Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829522 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Gay For Your Own Brain
« Reply #5325 on: February 11, 2016, 08:25:17 pm »

The Institute wants you to kill people. A lot of people. Synths kill a lot of people. Then again most factions want you to genocide the other ones anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

At least BoS lets me play with Liberty Prime.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: February 11, 2016, 08:26:30 pm »

The Railroad refuses to help anyone who isn't in their fanclub.  Doesn't count as an altruistic goal nor noble unless you include everyone.  They are self-serving jerks who don't care about humans and use their very impressive toy to help artificial life-forms without regard to the potential cost.

To be fair you can say almost the same thing about the Brotherhood, except that they are far more fair-minded, they won't help anyone at all.

Bowtie: Not the same memories, not the same person.  The person the Railroad rescued is dead the instant their experiences are gone.  The 'New' person created from the new memories is someone totally different than that synth they helped escape.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: February 11, 2016, 08:29:09 pm »

On the big LP:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Institute wants you to kill *the biggest threats to their operations, and synths kill *anyone in their way (which is admittedly a lot of people, but if I wanna be an asshole I can say it's their own fault. Which I won't.) although they do like to shoot you on sight, even when not in a dungeon/quest.

NFO: Because if they let just anyone in, soon enough someone's gonna blab or get caught or turn out to be a mole, and they get slaughtered.

Brotherhood was better under Lyons.

But at least they get to live a different life. They aren't just a slave, they're a (self-predetermined, totally new) person.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: February 11, 2016, 08:37:09 pm »

I'm sure there are some who choose to remember the experience. They're probably the ones that go fucking bonkers.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »

See: that one raider synth for the Synth Retention quest.
Black lives matter.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: February 11, 2016, 09:01:15 pm »

Ok so I think I made a mistake, I mini nuked paladin dance and I found....

No sig yet

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: February 11, 2016, 09:04:12 pm »

Black lives matter.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: February 14, 2016, 05:45:13 pm »

I havent don't the Institute ending yet; however the Institute is the most malevolent faction in the game. They keep claiming they have humanity at the heart of their goals, but there a lot of humanity on the surface whom they're a parasite to, and do everything to be isolated from. With just a fraction of their understanding and resources they could do a lot to better the Commonwealth.

They don't need to replace anyone with Synths to do their goals. That is an entirely selfish and more then likely evil action. I dont think we're ever told what happen to the kidnappee but  they're more then likely dead and might just be reduced to their base components for raw materiels.

The Institute is out only for themselves.
---
Minuet Man is the most altrusic, but ultimately a band aid. They're a reactionary force, not a proactive force. Maybe if the Minuet Men can become a confederation of homesteads, maybe? But how they function for the last 100 years, is that they're a band aid.
---
Railroad isn't really worth discussing. They're not a faction that'll turn into anything more then what they are. Though PAM is largely a waste for them.
--
BoS is the best faction in the game. They aren't the most selfless faction but they're the most proactive group. They're gonna take out super mutants, raiders, and feral ghouls.  They aren't taking them out because they want the farmers to live a more secure lives, thats just a benefit.

Thats why the BoS is the best faction for wasteland. They're a stabilizing force, which then promotes growth and security.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: February 14, 2016, 05:47:44 pm »

i dunno, racism sounds kinda bad to me
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: February 14, 2016, 05:52:20 pm »

They don't need to replace anyone with Synths to do their goals. That is an entirely selfish and more then likely evil action. I dont think we're ever told what happen to the kidnappee but  they're more then likely dead and might just be reduced to their base components for raw materiels.
I'm not sure what happened to the abductees after the lead researcher decided to... terminate the project, but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: February 15, 2016, 12:25:41 am »

i dunno, racism sounds kinda bad to me
Thats the counter argument huh? Well, cant have any o this security, that'll allow us to grow and stabilize, because they're assholes.

The BoS are assholes. But they're the ones that going to make the walls of diamond city unnecessary they're going to remove the super mutants from the commonwealth.  And from that stability, the raiders are going to go away to. Crime wont, but roving bands of mad killers will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: February 15, 2016, 12:33:48 am »

They're going to remove super mutants... And ghouls. Not just ferals, all ghouls. And they steal technology, both of which mean goodbye Goodneighbor.
Uh... You realize that they're gonna need a lot of help or a lot of time to actually do that, right? And they won't make the walls unnecessary, because walls are always necessary.
Black lives matter.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: February 15, 2016, 12:45:19 am »

They're going to remove super mutants... And ghouls. Not just ferals, all ghouls. And they steal technology, both of which mean goodbye Goodneighbor.
Uh... You realize that they're gonna need a lot of help or a lot of time to actually do that, right? And they won't make the walls unnecessary, because walls are always necessary.
The BoS doenst have a history of attacking ghoul settlements. Why would they start now? They dont like the ghouls, and can't stand them, but they don't attack civilians.
As for stealing technology. They've been known to do this, but most of the tech they have isn't stolen. And their actions are closet to noble as you're gonna get in the Commonwealth. Its very hard to argue down that misuse and arrogance of technology ended the world, and the continue misuse and arrogance of technology has come close to ending it a few more times since then.

However the BoS would be just as happy to confiscate the technology without a fight.

I suspect they may even let good neighbor continue to have their memory palace. Its not dangerous tech. Its not being misused.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: February 15, 2016, 12:54:12 am »

Well, they don't kill nonferal ghouls, I think, so you're right about that.
The Minutemen save people, help them, rescue them, etc. without ever asking for anything in return, simply because it's the right thing to do. Literally more noble in every way than the Brotherhood.
Whether or not the Memory Den's tech is hurting people they'd probably want to get their hands on it. Maybe KLE0 and Whitechapel, too, because superstrong mobile laser droid and useful General Atomics tech, respectively.
Black lives matter.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: February 15, 2016, 01:02:27 am »

The BoS aren't known for confiscating or shutting down bots. And we see this with Danse, the most BoS of the BoS, interaction with the bots. Danse runs into all those bots, and never says anything to the repsect they should be shut down for the safety of blah blah.

And the Minuet do save poeple, and seen what a 100 years of Minuet Men has done for the common wealth. Nothing. They're a band aid.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 462