might be.

Vote Count
------------------------
blackmagechill - notquitethere,
Cheeetar - ToonyMan,
Deus Asmoth -
Dorsidwarf -
flabort - Cheeetar,
IronyOwl - Jack A T,
Jack A T -
Lenglon - blackmagechill,
notquitethere -
origamiscienceguy - Teneb,
Persus13 -
Shakerag -
Teneb -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - Dorsidwarf,
ToonyMan - TheDarkStar, Shakerag,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Deus Asmoth, flabort, IronyOwl, Lenglon, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Tiruin,

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday 6 PM Central.

Let me know if there's any missing votes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2015, 07:26:46 pm »

flabort:
Dorsidwar Based on your own initial knowledge of the game's balance based on your own role, how large of a scum team would you guess we are dealing with?

Everyone else If you had to daykill someone right now, who would you kill?
Lenglon for autistic bullshit, OSG for weird crap and no substance, or you for this nice fishing. Deeply concerned about how powerful a role Dorsidorf has?

Unvote ToonyMan.
Flabort- somebody actioned you. How do you know, and what do you know of the intended/actual effect of the action?
I got a PM saying I lost a vote; therefore I successfully got somebody to voteblock or steal my vote through my "shenanigans". Therefor I can safely say that there is at least one person out there with a power that messes with votes. A day-based power, obviously since they used it before any nights could take place, and now they can't use it on anyone else this phase.
Why were you vague at first and then specific when asked about it? If you didn't mind the information being out, why not just state it to begin with? If you had reason to keep it secret, why reveal it anyway as soon as prodded?

Lenglon:
Rather than speaking up, I walk over to each person in turn and hand them a simple pre-typed sheet of paper.
Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect with %chance kill. use?
As someone else mentioned, if I want them inspected I probably suspect them anyway, so it's likely a good deal.

Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect Jail with %chance kill. use?
Yes, but at that point it's less of a risky action and more of a weak kill. Hold still and let me slowly strange you to death, scum.

If you don't address people more directly, you're not going to be able to pressure reads out of them and they're not going to feel like they have good reads on you.

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  Do you think there's a "knack" to determining whether or not there are third party roles in the game?
Probably, but I have no idea what that might be or what information you'd use for it.

Everyone:  Just as a kind of PSA thing, based on wording of things in my role, there may be a few (or more) abilities out there that can copy, steal, or remove abilities.  Also in the interest of disclosing information, I'm going to make a "pseudo-miller claim" such that my role prevents me from being inspected.  Also also, I'm town - not that I expect any of you to take me at my word.
Noted, and shocking, really.

Why do you continue to do this to yourself and everyone around you?

origamiscienceguy:
vei are vee killink peoples? I am not undershtant.
Haha! It's like he's German! Oh the wit!

Now actually answer the question, activelurk scum. What are you doing? Do you have any reads? Plan of attack? Or are vou jhust going to spout vacky slogans all game until you're lynched 48 hours from now?

blackmagechill:
IronyOwl: What's the maximum number of SKs you think webadict would put in this game?
I cannot swear to this but I think he might have once made a game where every single player was a serial killer.

So it's not likely there's too many, but that penguin has absolutely no limits when it comes down to it.

Dorsidwarf:
Ironyowl: If you had the ability to block all night actions, would you? What if it was a one-shot, and when would you use it?
It would make me very sad to do so, but on paper no night actions ought to benefit town more than scum, so yes. I would most likely sit on a one-shot version waiting for the right time, leaving it nice and pristine by the time I died or the game ended. Oops.

Jack AT:
IronyOwl: Hey again.  Been a while, scum.  Why did you do terrorist stuff?  Do you think these 'trap' questions have any use?
Been a LONG time. I did it because I wanted to hear them scream, for money, out of love, in pursuit of vengeance, and because I was bored.

Mainly the screaming, though.

If by "trap" questions you mean "Why are you scum, scum?" stuff, then yeah, early game pressure. Some chance somebody will be a little edgy on finding out they're scum, and then get jittered further at a little prodding.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »

Oh, uh, and by the way.

IronyOwl is completely and utterly Town.

Assume this is in the first post, as I will now retroactively put it in there.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2015, 07:54:10 pm »

Cheetar:Why would anybody want to cough up role info this early in the game? I mean, unless you're worried if somebody could do you in with an extra vote without you knowing.

BMC: do you think the quote from the opening post
Quote from: weba
Even more bizarre was the parachute found in the engine that no one could identify as belonging to anyone.
is mechanically relevant to the game?
Pfft. Probably not. I mean, if it's impossible to identify, unless somebody claims to be a paratrooper or a melted GI Joe turncoat maybe, but I feel like that's unlikely.

Everyone:  Just as a kind of PSA thing, based on wording of things in my role, there may be a few (or more) abilities out there that can copy, steal, or remove abilities.  Also in the interest of disclosing information, I'm going to make a "pseudo-miller claim" such that my role prevents me from being inspected.  Also also, I'm town - not that I expect any of you to take me at my word.
Shakerag: Can you be tracked to prove that you didn't NK someone? Otherwise this looks like a piss poor scum attempt to avoid an inspect or an attempt to waste one to prove your point, either one being equally scummy, ridiculous role and circumstance bedamned.

flabort: I missed your question earlier, but I'd probably daykill OSG because he can contribute literally nothing to the day game of town. Knowing how these games usually run though he'd probably flip as a town medium or something similar.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2015, 08:02:16 pm »

OSG: Hm.  Parlez-vous français?
vat lenguich is dis? I dont speaken it. I speaks german fluentlich.

flabort:
If you could have any power with a %chance of randomly targeting someone other than your intended target, what power would you pick?
I can't answer that question as given.  What alignment am I?  Do I know if my target wasn't the intended one, and if so, who the new target is? 

Interesting accent OSG. Wait, no, Unvote, why would I vote you over a possible post restriction?
Why include this at all?  You already unvoted at the top of your post, so voting and then unvoting OSG serves no purpose.  Also, you did the same thing in your first post with NQT ...
Let's say the alignment is defined by the power; You don't know what alignment you will be. You do know who the new target is.

I can't answer that question at this time. I can tell you there is a purpose behind it, and it's already been partially successful. I am aware that I did the same thing in my previous post.

flabort, that's the second time you've done your vote-unvote thing. Is there any reason behind it?
Yes.

OSG, what did you do before the plane ride, then?
I have says I valk eenside dah plane.
What did you do before walking into the plane?
I am not remember.

origamiscienceguy:
vei are vee killink peoples? I am not undershtant.
Haha! It's like he's German! Oh the wit!

Now actually answer the question, activelurk scum. What are you doing? Do you have any reads? Plan of attack? Or are vou jhust going to spout vacky slogans all game until you're lynched 48 hours from now?
um... I am german. I am not want to kill anybodys. Vhy is everybodys inshist on killink peoples? I have readen many book. Vat are vee atakink? Vhy am I gettink linched in 48 Uhr?

If somebodys just ekschplain to me I am schure I am undershtand.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2015, 08:07:03 pm »

Are you able to speak at all?
I nod twice.
So you can speak, there's just something that happens that's keeping you from doing so... right?

And in regards with the inspect with the chance to jail, I'd use it as an inspect normally because chances are if you're inspecting someone there's something about them that makes you think that they're some bad actor and thusly probably need the roleblock.

IronyOwl: Is being confirmed town a relief or are you afraid of getting NK'd or never being able to use your rule due to repeated jailings?

OSG: Am I going to have to translate my questions in german and then run your answers through a translator to get coherent answers? Because if so, UGH.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:30 pm »

OSG: Am I going to have to translate my questions in german and then run your answers through a translator to get coherent answers? Because if so, UGH.
I am undershtand englisch but not vhy vee are killink peoples.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2015, 08:16:21 pm »

I am undershtand englisch but not vhy vee are killink peoples.
You must find the guys responsible for the plane.

Seriously, play the game or get modkilled. This is obnoxious.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2015, 08:18:44 pm »

Okay, fine. I guess I took the "I know Nuh-sing" too far.

I will go back and answer the questions again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2015, 08:19:36 pm »

Okay, fine. I guess I took the "I know Nuh-sing" too far.

I will go back and answer the questions again.
Thank you. You can know very little, but not nothing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2015, 08:20:58 pm »

Lenglon for autistic bullshit
...really, Irony?  Really?
IronyOwl is completely and utterly Town.
...Unvote.
Otherwise this looks like a piss poor scum attempt to avoid an inspect or an attempt to waste one to prove your point, either one being equally scummy, ridiculous role and circumstance bedamned.
blackmagechill: Oh no, not the miller debate again.  (I really should write that summary report on the debate...)  General consensus: millery stuff gets claimed before being inspected (usually early D1), lowering the chance of a mislynch/wasted inspect.  Is at worst a null tell, but definite cause for effort in in-thread examination.

OSG: Danke.  Böse menschen.  Sie brachen das flugzeug.  Wer?

PPE:
Seriously, play the game or get modkilled. This is obnoxious.
*headdesk*
OSG for, well, all of that.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:44 pm »

webadict: The guys responsible for the plane are obviously some Chinese factory workers.

IronyOwl might be declared Town, but does that mean anything? "Confirmed Town" have flipped both town and scum in other mafia games, so it doesn't tell us that much.

BMC:

Cheetar:Why would anybody want to cough up role info this early in the game? I mean, unless you're worried if somebody could do you in with an extra vote without you knowing.

Shakerag: Can you be tracked to prove that you didn't NK someone?

You vote Cheeetar for asking about role info, but then you do the exact same thing later in the same post when you ask Shakerag for role info. Why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41