Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831675 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4785 on: December 13, 2015, 12:42:28 am »

The Railroad seem like gigantic incompetent losers. First radiant mission they gave me,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could be that raiders just took over the place after the synths cleared the place out.
I just want to know how the raiders got a pet death claw.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: December 13, 2015, 01:17:34 am »

Well, you can get a perk to intimidate wild animals into being friends, why cant the NPCs?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: December 13, 2015, 01:59:25 am »

Wow, I wish that they'd actually had the foresight to integrate that into the radiant fights that appear when patrols bump into each other. Raiders with a pet deathclaw, Gunners with a supermutant slave, &c. that don't respawn that way, being solely a product of interactions between randomly spawned groups.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: December 13, 2015, 08:03:59 am »

Gods this is so weird, the more power armor I have, the more I need.  I have 36 frames, I think, and it isn't enough.  I don't even use most of them, I just keep grabbing more of them and I can't stop.  I have too much power armor, send more power armor.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: December 13, 2015, 08:13:12 am »

So the Railroad paintjob for the T-51 looks absolutely stunning.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: December 13, 2015, 08:21:27 am »

I have 36 frames, I think, and it isn't enough.  I don't even use most of them, I just keep grabbing more of them and I can't stop.  I have too much power armor, send more power armor.

:o

I think I know how to solve your problem:

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: December 13, 2015, 12:46:37 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm level 32 and still don't have a full suit of T-51 power armor... I've been missing the left arm for forever.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: December 13, 2015, 12:50:57 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm level 32 and still don't have a full suit of T-51 power armor... I've been missing the left arm for forever.
Personally I can never find right legs for anything.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: December 13, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »

There's a trader you can buy all sorts of parts from. It's a bit expensive though, it'll probably cost you an arm and a leg.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: December 13, 2015, 06:35:39 pm »

I was still missing the full T-51 suit long after I had a full T-60 and two full X-01. I guess I leveled up too fast (what power armor you get depends on your level).

However I was finally able to find one thanks to looking on the wiki. So I can vouch that there is at least one location where you get T-51 no matter your level.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: December 13, 2015, 06:40:54 pm »

There's a trader you can buy all sorts of parts from. It's a bit expensive though, it'll probably cost you an arm and a leg.

BAH-DUM-DUM-TSSSS

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: December 13, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »

Given there are full sets of armor in quite a few locations... you REALLY don't need to buy them.

Honestly any amount of power armor is overkill... Even the worst power armor is way more armor then you ever need... and with modification you can start thinking about taking deathclaws to school and teaching them the alphabet.

Then after you educate the deathclaws they will be able to hold a steady job thus expanding the job market of the commonwealth.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: December 13, 2015, 06:49:08 pm »

I just completed the constitution quest line.   It was actually a really fun fight at the end with an amusing payoff.

5/5 stars would rocket sailboat again.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:53:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: December 13, 2015, 08:25:48 pm »

I've actually been curious how the scratch damage and armor piercing mechanics work in the game in general.  T-51 power armor gives so much protection that really only a mininuke should be able to hurt you, but you obviously still take scratch damage from even potshots from pipe pistols.  T-45 armor is enough to block everything short of and maybe even including missiles.

Yet, deathclaws can still hack away 20% or so of my health despite that much armor.  I don't think they kill me in one hit without it though, so obviously there is some kind of armor piercing system.

All on all, it does make me wonder if there's much point in getting the higher marks of armor.  It really does seem like the T-45 armor is plenty, aside from its durability issue.  I guess that's a good enough reason.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: December 13, 2015, 08:34:18 pm »

I've actually been curious how the scratch damage and armor piercing mechanics work in the game in general.  T-51 power armor gives so much protection that really only a mininuke should be able to hurt you, but you obviously still take scratch damage from even potshots from pipe pistols.  T-45 armor is enough to block everything short of and maybe even including missiles.

Yet, deathclaws can still hack away 20% or so of my health despite that much armor.  I don't think they kill me in one hit without it though, so obviously there is some kind of armor piercing system.

All on all, it does make me wonder if there's much point in getting the higher marks of armor.  It really does seem like the T-45 armor is plenty, aside from its durability issue.  I guess that's a good enough reason.

Increased rad resistance is pretty nice and some of the stronger enemies can do a lot of damage even through power armour, especially when it starts to break. Fighting through Gunners with plasma weapons and missile launchers is much easier when you have a good suit of power armour.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 462