Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 832007 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6375 on: September 14, 2016, 02:45:39 pm »

Courier's a biiiiiiiitch!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: September 14, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: September 14, 2016, 04:38:05 pm »

Courier's a biiiiiiiitch!
100 Stealth, a hunting shotgun, and Shotgun Surgeon say you're wrong.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: September 14, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »

I feel like I'm missing a meme, but relying on stealth and shotguns seems kinda bitchy :P  Almost as much as TES stealth-archery.
So yeah, at least it isn't stealth-sniping...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: September 14, 2016, 08:59:53 pm »

Sigh... why do you guys have to bring it up? Don't you know I'm contractually obligated to meme this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: September 14, 2016, 09:10:22 pm »

Damn Homosexuals and their love of High Elves!

Do they know no common sense? They will destroy us all!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: September 14, 2016, 09:24:00 pm »

I feel like I'm missing a meme, but relying on stealth and shotguns seems kinda bitchy :P  Almost as much as TES stealth-archery.
So yeah, at least it isn't stealth-sniping...
im just using it as a example, i don't cheat use the system to my advantage that way
Black lives matter.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: September 15, 2016, 02:17:43 am »

Still no mods out which makes quests non-mandatory. Kinda saddens me.
Also, for some reason, I cannot get myself to play the game for very long.
Even with Nuka World, and mods, it just donesn't catch my interest as much as Skyrim does.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: September 15, 2016, 02:21:55 am »

I think there have been a few that allow you to skip the raiding bit of Nuka-World, for those who don't want to be evil but still actually do Nuka-World.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: September 15, 2016, 02:25:25 am »

I think there have been a few that allow you to skip the raiding bit of Nuka-World, for those who don't want to be evil but still actually do Nuka-World.

That doesn't stop Preston from nagging me.
Or any other "radiant" questgivers either.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: September 15, 2016, 04:38:28 am »

Go into data and deselect any quest. Bam, no more marker. You can ignore them to your heart's content.

Otherwise yeah, go finish the game and all the side quests to see it in its end state.

Problem is, they still exist there. Like an eyesore.
I only make it through Skyrim because of mods which makes them optional,
without the nagging feeling that I should do them ASAP.
FO4 has no mods like that.. yet.
* Ultimuh sighs.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: September 22, 2016, 12:51:48 pm »

I know it's like 6 months after the fact but... what the hell was beth thinking when they didn't allow players to select which elements of survival mode they wanted?  And why on earth did they overwrite the old survival mode instead of making a new one?

The discussion on the official forums was obviously pointless, because seemingly 80% of the posters were just trolls, but even after all this time I'm just baffled...

So many people wanted to be able to have the new food/water/sleep requirements, and the added damage to/from enemies.  But some people didn't want to lose fast travel and saving.  Why on earth didn't they just make it optional?  Has Beth ever commented on why, or do they just let their fanboy trolls scream at people asking those questions until they go away?

I mean, I know there are mods, but it's awfully silly to require mods for something that simple checkbox would have handled. It's not as if any testing needed to be done, as the mods clearly show, fast travel and saving obviously work quite fine with survival mode, and why wouldn't they?

I just checked out what was going on with FO4 after following that 'debate' six months ago, and I'm really disappointed to see they never implemented any options to toggle this crap...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: October 03, 2016, 02:09:13 pm »

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/?

Probably well known by now, and it is in mod of the month. But maybe some of you guys haven't heard about it. Its from the creator of DUST from New Vegas.

It actually makes Fallout 4 playable (for me). Its really hard (like DUST), and like DUST very much about survival. Expect to die...a lot.

It takes place I think 2-4 years or something after the nuclear war. And there is a TON of radiation on the surface.

Also, a LOT of the gameplay takes place in the subways underground (since so much radiation on surface, and so soon after war, makes sense). So it actually feels sorta like Metro, and it definitely gives off a creepy atmosphere.

Its also dark...very very dark. Which makes sense.

The mod is however very early in development, it was just released the other day.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: October 03, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »

I hate to sound stupid, but is it coming to consoles? I've been watching FROST for a while and honestly, I would hate to have to wait until I can get a gaming PC to play it when I could get a console easier. Money wise, sure it's the same, but meh. I have a computer already. I plan on upgrading once my computer finally kicks it :P

plus console mods is still a novel concept for me, so I kinda hope a high profile mod makes it there since it's basically a total conversion.

I mean, DUST never breached the 2 GB benchmark IIRC. Assuming FROST is the same, it could easily be on there with the exception of 'Only use this mod as it may reach two gigabytes.'

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: October 03, 2016, 02:26:10 pm »

I hate to sound stupid, but is it coming to consoles? I've been watching FROST for a while and honestly, I would hate to have to wait until I can get a gaming PC to play it when I could get a console easier. Money wise, sure it's the same, but meh. I have a computer already. I plan on upgrading once my computer finally kicks it :P

plus console mods is still a novel concept for me, so I kinda hope a high profile mod makes it there since it's basically a total conversion.

I mean, DUST never breached the 2 GB benchmark IIRC. Assuming FROST is the same, it could easily be on there with the exception of 'Only use this mod as it may reach two gigabytes.'

He said when he gets the "intro" fixed it will go on consoles. Right now you have to load a save file he provides in the download page, because he hasn't finished the actual intro for the mod. Like the DUST intro.

However, he said while it will be for consoles, once the mod gets too big and/or too many scripts, the console version will stop being worked on and the more advanced version will be PC only.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:32:55 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 462